MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
This thread made me think of how likely it is to end up with any permanent damage from a failed partial hanging attempt (not interrupted or broken ligature anchor point)

Have this been discussed here before? I haven't heard of anyone that ended up permanently damaged.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Of course you can. You're literally strangling yourself to death, so of course there's a risk of damage! Permanent or not. That could be to your neck, brain damage, throat etc. It is a 50/50 chance, you cannot predict it. No one can. No one is an expert in hanging, unless you've done it and succeeded and you can't come back from that. I failed, because I was about to pass out and realised I didn't want to die in that moment.

I already knew you could cause permanent damage - naively, I merely found out recently after an attempt, and a paramedic and doctor explained it (because you are literally putting extreme pressure on your neck)

Trying to hang yourself - full or partial is very serious and should not be attempted unless you are serious - it is deadly.

Plenty have died from it, but some think it is harder, when it isn't, it is incredibly painful, but it is supposed to be - because you're strangling yourself to death! Don't expect that to NOT hurt, because it does. A really awful way to go, but it is out of desperation. People have been found to have been clawing at their necks (full) to try and get out of it, so if you think it isn't going to hurt, think again. Your face will be a mess afterwards. It won't be pretty.

If you're looking for a method that won't cause permanent damage, I'm afraid you're out of luck, but if we're talking neck damage etc, then avoid methods that involve jumping, hanging etc

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
@MyTimeIsUp

50/50 is not correct, the amount of people here with experience/failed attempts, and we would hear about a lot of permanent injuries.

Of course it's serious, my goal with this is to die. The reason I consider partial is because I can do it at home, anchor point for full would be in the woods.

We often hear about famous people going out with partial, and my guess is that some of them have tried before.