weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hehe I'll try again and be a bit less specific this time, I just binged a lot of black mirror for the first time ever and the actor from Get Out is in the second episode. If you plan to watch then don't watch the video but if you don't care or you've already seen it then check out this speech.

Love how Brooker takes the physical situation so far from current reality but makes a decent message while doing so. Can you guys share similarly impacting scenes from other shows, doesn't really have to be too similar?

Also been watching a pretty mediocre program called Sick Note which had a scene where a CEO died from erotic auto-asphyxiation at his office, telly is pretty nuts.

Reactions: Deadinside24, Soon4me, akosineenee and 4 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Hehe I'll try again and be a bit less specific this time, I just binged a lot of black mirror for the first time ever and the actor from Get Out is in the second episode. If you plan to watch then don't watch the video but if you don't care or you've already seen it then check out this speech.

Love how Brooker takes the physical situation so far from current reality but makes a decent message while doing so. Can you guys share similarly impacting scenes from other shows, doesn't really have to be too similar?

Also been watching a pretty mediocre program called Sick Note which had a scene where a CEO died from erotic auto-asphyxiation at his office, telly is pretty nuts.

thoughtful as always weed

Reactions: Soon4me, lv-gras and weedoge
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Yes now...

Reactions: Soon4me, akosineenee and weedoge
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018

Reactions: Soon4me, weedoge, akosineenee and 2 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Well, here's some stuff from Bojack, since I find the show too relatable for my own good. Also, I'm an unofficial hype man for Season 5, releasing on September 14.

Reactions: Circles, weedoge and akosineenee
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
And here's some more stuff from Bojack.

Reactions: weedoge and akosineenee
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018

Never seen the movie (yet) but I love this, people realising that nothing matters and things have gotten far too complex is the best thing.

Well, here's some stuff from Bojack, since I find the show too relatable for my own good. Also, I'm an unofficial hype man for Season 5, releasing on September 14.

It's been suggested to me but I've never watched bojack, the first 10 seconds of that first video though. Fucking me depressingly pretentious as fuck. I'll check the rest out too, I'm a big fan of the modern wave of mature cartoons tbh, I heard bojack is pretty uh idk profound or whatever though from my old friend.

Edit: I watched them all, think I might check the show out once I've finished black mirror, seems like some of it might make me cry a lot though.

Last edited:
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018

I love that show!!!!!

Reactions: weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I love that show!!!!!
Black Mirror? I've just been binging it hard the past few days. Some of the shows concepts seem super cliche like I feel I figure out the punch about 5 minutes into the episode on just a few of them, but the others more than compensate for that. Very interesting and fun show. Extremely though provoking such as with the one with White Bear Justice Park, where the prisoner has her memory wiped and is forced to relive a fucked up experience every day relating to her crime. She's basically experiencing hell on earth, and it makes you wonder if we really have the right to inflict that on somebody, no matter what suffering they caused for another. I genuinely can't decide.

Reactions: RM5998 and Deadinside24
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Black Mirror? I've just been binging it hard the past few days. Some of the shows concepts seem super cliche like I feel I figure out the punch about 5 minutes into the episode on just a few of them, but the others more than compensate for that. Very interesting and fun show. Extremely though provoking such as with the one with White Bear Justice Park, where the prisoner has her memory wiped and is forced to relive a fucked up experience every day relating to her crime. She's basically experiencing hell on earth, and it makes you wonder if we really have the right to inflict that on somebody, no matter what suffering they caused for another. I genuinely can't decide.
Yeah it's an epic show. I was sold after the very first episode.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah it's an epic show. I was sold after the very first episode.
First episode was hilariously fucked up. Was it almost a reference to the David Cameron pig scandal? Also in the waldo episode, it wasn't my favourite but I got it and when the shoe got thrown, that's also another sweet parallel to real life.

Reactions: Deadinside24
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
First episode was hilariously fucked up. Was it almost a reference to the David Cameron pig scandal? Also in the waldo episode, it wasn't my favourite but I got it and when the shoe got thrown, that's also another sweet parallel to real life.
I was surprised he actually did it! I forgot that was the first episode. I was thinking of the one where
she goes around rating everyone by interaction.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
You seriously liked the pig fucking episode? It was disgusting
lol no, I thought it was a different episode. See my above post. The pig fucking one was shocking though. I didn't think he'd do it.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I was surprised he actually did it! I forgot that was the first episode. I was thinking of the one where
she goes around rating everyone by interaction.
I've just watched that one, isn't that the first episode after Netflix picked it up? season 3. That one was great, loved the end of that episode. I love how it's normal to be crazy in this show.

You seriously liked the pig fucking episode? It was disgusting
Pig fucking one was sickening but I still really enjoyed it. Like I said some of them are hit and miss but even then there's something about each episode that is pretty enticing. The worryingly accurate parallels you can draw, it's fun.

Reactions: Deadinside24
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
I've just watched that one, isn't that the first episode after Netflix picked it up? season 3. That one was great, loved the end of that episode. I love how it's normal to be crazy in this show.

Pig fucking one was sickening but I still really enjoyed it. Like I said some of them are hit and miss but even then there's something about each episode that is pretty enticing. The worryingly accurate parallels you can draw, it's fun.
I thought it was the first one of some season. The weird thing about that one is that I could totally see society turning into that.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I thought it was the first one of some season. The weird thing about that one is that I could totally see society turning into that.
Definitely, some of them are more metaphoric but some have some pretty legit concerns or at least interesting considerations. I'm glad he explored "copies of consciousness" too, it's something I've thought about before when considering AI even though I'm very skeptical of it's possibility and I was excited to see it explored in a tv show. Pretty creative stuff.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Definitely, some of them are more metaphoric but some have some pretty legit concerns or at least interesting considerations. I'm glad he explored "copies of consciousness" too, it's something I've thought about before when considering AI even though I'm very skeptical of it's possibility and I was excited to see it explored in a tv show. Pretty creative stuff.
Yeah it is. It's been a while since I saw them. I should really watch it again. I had a really weird dream once that would have made a perfect episode I'm sure.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah it is. It's been a while since I saw them. I should really watch it again. I had a really weird dream once that would have made a perfect episode I'm sure.
I remember now, I was kind of having a weird debate with someone. People like to talk about how crazy future technology might get and that one day we might upload our consciousness to a machine or something, somehow. and I pretty much predict that because consciousness is born from the mind, the most you might ever be able to do is create a copy but not actually transfer your own conscious self into some other body.

fun stuff

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
I remember now, I was kind of having a weird debate with someone. People like to talk about how crazy future technology might get and that one day we might upload our consciousness to a machine or something, somehow. and I pretty much predict that because consciousness is born from the mind, the most you might ever be able to do is create a copy but not actually transfer your own conscious self into some other body.

fun stuff
Yeah it's really fascinating some of those ideas. Even some of the more futuristic ones seem a lot more possible - even in the near future. Uploading consciousness, I think is a ways off, but others are so much closer than is even imaginable. Season 5 was actually really good from what I remember.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah it's really fascinating some of those ideas. Even some of the more futuristic ones seem a lot more possible - even in the near future. Uploading consciousness, I think is a ways off, but others are so much closer than is even imaginable. Season 5 was actually really good from what I remember.
Half the episodes is just finding new futuristic ways to torture people tbh but it's interesting lol

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Half the episodes is just finding new futuristic ways to torture people tbh but it's interesting lol
Never really looked at it that way but now that you mention it, that is pretty accurate. Some of those ways are really creative too, damn.

Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Never seen the movie (yet) but I love this, people realising that nothing matters and things have gotten far too complex is the best thing.

For me, it's the best moment of the whole movie

Reactions: weedoge and lv-gras
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

I haven't watched Season 4 yet, but I've heard it deals with interesting topics. I'm planning to catch up when I've finished Adventure Time.

As for the previous seasons, I'd say that I tend to like the episodes that focus less on the tech and more on the people. I thought that the first couple of seasons had somewhat weaker episodes, but Season 3 was almost entirely great (except for the 1st episode and bits of the 2nd). Shut up and Dance, San Junipero and Hated in the Nation are the best of the series for me. In retrospect, I find the first two seasons to be doing much less with the tech that they have set up in their world.

fun stuff

Well, in computing terms, moving across drives is basically a copy followed by a delete. So that does check out.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
For me, it's the best moment of the whole movie
I had a friend who really helped me a lot through some shitty times, but it didn't really help and we drifted apart, he wanted to watch this movie with me really badly so you're the second person who's kind of brought it up to me. I'll probably find some time to check it out.

Reactions: anna