stupidrat

stupidrat

abyss
Dec 12, 2021
Reflecting back on last year and feeling better in some ways but overall feeling exactly the same. The end of June will mark one year since I attempted to CTB (a very miserable and pathetic attempt at that). I always find it odd how much things in one's life can change from month to month, yet in terms of how one feels there can be almost no significant change. My life circumstances have changed quite a bit since this time last year, and in a relatively positive direction too, though there have been some big negative changes as well. Yet I feel almost exactly the same as I did last year. I feel like I've gotten a bit wiser and more mature, but my mental health is the same. The older I get, the more I come to the realization that I will most likely experience the same thought patterns and mental health challenges throughout my entire life, even if my life changes drastically. People talk about depression and anxiety as things that have a time limit… they'll inevitably go away in a few months or a few years. I don't know if that time line applies to me and my mental health struggles. If anyone is reading this, do you feel the same way?

Reactions: dontwannabeyou and _Minsk
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Reflecting back on last year and feeling better in some ways but overall feeling exactly the same. The end of June will mark one year since I attempted to CTB (a very miserable and pathetic attempt at that). I always find it odd how much things in one's life can change from month to month, yet in terms of how one feels there can be almost no significant change. My life circumstances have changed quite a bit since this time last year, and in a relatively positive direction too, though there have been some big negative changes as well. Yet I feel almost exactly the same as I did last year. I feel like I've gotten a bit wiser and more mature, but my mental health is the same. The older I get, the more I come to the realization that I will most likely experience the same thought patterns and mental health challenges throughout my entire life, even if my life changes drastically. People talk about depression and anxiety as things that have a time limit… they'll inevitably go away in a few months or a few years. I don't know if that time line applies to me and my mental health struggles. If anyone is reading this, do you feel the same way?
Time limit on Depression? Not when you lose your SO, not for me--4 months hasn't changed a damn thing