S

SNOB

Apr 7, 2020
hi everyone

do any of u lot have an interest in numerology. or a number which follows u around that u seem to see everywhere.

i have this number which i see practically everywhere when i am having a hard time or when i am having difficult thoughts/days. i also take notice of patterns of repeating numbers. its a little bit obsessive but i dont think im too crazy.. yet haha (:

i like to study the meaning of them. anyone else?

Reactions: Pisceslilith and Circles
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i've actually been thinking about this alot.

i've been seeing like triple digit numbers of the same single number? 333, 555, 666, 999, something. its wierd. sometimes i just think of it as a coincidence but other times its odd. its definitely interesting though.

S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
Goodness, this got me thinking of the movie "The Number 23". Also for me, there's a strange thing about the number 44. It seems like many times of the day when I look at the time, it's almost always the 44th minute. Maybe it's a mental clock mechanism of my sub-conscious, somehow keeping track of it, but I have no idea why.

Last edited:
S

SNOB

Apr 7, 2020
mines 47, its always 47 minutes past.. trippy stuff

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Yes, the number 56 is what has followed me throughout my life. I never really could understand what it meant. I somewhat thought it could mean a bad upcoming event but nothing ever happened whenever I would see the number randomly throughout any day. I did however choose my ctb date during May 6th (5/6/2020) just because I thought why not and it's a convenient date or atleast month since there aren't any birthdays or holidays. But sadly I don't think I can gain the motivation do it just yet, as much as I want to kill myself I just can't get over the guilt of hurting my mom especially since this year has been hard on her already. So fuck if I know what the number means if I can't even do something with it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote and Weeping Garbage Can
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6, and 9 then you would have the key to the universe." - Nikola Tesla

5ecb837c09d73c532ac375b968265a83
TeslaNumbers

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Oyoy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Numbers have a huge significance in philosophies, ancient mythology and modern magickal practices. With good reason.

Seeing particular numbers everywhere occurs, I suspect due to an inter-related combination of things. Nature tends to construct things with reference to particular sets of numbers (everything is essential reducible to mathematical formulae), which repeat at different levels of complexity.
Because nature works like this, and the human mind is a construct of nature, we have an particular tendency to see these numerical patterns everywhere we look. Sometimes, even when the pattern does not actually exist the way we think it does.
There are elements of synchronicity in this too. We see such patterns because we are primed to see them by how out consciousness is constructed out of the very patterns we are primed to see.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy and Epsilon0
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
There are elements of synchronicity in this too. We see such patterns because we are primed to see them by how out consciousness is constructed out of the very patterns we are primed to see.

I think this has more to do with confirmation bias than synchronicity-- I expect to see 555 and bam, it appears because I was on the lookout for it. Indeed humans evolved to see patterns in everything because it helped them to survive, but sometimes as a result of this mechanism we see patterns where they don't actually exist and this leads to delusion formation, early schizophrenia symptoms, etc.

I had to be careful with this because I've been seeing repeating numbers a lot recently as well and, even though I'm trained as a scientist, a suicidal mind will pick out any kind of hope it can find sometimes. A quick online search into repeating numbers like 555, 111, etc. will claim that they are "angel numbers" and that they indicate "you're on the correct spiritual path", or that "it's a wink from the universe", or whatever.

Synchronicity is a Jungian concept and has everything to do with some kind of metaphysical shared consciousness that he believed in. Jung proposes that these coincidences are meaningful/intentional, in a way that indicates mind and matter are somehow interconnected.

Interesting stuff, though I don't necessarily believe in it. Anyway, I'm just rambling about concepts that I'm sure anyone with an interest in this type of esoterica is already familiar with.

Reactions: deadpixels
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I think this has more to do with confirmation bias than synchronicity-- I expect to see 555 and bam, it appears because I was on the lookout for it. Indeed humans evolved to see patterns in everything because it helped them to survive, but sometimes as a result of this mechanism we see patterns where they don't actually exist and this leads to delusion formation, early schizophrenia symptoms, etc.

I had to be careful with this because I've been seeing repeating numbers a lot recently as well and, even though I'm trained as a scientist, a suicidal mind will pick out any kind of hope it can find sometimes. A quick online search into repeating numbers like 555, 111, etc. will claim that they are "angel numbers" and that they indicate "you're on the correct spiritual path", or that "it's a wink from the universe", or whatever.

Synchronicity is a Jungian concept and has everything to do with some kind of metaphysical shared consciousness that he believed in. Jung proposes that these coincidences are meaningful/intentional, in a way that indicates mind and matter are somehow interconnected.

Interesting stuff, though I don't necessarily believe in it. Anyway, I'm just rambling about concepts that I'm sure anyone with an interest in this type of esoterica is already familiar with.
My mistake. What I actually meant was confirmation bias, I just used the wrong term. I meant the tendency to see things precisely because you are primed to see such patterns.

Reactions: Lethe
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
i've actually been thinking about this alot.

i've been seeing like triple digit numbers of the same single number? 333, 555, 666, 999, something. its wierd. sometimes i just think of it as a coincidence but other times its odd. its definitely interesting though.

I read on some spiritual forum those are messages

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I love the number 9 because of its perfection. How it can be multiplyed and reduced to itself and how it disapeares when it's added to other numbers.
I enjoy seeing the clock when it's in order like 1:23 or 3:21 but it feels like a luxury of this digital age.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
Since some months I keep seeing number 64 everywhere and it drives me nuts. It's not the first time where I'd keep seeing a number everywhere. It happened also during my early teenager years with the number 21.