• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

thrashisland

thrashisland

Jul 21, 2023
I'm a newbie to philosophy. I took one class on existentialism which briefly went over absurdism and nihilism as well and absolutely adored it. It changed my perspective and in result made me decide that to CTB is the way to fully be free. I loved the idea that we have freewill and have the power to pave our own path and meaning & I think with finding my meaning, i think exercising my final bit of freewill to ctb would be a restpectful nod to my beliefs.

Has anyone else felt a similar effect? or has anyone had the opposite effect?

Reactions: sserafim, fwompie and ANONYMOUSM
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Passionless
Jul 2, 2023
Quite the opposite for me.
Rebuttal;(this is of course imo) but whether or not death is the true freedom is impossible to tell as, noone has died and lived to tell the tale.(haha classic comedy). If you reincarnated after you died, you're still trapped, if one the religions are true, well shit. I'm a bit of an artist and I like to think of death as the scariest trap, enticing you with escape from all your problems and responsibilities only to snap its maw the second your in its reach. Simplified, I think it's to good to be true, I can just escape this shitty life with all the problems I've caused and no consequences. I think should clarify that I'm not tryna scare ya of ctb'ing or anything it's like 1 am over here and Im sleepy so take everything above with a grain of salt.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
as someone who fell into that a long time ago as a teen, its just a lame trap set by nerds

you at least need to understand active vs passive nihilism.

im going to quote something i was reading yesterday,

"
"The mystic will be deemed insane, and the fanatic, wise; the worst criminal will be esteemed as good. As to the soul, and the belief that it is immortal by nature, or may hope to attain to immortality, as I have taught you, all this they will mock at, and will even persuade themselves that it is false. It will be a crime in the eyes of the law to devote oneself to the pure religion of the spirit"

Prophecy of Thoth

Ever noticed how all the religions of Anu the current Kronos see nature as something lesser, hates the flesh, despises the world, hates an independent Shakti and denies the eternal Atman, true self. Why? Because Anu doesn't want you to believe that you can access immortality and the flesh is the way to do so. He wants you to destroy yourself in false transcendentalist philosophies. Immortality can only be attained in the flesh so these false ideas and ways to misrepresent the body as something lesser to the soul when they both require the other. The Old man in the Garden is the real devil. WAKE UP
"

thrashisland

thrashisland

Jul 21, 2023
as someone who fell into that a long time ago as a teen, its just a lame trap set by nerds

you at least need to understand active vs passive nihilism.

im going to quote something i was reading yesterday,

"
"The mystic will be deemed insane, and the fanatic, wise; the worst criminal will be esteemed as good. As to the soul, and the belief that it is immortal by nature, or may hope to attain to immortality, as I have taught you, all this they will mock at, and will even persuade themselves that it is false. It will be a crime in the eyes of the law to devote oneself to the pure religion of the spirit"

Prophecy of Thoth

Ever noticed how all the religions of Anu the current Kronos see nature as something lesser, hates the flesh, despises the world, hates an independent Shakti and denies the eternal Atman, true self. Why? Because Anu doesn't want you to believe that you can access immortality and the flesh is the way to do so. He wants you to destroy yourself in false transcendentalist philosophies. Immortality can only be attained in the flesh so these false ideas and ways to misrepresent the body as something lesser to the soul when they both require the other. The Old man in the Garden is the real devil. WAKE UP
"
This is a very interesting perception but I don't think it really applies to or reaches me. I may be young or have just not come across the texts/religious references you just mentioned but I have no longing to be immortal and view religion as a formof delusion.

PrematureBurial

PrematureBurial

ex nihilo nihil fit
Jul 5, 2023
I'm a newbie to philosophy. I took one class on existentialism which briefly went over absurdism and nihilism as well and absolutely adored it. It changed my perspective and in result made me decide that to CTB is the way to fully be free. I loved the idea that we have freewill and have the power to pave our own path and meaning & I think with finding my meaning, i think exercising my final bit of freewill to ctb would be a restpectful nod to my beliefs.

Has anyone else felt a similar effect? or has anyone had the opposite effect?
Neither Nietzche, nor Camus or Sartre [et.al.] advised for the concept of ctb in their philosophy. In fact nihilism and exsistentialism are supposed to be used and understood as a cure for not going through with it. They were philosophers of life. They explicitly criticised such a stance. The concept of free will in their philosophy manifests itself as the right to choose to riot against and defy the absurd. Saying anything else is an appropriation. Perhaps read Emil Cioran. (albeit it's debatable if we can count him as a philosopher).

Reactions: todienomore