• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

Why Me?

-
Apr 5, 2022
This is a method i tried but i was found way to soon but any ways you are out in secconds and in 15 minutes there is permanent brain damage and 20 min your dead but in secconds lights go out heres the link to the tread
What kind of rope did you use, what position, and what kind of set up?

• Informative
Reactions: Kerrtu
666thereaperofsoulz

666thereaperofsoulz

May 9, 2023
I used a rope about a meter long i lubricated it with some soap so it wpuld slide better and lock better in place i used a slip knot and basicly i had a sturdy contruction allready in my house for partial suspension but you can use even a door handle its importamt you can go on your knees and lean into it it takes 3 kg to 5kg force to get you passed out in secconds its by the way the same artory mma fighters use to knock someone out in the ring with a choke hold
i hope this helped :)
I used a rope about a meter long i lubricated it with some soap so it wpuld slide better and lock better in place i used a slip knot and basicly i had a sturdy contruction allready in my house for partial suspension but you can use even a door handle its importamt you can go on your knees and lean into it it takes 3 kg to 5kg force to get you passed out in secconds its by the way the same artory mma fighters use to knock someone out in the ring with a choke hold
i hope this helped

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Why Me?
W

Why Me?

-
Apr 5, 2022
i hope this helped :)
Was it a manila rope? What was the material. I plan on buying a manila rope, and lubricating it with bar soap so that the slip knot doesn't slip like it does with the nylon rope. there is not much information about using a manila rope for hanging, so I'm scared it won't work. I can't hang from a door knob, only a bannister (over the stairs) which will hold my weight. I'm concerned about the stairs being nearby which can cause me to stand up.

Also, where did you position the rope on your neck?

C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
This is not a solution. because the problem is that the slipknot will stay, but it won't tighten, meaning it will be very painful and slow to unconsciousness
Some types of slipknot do not loosen, such as 'Scaffold Knot'

• Informative
Reactions: CW36 and Why Me?
B

BlackSpotOnTheSun

Jun 19, 2023
A few years ago I made the mistake of trying with a belt. This belt had some amount of elasticity in it, and every time I felt my vision starting to blackout, my feet would touch the floor enough for me to fully regain consciousness. I also put padding around my kneck which hindered it room working. The attempt went on for what felt like an eternity and eventually the belt came free dropping me to the floor. I didn't do enough research into it and was too hesitant in trying to mitigate the pain factor. My next attempt will be successful in whatever method I choose, but I need to get it right, as I can't go back into a ward.

• Informative
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
A note on knots and types of rope, ie manila -

Manila rope, lubricated with soap or not, is itchy. It's strong AF, but itchy around the neck.

A "proper" full drop hang, done with the knot beneath the chin, angled to the left lower jaw, forces the head backwards and breaks the cervical spinal discs; one wouldn't have enough time to register the breaking, only the drop, or fall, which must be fast.

I broke my neck in 2016 - an accident, not an attempt. I don't remember what happened, only waking up and realizing I couldn't turn my head. I was within millimeters of severing the spinal cord and it would've been lights out. At the time, my husband and I were separated, and I was a fucking mess. After I broke my neck, and didn't die, I felt strangely empowered - as if maybe I finally "got it" and things would work out in the marriage, in my life. But no, he filed about 6 weeks into the recovery. I can laugh about it now but at the time, oooof.

That balloon of hope deflated real quick. After he told me, I went into the hall and laid on the floor. Recovery became an attempt. I removed the aspen collar and tried turning my head again, hoping it would just give way already. It was very painful - I wasn't able to force my head left or right, and I tried. Head in hands, I was pushing.

You mention hanging from a bannister. It's solid, and it will hold you as you've tested.

Further info which may be of use:

Precautions taken to avoid abandoning the act of hanging and reducing pain in suicidal hanging cases

(case study of 17 hangings in Konya, Turkey)

Hanging death likely quick and painless

(Seattle Times, 2006 - discussion of Saddam Hussein's execution - judicial hanging/long drop)

Excerpt:

The former Iraqi dictator's trip to the gallows should have produced near-instant death, say medical experts, although prolonged suffering was possible if Saddam didn't fall far enough or with sufficient force.

Dr. Byron Bailey, associate professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of South Carolina, said he expected Saddam to suffer a "hangman's fracture," a term used for the violent breaking of the C-2 vertebra below the base of the skull.

Aside from the vertebra fracture, a properly placed rope will snap the trachea and compress the jugular veins and carotid artery, cutting off all oxygen and blood to the brain. Anything less forceful may leave the victim to die over a few minutes by suffocation.

"A lot of people debate whether or not consciousness is lost immediately," said Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. "I think consciousness is lost immediately, but nobody knows for sure. It's a philosophical question."

Hangman's knot Wiki

For a hanging, the knot of the rope is typically placed under or just behind the left ear, although the most effective position is just ahead of the ear, beneath the angle of the left lower jaw. The pull on the knot at the end of the drop levers the jaw and head violently up and to the right, which combines with the jerk of the rope becoming taut to wrench the upper neck vertebrae apart. This produces very rapid death, whereas the traditional position beneath the ear was intended to result in the mass of the knot crushing closed (occluding) neck arteries, causing cessation of brain circulation.

I don't use Reddit anymore however, there's a user by the name of HermanTheShocker. I believe they're on Tumblr with the same name. A lot of interesting cases, perspectives, discovery photos, etc.

Editing to add: When testing strength of a beam or bannister to see if it will hold, add an additional 15lbs or so for certainty. Doesn't have to be exact, this is to be sure the support will hold once the body has gone limp.

Last edited:
  • Informative
W

Why Me?

-
Apr 5, 2022
A note on knots and types of rope, ie manila -

Manila rope, lubricated with soap or not, is itchy. It's strong AF, but itchy around the neck.

A "proper" full drop hang, done with the knot beneath the chin, angled to the left lower jaw, forces the head backwards and breaks the cervical spinal discs; one wouldn't have enough time to register the breaking, only the drop, or fall, which must be fast.

I broke my neck in 2016 - an accident, not an attempt. I don't remember what happened, only waking up and realizing I couldn't turn my head. I was within millimeters of severing the spinal cord and it would've been lights out. At the time, my husband and I were separated, and I was a fucking mess. After I broke my neck, and didn't die, I felt strangely empowered - as if maybe I finally "got it" and things would work out in the marriage, in my life. But no, he filed about 6 weeks into the recovery. I can laugh about it now but at the time, oooof.

That balloon of hope deflated real quick. After he told me, I went into the hall and laid on the floor. Recovery became an attempt. I removed the aspen collar and tried turning my head again, hoping it would just give way already. It was very painful - I wasn't able to force my head left or right, and I tried. Head in hands, I was pushing.

You mention hanging from a bannister. It's solid, and it will hold you as you've tested.

Further info which may be of use:

Precautions taken to avoid abandoning the act of hanging and reducing pain in suicidal hanging cases

(case study of 17 hangings in Konya, Turkey)

Hanging death likely quick and painless

(Seattle Times, 2006 - discussion of Saddam Hussein's execution - judicial hanging/long drop)

Excerpt:

The former Iraqi dictator's trip to the gallows should have produced near-instant death, say medical experts, although prolonged suffering was possible if Saddam didn't fall far enough or with sufficient force.

Dr. Byron Bailey, associate professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of South Carolina, said he expected Saddam to suffer a "hangman's fracture," a term used for the violent breaking of the C-2 vertebra below the base of the skull.

Aside from the vertebra fracture, a properly placed rope will snap the trachea and compress the jugular veins and carotid artery, cutting off all oxygen and blood to the brain. Anything less forceful may leave the victim to die over a few minutes by suffocation.

"A lot of people debate whether or not consciousness is lost immediately," said Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. "I think consciousness is lost immediately, but nobody knows for sure. It's a philosophical question."

Hangman's knot Wiki

For a hanging, the knot of the rope is typically placed under or just behind the left ear, although the most effective position is just ahead of the ear, beneath the angle of the left lower jaw. The pull on the knot at the end of the drop levers the jaw and head violently up and to the right, which combines with the jerk of the rope becoming taut to wrench the upper neck vertebrae apart. This produces very rapid death, whereas the traditional position beneath the ear was intended to result in the mass of the knot crushing closed (occluding) neck arteries, causing cessation of brain circulation.

I don't use Reddit anymore however, there's a user by the name of HermanTheShocker. I believe they're on Tumblr with the same name. A lot of interesting cases, perspectives, discovery photos, etc.
Thanks for sharing. Sorry you went thru that. Just so you know, the full suspension I would be doing would be a short drop, not a long one. I would simply step off a bucket, that would my feet are above the ground. So there should be no neck break or anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Thanks for sharing. Sorry you went thru that. Just so you know, the full suspension I would be doing would be a short drop, not a long one. I would simply step off a bucket, that would my feet are above the ground. So there should be no neck break or anything.

Ah, ok - short drop. Just be sure the bucket is tall enough, the rope is strong, and the bannister holds. Do you plan to take any type of benzo beforehand? I'm been saving my Klonopins for when I CTB. I'll be using SN.

I wish you peace.

🫂

W

Why Me?

-
Apr 5, 2022
I'm terrified of the pain, but I'm desperate. I will buy the manila rope tomorrow, because I should not have gotten nylon rope. I will lubricate the slipknot with bar soap, so that it slips and stays. I will use a thin little towel as padding. My alternative method is scary and risky, so I keep coming back to full suspension. I don't have time to try to figure out if partial is even possible. I have to CTB ASAP, this week. I hate that I have to wait until Wednesday to receive my rope. My situation is a nightmare. Everyday is unbearable.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: saddestbunny
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
Some people on Quora are saying things like this "Of my own experience of suicide attempt I can tell that most of the pain comes from too thin rope or improperly placed rope around your neck. Other than that, there is almost no pain." Is this true?
i used a belt with d ring and it worked like a charm. a few seconds and i blacked out, woke up on the floor like a dog on a leash (the belt slipped from inbetween the door and door frame).

Mortadelo

Mortadelo

Arcanist
Apr 19, 2023
which one do you think has a higher success rate?
Full suspension hanging, with the right setup, has a 100% succes rate.
Partial suspension is supposed a low succes rate.

Reactions: CW36