• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

emoplugg

emoplugg

she/her
Aug 19, 2024
a bit late to be asking this since i've already ordered it and it will be arriving tomorrow (found out about this forum after ordering it), but do you think 3/4in (19mm) will be fine? its a bit larger than the 12mm you recommended earlier. if it matters, i'm slightly underweight for my height, around 120lbs (54kg).

thanks in advance and thanks for the guide, its a big help :>

Reactions: kinderbueno
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Why is partial hanging and night-night method not as effective and in the case of night night method a waste of time?
I mean, if you go in the night-night megathread, you'll find that even people on there say it's a waste of time. It's not even a method that works that often, it's not that well documented. Although there is a video online of someone dying using it. You can give it a shot if you want, but don't say you haven't been warned.
Now, partial hanging works. There have been several cases of people making it work. But in practice, it's so random and unpredictable whether or not it will work that I just don't recommend it. I tried partial many times and it just didn't work for me.
Also, I believe that when doing partial you can't breathe either (similar to full suspension), since it's only when I managed to block my airway that I got somewhat close to getting somewhere with it. But if you're gonna close off your airway, you might as well go full suspension since it's guaranteed to work, in contrast to partial.
With full suspension you put a lot more pressure on your neck (and thus, on your carotid arteries) compared to partial suspension, so if you definitely definitely want to die, go with full suspension.
That said, if you want to go with partial or night-night, you're welcome to do so, since you're not really losing much in the process, just keep your expectations in check.
a bit late to be asking this since i've already ordered it and it will be arriving tomorrow (found out about this forum after ordering it), but do you think 3/4in (19mm) will be fine? its a bit larger than the 12mm you recommended earlier. if it matters, i'm slightly underweight for my height, around 120lbs (54kg).

thanks in advance and thanks for the guide, its a big help :>
The rope you ordered is way too thick. It will work, but expect additional pain on your windpipe due to the size of it. I recommend you get a new one, sorry to say. You can use the 19mm one, but it's just not recommended for a more comfortable death. With a thinner rope you will have an easier time compressing your carotid arteries, and thus you'll pass out quicker compared to if you were to use the 19mm rope.
I'm glad you're finding my guide useful :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kinderbueno and emoplugg
emoplugg

emoplugg

she/her
Aug 19, 2024
The rope you ordered is way too thick. It will work, but expect additional pain on your windpipe due to the size of it. I recommend you get a new one, sorry to say. You can use the 19mm one, but it's just not recommended for a more comfortable death. With a thinner rope you will have an easier time compressing your carotid arteries, and thus you'll pass out quicker compared to if you were to use the 19mm rope.
I'm glad you're finding my guide useful :)
gotcha, i appreciate it! <3 i'm fine with waiting an extra day or two to make it less painful

Reactions: Evelyn Lane
berko

berko

Aug 19, 2024
Hi Evelyn, do you think this method could be possible with a wardrobe/clothing rack ? I weigh a little over 84 kgs and I don't think I'd be successful using a door or a ceiling fan. Was considering something like this (attached). Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8080.jpeg
    IMG_8080.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 0
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Hi Evelyn, do you think this method could be possible with a wardrobe/clothing rack ? I weigh a little over 84 kgs and I don't think I'd be successful using a door or a ceiling fan. Was considering something like this (attached). Thanks
I can see the thing having wheels on it, won't it slip away? But that aside, it should be fine for partial, but not for full suspension, due to it's low height.

berko

berko

Aug 19, 2024
I can see the thing having wheels on it, won't it slip away? But that aside, it should be fine for partial, but not for full suspension, due to its low height.
I think it can lock in place but I was planning to use sandbags to secure it too. I'm 149cm/4'11, would that possibly make this work for full suspension?

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I think it can lock in place but I was planning to use sandbags to secure it too. I'm 149cm/4'11, would that possibly make this work for full suspension?
Come on, it's clear that the thing isn't designed for full suspension hanging.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Still learning about this method so it wasn't too clear to me whoops šŸ˜…
If finding an anchor point at home was that easy, I'd be dead by now too. If you don't have a valid anchor point at home, your only two options are to either do it outside or give up on it.

fkyou

fkyou

Oct 1, 2022
I can barely remember anything about my partial attempt. The doctors said it seems liks I had lost consciousness very quickly. Unfortunately I made a lot of noise and my father came in (I was 15 at that time). If he had come in just a little bit later, I wouldn't be here any more.

My attempt on full suspension was completely unplanned and unorganised. In addition I was drunk that evening. Then I was 19, still living with my parents, but they were not at home. In my room there was a hook on the ceiling where I fixed the necktie. I didn't make a noose but just an ordinary knot. I also didn't kick the chair away but just stepped down of it. That's probably why I could make it back. I hanged for about a minute or so (can't tell it exactly). It felt very uncomfortable on my neck. I didn't use any padding. I started panicking and went back on the chair. That evening I didn't have any courage to try again. Maybe if I had waited a bit longer, I would have succeeded. I had to use a lot of make up the next days to cover up the red colour in my face and on my throat.

I still think that hanging is the best method for me, because I know what I did wrong. I'm much better prepared now. I would also prefer SN or something like that, but with my first attempt I have a suicide record with the police and fear to be forced to go to psychic ward before I have the chance to ctb.
What kind of noise did you make during yr partial attempt?

Gone soon

Gone soon

Guy who likes wearing womens' clothes
Jun 11, 2024
What kind of noise did you make during yr partial attempt?
I was told that I made loud noises trying to breathe, coughing. I also banged my body on the wall. As I wrote I didn't do that consciously, so I can only tell what my father told me

fkyou

fkyou

Oct 1, 2022
I was told that I made loud noises trying to breathe, coughing. I also banged my body on the wall. As I wrote I didn't do that consciously, so I can only tell what my father told me
Can you tell what was yr setup and the position you did?

Gone soon

Gone soon

Guy who likes wearing womens' clothes
Jun 11, 2024
I put a nylon pantyhose around a window handle and made a simple noose. I'm not sure about the position any more but I think I kneeled forward

A

aaronxxcam

Aug 20, 2024
Who are you? Why should I listen to you? Can I trust you?

I am a suicidal woman that has been studying about hanging for more than five years. I have attempted suicide by hanging a few times in the past, and I plan on dying by full suspension hanging. I have studied about hanging from various different sources, which include guides, videos and testimonials. I have experimented with hanging for long enough and with enough intensity to believe that I am in a position where I can share my knowledge with others that are interested in hanging.

Is this guide right for me?

Well, it depends. Do you want to learn how to hang yourself? If yes, this is the guide for you. This guide is aimed at complete beginners, and doesn't rely on you having any prior knowledge about hanging. Also, this guide is suitable for you even if you don't have a place to hang yourself from (yet). My aim is to get you from inexperienced to ready for full suspension hanging.

Why are you making this guide? I've seen some other guide(s) around, are they not good enough?

I am quite sure that there are other guides around, but I've also seen plenty of conflicting or erroneous information, which led quite a few people to be unsure about details (sometimes, quite important information). Also, this guide will contain the bare-minimum, practical information on hanging, without any of the theoretical fluff that you could find in other guides. It will be straight to the point, with clear, concise information.

Why is this guide about full suspension hanging instead of partial suspension hanging or night-night?

The reason for that is because partial suspension hanging is so, so difficult to pull off that you're better off not attempting suicide in the first place. Believe me, I was fixated on partial suspension hanging for the longest time. I actually thought I could reliably die from partial suspension hanging. I just want the best for you all, I don't want to see you waste your time and be disappointed, so I'm gonna teach you how to do full suspension hanging instead. Also, night-night is even more of a waste of time, don't even bother with that.

Is this going to be a drop hanging? Will I be breaking my neck?

No, you won't be breaking your neck. There's a misconception that by breaking your neck you will die instantly or lose consciousness instantly. This is not true. Instead, what breaking your neck does is paralyze you making you unable to move. That's why it looks like they are dead. We'll be focusing on full suspension hanging, where our main objective is to compress the carotid arteries, which will lead to unconsciousness within 20 seconds, followed by death.

Where are the carotid arteries located?

The carotid arteries are located in the sides your neck. They are most exposed towards the upper part of your neck. You can feel the pulse of your carotid arteries by placing your fingers on the upper part of your neck: it will feel like a strong pulse.

What type of ligature should I use to hang myself?

You need a rope to hang yourself. Some people say that you can get away with an extension cord, a belt, a necktie, etc. but I have heard stories of them snapping during a full suspension hanging attempt. Is it worth the risk, considering you could end up with severe brain damage if your hanging attempt is suddenly interrupted? That's why I recommend a rope. I recommend 12mm braided polyester or polypropylene rope. They should support pretty much anyone with an average weight, but always make sure you check the "safe working load" of whatever rope you're buying.

What type of knot should I use for the noose on my neck?

You should use a noose knot (not a hangman's knot). Check out this video:

What type of knot should I use for the anchor point?

You should use a bowline knot for the anchor point. Check out this video:
With this knot you can even tie a knot to anchor points that are too high up for you.

Where can I find a good anchor point for full suspension hanging?

Check around your house first: does anything look sturdy enough to hold your full body weight? I realize that finding an anchor point for full suspension hanging inside a house might be very hard (if not impossible) for some. So I decided to write a guide on how to find a suitable anchor point outside your house. Please take a look: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...hor-point-for-full-suspension-hanging.175101/.

Should I put anything between the rope and my neck?

Yes. I recommend you put something light such as a tablecloth or a plastic bag. This is to reduce friction of the rope against your neck, to ensure that the rope can constrict your neck smoothly and to ensure that you don't get a rope burn. If you are particularly heavy (say more than 100 kg), you could even use a towel as padding for your neck.

When should I do it?

You should do this when you know that your hanging attempt won't get interrupted for 30 minutes.
And, if you're doing this outside, just do it at night. Preferably during the winter, so the night is even darker, that way nobody will be able to interrupt you from hanging yourself.

How should it be done?

Follow the three basic rules on full suspension hanging. More details on https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...self-aka-most-common-hanging-mistakes.174897/

This is the end of this short guide. I hope this is of help to you all!

Hi, why do you advise a 12 mm rope? I thought 10 mm was better..

Jarni

Jarni

Memento mori
Dec 12, 2020
Thank you very much @Evelyn Lane for your posts, it's really greatly appreciated.

Please what do you think about this type of anchor point on the joined pic on the locked door (impossible to open the door with the door handle)?

The rope just placed higher for allowing the body to not touch the floor, I just draw smth very approximate and schematic.

For sure the rope must not be very thick for this, it's the main potential problem I see with this.

Attachments

• IMG_20240822_125845.jpg
    IMG_20240822_125845.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jarni

Jarni

Memento mori
Dec 12, 2020
potentially better Idea with the anchor point on the door (image attached), but I have no idea if it is really solid. And 50-60kg maybe are maximum for this. And this is not for tall people.

Attachments

• IMG_20240823_122427.jpg
    IMG_20240823_122427.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Hi, why do you advise a 12 mm rope? I thought 10 mm was better..
A thicker rope is less uncomfortable, but a thinner rope digs in deeper into the neck. When you apply your whole body weight, I don't think it really matters. But you can use a thinner rope if you want, it's up to personal preference.
Thank you very much @Evelyn Lane for your posts, it's really greatly appreciated.

Please what do you think about this type of anchor point on the joined pic on the locked door (impossible to open the door with the door handle)?

The rope just placed higher for allowing the body to not touch the floor, I just draw smth very approximate and schematic.

For sure the rope must not be very thick for this, it's the main potential problem I see with this.
I made a thread on this today. You've seen it already. Anyway, I don't think the rope would be too thick for this to work, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni