letmeseethedeath

letmeseethedeath

catching the bus
Aug 4, 2018
A little story I heard from a family member today that got me irritated. A friend of hers have cystic fibrosis and she is trying by any means to have kids even though she can't and is now planning to try with hormones. Your body is already telling you there is something wrong. Why do people who have physical or mental problems that are quite clear genetic even thinking about having kids, i wouldent wish my condition on my worst enemy, especially not my kids!
i agree. they're just egoist

Reactions: DarkDane
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
i agree. they're just egoist
You mean egotistical?
A little story I heard from a family member today that got me irritated. A friend of hers have cystic fibrosis and she is trying by any means to have kids even though she can't and is now planning to try with hormones. Your body is already telling you there is something wrong. Why do people who have physical or mental problems that are quite clear genetic even thinking about having kids, i wouldent wish my condition on my worst enemy, especially not my kids!
That just pisses me off. This woman is already going to die and she wants to get pregnant and possibly jeopardize the life of the baby? And she wants to have this kid watch her die at a young age? I have no idea why people with physical or mental problems have babies thinking that is going to make them better. I have Complex regional pain syndrome and some doctors says if you get pregnant it can make your symptoms a lot better. But what if they don't?!?!? What if you're in so much pain you can't even hold your own baby? Because that is certainly possible. I know someone with crps that got pregnant but never stayed in touch with her. I don't think she could have been in that much pain to push a baby out of her cooch.

Last edited:
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Clearly not all of us do, actually, as evidenced by many of the comments here.
All of us have some biological drive to have sex, even if some of us don't want children. Even the self-proclaimed asexuals seem to have some sort of need for romance.

Reactions: truthseeker
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I was lucky I had a Dr say mine was most definitely genetic especially as my grandad committed suicide over manic depression. Why bring a kid into this fucked up world?
I had dogs instead! Best thing ever ❤

I had myself sterilized at age 24 to make sure no one could talk me into reproducing. In my case it was my abusive childhood and the awareness that as the orphan of a suicide I'm likely to kill myself that led me to decide the genetic buck stops here.

I enjoyed my career a lot, and I love my cats. I thought it was more or less funny how colleagues with kids treated me like the anti-Christ for not having kids. I felt like suggesting that they give up a few of theirs since they were clearly being run ragged.

Reactions: not4us
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I had myself sterilized at age 24 to make sure no one could talk me into reproducing. In my case it was my abusive childhood and the awareness that as the orphan of a suicide I'm likely to kill myself that led me to decide the genetic buck stops here.

I enjoyed my career a lot, and I love my cats. I thought it was more or less funny how colleagues with kids treated me like the anti-Christ for not having kids. I felt like suggesting that they give up a few of theirs since they were clearly being run ragged.
I love my dogs so much, they are my children ❤️

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yea I'm childless and older and I can tell u it's not a fun place to be even though it has some advantages. I do feel left out of the loop. Your friendships as u get older don't quite replace having actual blood related family u can spend time with as long as u have good relationships with them. It is more empty as an older woman because we don't get satisfaction from the same things men do. Our careers or jobs don't really give women meaning long term anyway.

I had the misfortune of becoming aware of the social degradation that we have at a young age (16) and it made me very bitter. Marxism, Feminism, Hedonism, Pessimistic Nihilism, consumer culture, etc, etc. If I could go back I'd not care and try to enjoy life as much as I possibly could instead of trying to fight some stupid and pointless crusade because it's truly hopeless unless society crumbles apart and we revert backwards, technologically speaking. Even then, as someone who is scientifically-minded, I think that would be a waste of our potential. Either way, I consider both going forward and backward as a bad end for humanity.

Reactions: Final Escape
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I had the misfortune of becoming aware of the social degradation that we have at a young age (16) and it only made me very bitter. Marxism, Feminism, Hedonism, Pessimistic Nihilism, consumer culture, etc, etc. If I could go back I'd not care and try to enjoy life as much as I possibly could instead of trying to fight some stupid and pointless crusade because it's truly hopeless unless society crumbles apart and we revert backwards, technologically speaking. Even then, as someone who is scientifically-minded, I think that would be a waste of our potential. Either way, I consider both going forward and backward as a bad end for humanity.
All societies crumble and all species suffer extinction eventually. At some point we will face an apocalyptic scenario. Probably won't even notice till its too late. This isn't good or bad but necessary. It may be that humanity''s survivors go on to continue to develop technology again but choose to be more conservative in its use, actively restricting their own success in an effort to learn from the past.
I doubt it but we can hope.

Reactions: Final Escape