NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
So, basically using a bedsheet I tied it securely to the doorknob on the other side, threw the sheet over the top of the door and shut it. Then basically I just need to tie what kind of knot on my side? Is a bedsheet going to hold the weight? I'm like 150lb or so, I guess I'm just wondering what knots to tie to make sure it doesn't snap after I've already gotten brain damage. Becoming a veggie is the last thing I want,, I'm already basically mentally a vegetable which is what brought me to this point. Thanks for your help. Oh and if there is anything you could think of to where it would be possible to somehow do a self strangulation or partial suspension out in the wilderness like in a tent or with minimal resources that would be amazing, I cant think of anything but I'd much rather love to go out in nature rather than my tiny awful room. Thanks

Reactions: goxua, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Ldog9

Ldog9

Student
Jan 12, 2019
rope out in the wilderness tied to a tree?

you could also try the tourniqet method.

Reactions: goxua, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 21Neberg
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
rope out in the wilderness tied to a tree?

you could also try the tourniqet method.

Thanks for the response. A tree would work although I'd have to learn that method, but really the place I have in mind is a very open, rocky, deserty type terrain with probably no trees where I would camp if I do decide to go. I feel like there would be a way to place the rope under a rock or something heavy and somehow do it horizontally if you were skilled, and of course being found would never happen so I'd have time on my side... I'm not an expert on this stuff. I just really would like to ctb while looking at the milky way at night, but I don't have the ability to get anything illegal or any weapons. I couldn't find the tourniqet method but I will look again.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 21Neberg
Ldog9

Ldog9

Student
Jan 12, 2019
here's a start

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-night-night-method-mega-thread.6834/

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 21Neberg and NoChoice
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I think I will probably separate the two ideas: go on this journey to see the milky way, clear my mind and reflect on my life in what will be my last somewhat meaningful experience, and then come home and release myself from this damaged flesh prison. I did a test and it seems like it will work but I have so much fuckin anxiety I want to be sure it doesn't snap after 10 minutes or something. So I need to know: What knots if any are best for this? (using a bedsheet) & is a bedsheet viable for this method (it seems to be)... thanks.

Reactions: Circles, 21Neberg, Irishsteve88 and 2 others
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Are you using a full sheet or a sheet that's been torn in half? So you have like sections of a sheet.
There's pictures in the hanging thread where people are hanging with whatever they have lying around. Shirts, scarf,rope..etc.
I guess you'll have to explain more about your sheets and what they look like in order to get more help if it will work or not. There's really no specefic knot to use like a noose or Slipknot for an example. If your using a sheet you make the knot that goes around your neck I would imagine.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Are you using a full sheet or a sheet that's been torn in half? So you have like sections of a sheet.
There's pictures in the hanging thread where people are hanging with whatever they have lying around. Shirts, scarf,rope..etc.
I guess you'll have to explain more about your sheets and what they look like in order to get more help if it will work or not. There's really no specefic knot to use like a noose or Slipknot for an example. If your using a sheet you make the knot that goes around your neck I would imagine.
Just a full sized queen(?) sheet I think. It's pretty big, like I said I tested earlier and seems like it would work just don't want it to screw up somehow. I suck at tying knots lol.

NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I think it will work really in all honesty, and it's unlikely to snap in the perfect amount of time in that I have brain damage but then survive which is really all I care about. If it snaps initially for some reason I can just readjust, only thing I don't want is for it to snap or come undone after say 10 minutes of unconsciousness and then I'm a fucking vegetable. I'm pretty much set just digging for any suggestions or advice at this point.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
That's alot isn't it a whole sheet? Wouldn't you be better off if you made strips and used the strips for the job? I would think that would be much better to use instead of a whole sheet.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and NoChoice
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
That's alot isn't it a whole sheet? Wouldn't you be better off if you made strips and used the strips for the job? I would think that would be much better to use instead of a whole sheet.

Sounds like work for a brain dead lazy guy who wants to ctb.. I'm sure it would be better.. rope would probably be better. But It seems to me like this would work, people do it in prison very often with full sheets. I'll wait for some others to chime in, thanks a lot for the input though I may end up doing that If I really need to. I have about 2 weeks tops to finalize the details

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Well I'm not saying it won't work I'm just trying to figure out how your going to do it is all. Anything will work if there is a will, there is a way. I guess I'm imagining this huge sheet being tied to a door knob and you on the other side having it around your neck, in a knot. That's how I'm viewing it.
Maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and NoChoice
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Well I'm not saying it won't work I'm just trying to figure out how your going to do it is all. Anything will work if there is a will, there is a way. I guess I'm imagining this huge sheet being tied to a door knob and you on the other side having it around your neck, in a knot. That's how I'm viewing it.
Maybe I'm wrong.

I appreciate it, yeah that's basically it lol. It's like twisted tight around the knob on the other side, then flattened out to fit under the top of the closed door, then I sort of have to twist it a bit on the other side then just put it around my neck, tie the best knot I can and then sit down and assuming it holds for say 30 minutes? Then I'm gone.. It just felt a little less stable than I would like. Im so fkn lazy dont want to go buy rope or cut sheets ugh

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
It's an interesting method of doing it. What's your plan B if that falls thru?

Couldn't you just make a big knot on one end and slide the sheet through the top, because that knot will stop at the top of the door. That way you know for sure that part will hold and not come loose during the process . I just think if you took a few strips of the bed sheet and tied them together you'd have better luck. That's how they do it in prison. Because the strip has more strength than the whole sheet being used. I know you mentioned being lazy....or don't you want to ruin the sheet?
I think you have to wait and see what others say. I don't think it will work like you think it will. Have you looked thru the hanging thread and see the pictures, they all used thin material or rope .i personally think you'd have better luck that way.

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

Here is the thread.

NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
It's an interesting method of doing it. What's your plan B if that falls thru?

Couldn't you just make a big knot on one end and slide the sheet through the top, because that knot will stop at the top of the door. That way you know for sure that part will hold and not come loose during the process . I just think if you took a few strips of the bed sheet and tied them together you'd have better luck. That's how they do it in prison. Because the strip has more strength than the whole sheet being used. I know you mentioned being lazy....or don't you want to ruin the sheet?
I think you have to wait and see what others say. I don't think it will work like you think it will. Have you looked thru the hanging thread and see the pictures, they all used thin material or rope .i personally think you'd have better luck that way.

could do a knot but then the sheet would be hanging too low to the ground i think.. what do you mean strips of bed sheet? yes I'm not gonna do it unless I'm sure.. but I really think from my test it would work as long as I stayed seated until unconscious. It was stopping all blood flow before i untied and seemed to be holding the weight will.. the thing is it is twisted up like rope its not really just a flat sheet you know?

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
could do a knot but then the sheet would be hanging too low to the ground i think.. what do you mean strips of bed sheet? yes I'm not gonna do it unless I'm sure.. but I really think from my test it would work as long as I stayed seated until unconscious. It was stopping all blood flow before i untied and seemed to be holding the weight will.. the thing is it is twisted up like rope its not really just a flat sheet you know?
How'd u end up brain damaged?

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Hmm. I'm imagining a white bed sheet a big one that fits a bed. I mean if you took a bed sheet and made it into strips so it's not one big piece anymore. Yeah see I'm imagining a flat sheet for bedding.

Reactions: NoChoice and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Bump - any experts can chime in? Regular sheet good enough to do the job if done properly? I realize other methods may have higher success but from what I can tell this should work if the knots are right... Only have a few more days to finalize everything.

NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Alright then well I'm gonna with this method within a day or two. Fasting till then in hopes of making it "cleaner".. may utilize a plastic bag in the odd event something happens to compromise the setup later in. Tested and it really seems like it would work, using the diagonals of the sheet with tight knots and all the other details I've listed above.. either it snaps or I'm gone.. with plastic blag it can snap later in and it should still work. Those are the only possibilities I foresee.. this is low resource easy method so I will post again before and if you don't from me after then you will know it's a good method, accessible to really anyone. Let me know if I'm missing something or you have suggestions, thanks

Reactions: Sickman75 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals