L

lostgripon_reality

May 27, 2024
This is my only option since I'm in a psych ward. Obviously I would make some better knot and on the other end, somehow a slip knot? Thanks 070442CE 1E5D 4C09 AB11 1E2977369DAA

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Hmmm, it could work. Taps are usually screwed tight to the wall, at least I've never seen one come off. The cloth seems a bit thick but with enough pressure it should be alright. Perhaps you could secretly practice first to see if you can make yourself start passing out?

• Love
Reactions: lostgripon_reality
L

lostgripon_reality

May 27, 2024
And should I make a slip knot noose or?

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I've read that a slipknot is recommended for partial hanging, should be this one .
A hangman's knot is often displayed in movies etc. but is rather suited for full suspension hanging with a drop as the knot is designed to break one's neck which obviously doesn't work with partial hanging.

What one could also do is to use oil or soap on the rope to make it more slippery and hence, make it close more tightly.

mengbao

mengbao

May 28, 2024
Is partial hanging, like this less painful than the gallows? Good luck.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Gallows if done right supposed to cause death immediately by snapping the neck and severing the spinal cord. Execution was a real science with the hangman calculating the height and weight of the condemned person and the length of the drop designed to snap neck and spinal cord instantly without the overkill as in the case of Saddam Hussein hung by a mob and his head almost came completely off. With partial or even full hanging without getting the drop right you die by asphyxiation which takes longer and is more painful.