• Santa Claus

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Haha, I can't hear the words "Jesus saves" without thinking of the Slayer song
I used to play that song on guitar in my Slaytanist days.

Reactions: Malaria
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The ironic thing about it is that Tom Araya is apparently Catholic.
I heard that. It's one of those weird things where a truly good person would speak out against the abomination of Christianity.

Just as Bernie Sanders and Jon Stewart are both Jewish, yet vocally oppose the current Israeli government.

I truly admire people like that.

Reactions: sserafim and Malaria
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
At one point I was in a phd program for theological seminary of divinity
Yooo, That's so sick. If I'm around long enough I'll probably minor in theology when I go back to school.
Someone beat me to the Jesus saves joke about you going into finance lolol

Reactions: sserafim, DarkRange55, Malaria and 1 other person
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Gonna have to go with Jesus. After all, its his asshole dad I have the problem with. Also could I really be an authentic deep southerner without praising Jesus? Might turn into a tumbleweed if my badge of proof is revoked.

I've been too traumatized by forced mall photos as a kid to vote for Santa. Even giant stuffed lamb bribery does not work on me. He should stay out of children's chimneys and go back to the coal mine if he needs something to fill the void.

Reactions: Malaria and 3/4Dead
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Santa said to be good for goodness sake. Great rule

• Love
Reactions: Malaria and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Santa said to be good for goodness sake. Great rule
Good for accumulating positive karma too. Hopefully you get a better rebirth in the next life

Reactions: Malaria and Ambivalent1
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yooo, That's so sick. If I'm around long enough I'll probably minor in theology when I go back to school.
Someone beat me to the Jesus saves joke about you going into finance lolol
Lol
What are you planning to major in?

Reactions: sserafim
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Lol
What are you planning to major in?
Philosophy or sociology; the philosophy class I've been taking at my current community college has been pretty chill, and I've enjoyed most of the content. Sociology seems easy enough (I feel like this is going to backfire now that I said it lol). Either way it'll be beneficial to my career choice.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, DarkRange55 and Malaria
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Philosophy or sociology; the philosophy class I've been taking at my current community college has been pretty chill, and I've enjoyed most of the content. Sociology seems easy enough (I feel like this is going to backfire now that I said it lol). Either way it'll be beneficial to my career choice.
Right on 👍
What are you looking at career wise?

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Right on 👍
What are you looking at career wise?
Lawyer-ing. Civil rights, immigration, and probably trademark/copyright on the side, since that'll definitely always pay out, people always wanna own stuff and I always wanna argue and do paperwork (it'll mostly be paperwork). Civil and immigration are my serious passions for law though.

Reactions: DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Lawyer-ing. Civil rights, immigration, and probably trademark/copyright on the side, since that'll definitely always pay out, people always wanna own stuff and I always wanna argue and do paperwork (it'll mostly be paperwork). Civil and immigration are my serious passions for law though.
One of my step-cousins went into patent law before switching to finance.
That's great that you're following something you're passionate about! 👍

Reactions: 3/4Dead and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
One of my step-cousins went into patent law before switching to finance.
That's great that you're following something you're passionate about! 👍
Lol I was gonna reply to your decamillionaire comment but thread got locked 😭 why does money lose value? Why isn't $1 million now still worth $1 million in 20 years?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Lol I was gonna reply to your decamillionaire comment but thread got locked 😭 why does money lose value? Why isn't $1 million now still worth $1 million in 20 years?
Inflation and cost of living

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Why does inflation happen? Why does the cost of living increase? I know you answered before but I forgot lol
Inflation depending on usage can have a couple definitions and that nuance often gets lost.
1. Price inflation (prices go up)
2. Asset inflation (appreciation exceeding intrinsic value)
3. Monetary inflation (expansion of the supply of money and credit)

Cost of living is geographically dependent.

You can also have things like price gauging, greedflation, shrinkflation, ect.

I hesitate to expand on this because it may stir up some reactions…
Why does inflation happen? Why does the cost of living increase? I know you answered before but I forgot lol
I can into greater detail in PM. I hesitate making a thread because a lot of people will just lash out. It's a complex topic and it's really not as simple as "money printer go brrrr!" (If you're familiar with that meme haha)

Last edited:
  • Informative