S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Had a sickness review meeting today at work, didnt go well. They basically said i need to consider handing in my notice, they had been waiting for the consultant on the psych ward to tell them why i was sectioned (i didnt want to tell work the whole truth) anyway ive gone 2 months with no pay as sick pay ran out, couldnt apply for benefits as im technically still employed.

So they said even if consultant replies it may not be good, then ive got an investigation to do which may take a while anyway. So i left there knowing i couldnt quit (ive trained and studied hard for that job, 3 years in total) driving home i was like thats it i give up, id rather die than quit, SN waiting ill just fuck the antienemics and take the SN.

Half hour into driving back, phone rings. It was the manager in my meeting, consultant finally replied, i can go back to work Tuesday, full pay (need to still get through the investigation mind so i could still get fired) but wow i jist started crying. Had they left the phone call untill tomorrow it would have been too late id be dead or in hospital again.

So tuesday ill put on my Ambulance uniform and head to base on light duties to start (not allowed near drugs or treating patients yet). Im by no means recovered but i have to wait untill after the investigation. I need to see this through to the end decision and im staying on here till then :)

Reactions: Sanguinius, Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler and 11 others
johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
I hope the good news continues and you can work normally again soon

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Shewaitsforme and Fernweh
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Had a sickness review meeting today at work, didnt go well. They basically said i need to consider handing in my notice, they had been waiting for the consultant on the psych ward to tell them why i was sectioned (i didnt want to tell work the whole truth) anyway ive gone 2 months with no pay as sick pay ran out, couldnt apply for benefits as im technically still employed.

So they said even if consultant replies it may not be good, then ive got an investigation to do which may take a while anyway. So i left there knowing i couldnt quit (ive trained and studied hard for that job, 3 years in total) driving home i was like thats it i give up, id rather die than quit, SN waiting ill just fuck the antienemics and take the SN.

Half hour into driving back, phone rings. It was the manager in my meeting, consultant finally replied, i can go back to work Tuesday, full pay (need to still get through the investigation mind so i could still get fired) but wow i jist started crying. Had they left the phone call untill tomorrow it would have been too late id be dead or in hospital again.

So tuesday ill put on my Ambulance uniform and head to base on light duties to start (not allowed near drugs or treating patients yet). Im by no means recovered but i have to wait untill after the investigation. I need to see this through to the end decision and im staying on here till then :)
That is fantastic! I am SO happy for you. Wow, this makes a shitty nite much better for me.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Kdawg2018, TiredHorse and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Are the union not helping you out?
With representation and financial difficulties?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Shewaitsforme
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
That is awesome news! Congratulations!

Talk about being "saved by the bell."

I hope the investigation goes well, and that before then day to day life gets easier. As a friend of mine said, "inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard, it's too damn hard."

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Shewaitsforme
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Are the union not helping you out?
With representation and financial difficulties?

Yeah im with unison, i have to submit a hardship form tomorrow with 3 wage slips and bank statements. Wont be much but will help me keep the flat warm, phone on, internet and food thats all i need till i get a full wage in January

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Johnnythefox