heavilyfatigued

heavilyfatigued

Sep 7, 2021
i made the mistake of telling someone how i've been feeling and how i had a date planned, etc like an idiot and they proceeded to try and beg me to stay and now they're trying super hard to "fix" me, keep me here, and make me better. they're acting almost like a parent, going as far as to suggest i stop reading books and consuming other things concerning heavy topics and "fill my mind with better, happier things" etc. it's so frustrating and i wish i could hate them for it but I know it's only because they care for me i guess.

sorry for the random vent. this whole thing has just been such a hassle and it's making me feel guilty, especially when all they're doing is wasting their time because i'm gonna do it anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: shrek34, Hate you, Sarros and 6 others
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
I relate to this. I've spent years of my life living for others and pretending so I could leave in peace without being stopped but I trusted the wrong person. They said I could tell them anything but I guess I went wrong believing they'd respect my wishes. A good reminder not to trust anyone. I'll stick to people on here and one other friend now. Be careful sharing how you really feel and if you have dates planned with someone who knows too much information on you. We have to look out for ourselves. It can be nice to know others care but they can make the situation worse as well. Best wishes whatever you decide to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and waitingforrest
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
This is one of the reasons i try to avoid telling people. They will pretend they care and overestimate their ability to help you and won't respect your wishes

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Sarros, Maaizr and 3 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Sadly most people only help in the only way they have been taught, ignore and cover all the bad up with distractions.

This is also why I don't tell anyone. Because when they try to fix me, I feel even more of a burden for not getting better and wasting their time on a hopeless case like me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, CommitSudoku and WorthlessTrash
SKDN

SKDN

Mar 29, 2022
i know what that is... even my therapist says stuff like that.. hate it

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
We live in a world where suicide is so stigmatised and it seems as though many people do not respect the right to die. Some people simply do not understand as they are not suicidal themselves. Anti choice people really are so irritating.

After all it is the individuals life so only they know what is the best for themselves and nobody else should have any say in it. I personally always see it as best to keep my thoughts about suicide to myself, there would be no point to telling other people, it could only make things worse.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Rogue Proxy and CommitSudoku
jcksonb22

jcksonb22

deadboy
Jul 18, 2021
that's why i prefer telling no one, so nobody can stop me. i've told people in the past, but i assumed they thought i was doing it for attention which made me want to ctb even more. to prove to them i'm really sick in the head

Reactions: shrek34, Journeytoletgo and CommitSudoku
suicidoll

suicidoll

Rarely active
Apr 28, 2022
The one and only time I opened up about my feelings resulted in something similar. I feel that these people mean well but ultimately they do nothing to help.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash and CommitSudoku
Sarros

Sarros

Student
Sep 2, 2021
The one time I told someone I regret it. I got drunk and told my friends wife while she was looking after me puke my guts out and on the night of the wedding no less. I've had thoughts of telling her I'm sorry I put her through that but I'm just banking on the chance she forgot about it.

adesertrose

adesertrose

18. Feel free to PM me !
Apr 28, 2022
I think there is no point trying to "save" someone from CBT. You can not. I believe we are the actors of our fate, but we shouldn't get "mad" at people for trying to help the best they can (in their useless ways). I get pretty upset when I'm surrounded by pro-life statements, because I know it's BS, but I wouldn't wish for anyone to feel the way I do. Unless you want to genuinely get better, there is no utility to tell people because they will feel the need to save you, and feel more guilty if you die.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo