• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you have unrealizable dreams?

• Yes

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
To think as a sane person and don't act as a freak even if I don't want to

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
While at university my dream was to do research and get published. In my mind this was one of the few ways you can actually see your contribution to the world and make a impact. Specifically I wanted to work on opioid addiction and rehabilitation and do research on things like safe injection locations and push for policy change. Got a bachelors and a masters only for me not to have what it takes for a PhD program.

Since then I've moved back home gotten a interim job to make money and am going to school to be a teacher. In my mind this is still another way of helping people and giving back so in some ways I've kept that original dream alive. But whenever I see an article on drug policy or certain criminal justice topics I miss being at university reading cutting edge studies and materials surrounded by the most ambitious people. Deep down I hope that one day I'll have the ability to conduct research and make a discovery or get published and have my work read and even taught to others.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I don't have any dreams (unless you count everlasting peaceful nonexistence). I'm not sure I ever really had them to be honest. I'm starting to realize more and more that I just never had much of an attachment to life.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Well my main dream to be generic: aka find love and start a family. Seems completely unreachable. No matter how close I get it seems to always be just out of reach. Realistically perhaps my own self sabotage will always get in the way even if the dream itself attempted to force its way through against my will.

Other dreams I've had like being an animator or working in that industry at all are also pretty dead since I suck at drawing and don't have the patience to even have any good ideas for stories.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
My autistic ass took this literally at first, as my actual dreams are straight up like LSD dream emulator screenshots where I never know what's going on 1000022394
While at university my dream was to do research and get published. In my mind this was one of the few ways you can actually see your contribution to the world and make a impact. Specifically I wanted to work on opioid addiction and rehabilitation and do research on things like safe injection locations and push for policy change. Got a bachelors and a masters only for me not to have what it takes for a PhD program.

Since then I've moved back home gotten a interim job to make money and am going to school to be a teacher. In my mind this is still another way of helping people and giving back so in some ways I've kept that original dream alive. But whenever I see an article on drug policy or certain criminal justice topics I miss being at university reading cutting edge studies and materials surrounded by the most ambitious people. Deep down I hope that one day I'll have the ability to conduct research and make a discovery or get published and have my work read and even taught to others.
I really hope that you can return to the research world someday. Our backgrounds are similar except I studied a degree in Neuroscience, and wanted to research trauma, memory, cognitive deficits etc and move towards developing actual treatments rather than the joke of a system we have in place right now.

It's almost eerily identical, I'm also struggling to finish my master's due to my poor health and do not have what it takes to endure the rigor of a PhD program. A huge component of research careers is creativity and having boundless stamina, motivation, and ideas to keep churning out long papers and documents. When your capacity for writing diminishes, it feels like some sort of death knell.

I agree with you that research and innovation is the path forward so to speak, if you want your ideas and thoughts to be recognised by wider society and your suggestions implemented into the world, in spite of all of academia's pitfalls. I truly hope that you get another chance to study again. We need more people trying to solve the issues in this world rather than causing them like politicians do.

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
Yes, and the unrealizibility of it makes every other pursuit in this life pointless in my mind.
This.

I hate how people say that time heals all wounds and you should always just try to move on, no matter how meaningful what you lost is. If nothing is worth everything, then everything is worth nothing.

R

ryba

Apr 13, 2024
i wanna be a colonist on the moon or mars. even if we had the tech for it, the screening process would weed me out pretty quick.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, they at least feel unrealizable now. I'd like my chosen career to be more stable and better paid. I'd like to be able to rely on friendships without getting hurt. I would love to have found a partner. I miss the people that died in my life.

Some of that seems more realistic than others. Some is impossible!

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't have dreams to begin with so no. Also, I didn't count me wanting death as a dream because I can tell this thread was intended to talk about normie-like dreams

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes, too many....that is how I cope with my days since childhood. I enjoy my imagination world a lot better than my reality.

• Hugs
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Do you have unrealizable dreams? Share if you are comfortable sharing them.
Of course.

I've always dreamt of taking all the sadness I feel and producing great music that people will listen to long after I die because they connect with it. To me, that would release all the pressure I put on myself. I hate how common and childish that is but I enjoy fantasizing about it, that someone would see me and be excited because I'm like a friend they've known but never met. There's so much I don't know about life and meaning, but I figure in that case it would be pretty hard to argue I hadn't done enough. The dream has drifted away over time, though.

Of course I also dream like many here of not having to work. That's not happening at this point, but it is what it is.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
All I want is a gf, but that is not possible since I am a worthless undateable loser who no one has the slightest interest in. I also refuse to replicate my DNA, whereas most people desperately want to replicate their DNA.

• Hugs