• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I did a couple of sessions of EMDR so far and I'm finally able to sleep. This is exciting because I've had bad sleep for so long that it's like I began to attribute it to other things. I didn't realize it was related to carrying too much unprocessed trauma. The suicidal ideation yesterday was not so severe. I don't know if this will work so I can make improvements to my life but I guess it will be nice if I do begin to no longer have chronic passive suicidal ideation, disturbed sleep, more energy, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd, BPD_LE, CC123 and 1 other person
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm so happy you found a little bit of relief.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
What is EMDR?
It's a very simple modality that's the funny part. It's actually very easy. If u can look up virtualEMDR.com All it is, is that u watch a little thing on a screen move side to side and in various different directions with a little sound each time it goes side to side. Then while u are watching this u think of the most distressing events and stuff bothering u past memories. For some reason it processes these traumatic events from the past or even recent traumatic events that still bother u. Plus u can hypnotize in more positive thoughts as well. I listen to my positive affirmations I made into the audios of my phone while watching the emdr to get the new thoughts to go in deeper. It's really easy to do. I only did about 30 min sessions. I'm so upset that I've been living like this so long and this stupid simple treatment has been around actually a long time, although I'm not sure how long virtual emdr has been available.

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
It's a very simple modality that's the funny part. It's actually very easy. If u can look up virtualEMDR.com All it is, is that u watch a little thing on a screen move side to side and in various different directions with a little sound each time it goes side to side. Then while u are watching this u think of the most distressing events and stuff bothering u past memories. For some reason it processes these traumatic events from the past or even recent traumatic events that still bother u. Plus u can hypnotize in more positive thoughts as well. I listen to my positive affirmations I made into the audios of my phone while watching the emdr to get the new thoughts to go in deeper. It's really easy to do. I only did about 30 min sessions. I'm so upset that I've been living like this so long and this stupid simple treatment has been around actually a long time, although I'm not sure how long virtual emdr has been available.
I'll try (almost) anything once—will check it out.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'll try (almost) anything once—will check it out.
It's $69 per month but that's way cheaper than if u have to see therapist plus u can do it any time so it's more convenient. I sort of customized it for myself and adding in stuff I'm learning from Pete Walkers book on how to heal from complex ptsd.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
It's $69 per month but that's way cheaper than if u have to see therapist plus u can do it any time so it's more convenient. I sort of customized it for myself and adding in stuff I'm learning from Pete Walkers book on how to heal from complex ptsd.
Is there any way to try this before committing to the $69 ? I'm not trying to get something for nothing, but natural methods can be hit or miss with each individual, so I'd like to see if this can be for me.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Is there any way to try this before committing to the $69 ? I'm not trying to get something for nothing, but natural methods can be hit or miss with each individual, so I'd like to see if this can be for me.
On YouTube there are some EMDR videos and I had tried those but they didn't work as well, I think because the little sound was missing. Plus it's harder to control what pattern the little ball or thing u have to follow with your eyes. It seems like a buzzing, tapping or sound is important as your eyes move from side to side. The other problem is u don't get any sort of guidance to sort of understand what u are doing. There's a guide through that asks u questions and so u aren't just doing the eye movement without being able to focus on what u are trying to do. The EMDR vids on YouTube are either missing the sound or u can't control the direction of the eye movement. I noticed I had to frequently change the direction of the eye movement from side to side, diagonal right and left, and figure 8, to really get the full effect. I used to use the one with the happy balloon face on YouTube but it did not work like this one probably because the sound was missing and I couldn't control the movement of the little smiley face it was preset in the video. It did kind of help still, but being able to control it worked so much better.

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
On YouTube there are some EMDR videos and I had tried those but they didn't work as well, I think because the little sound was missing. Plus it's harder to control what pattern the little ball or thing u have to follow with your eyes. It seems like a buzzing or sound is important. The other problem is u don't get any sort of guidance to sort of understand what u are doing. There's a guide through that asks u questions and so u aren't just doing the eye movement without being able to focus on what u are trying to do. The EMDR vids on YouTube are either missing the sound or u can't control the direction of the eye movement. I noticed I had to frequently change the direction of the eye movement from side to side, diagonal right and left, and figure 8. I used to use the one with the happy balloon face on YouTube but it did not work like this one probably because the sound was missing. But it did kind of help still.
I hear ya - but I still cannot see myself throwing $ 69 at something that would be pure speculation for me.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I hear ya - but I still cannot see myself throwing $ 69 at something that would be pure speculation for me.
Right I get it, I'm not trying to sell anything but I was so desperate and when I tried this I felt considerably better after just a couple of 30 min sessions and I definitely was going to share this information because it could help other people too. $69 is a relatively small price to pay if u can become more functional very quickly and you are on the verge of ctb.
It gives u a free trial so that's good. I went ahead and just bought it because I've heard that it's pretty effective.
I F695B229 76BD 47D0 8CFB 787939EEF1C7

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Right I get it, I'm not trying to sell anything but I was so desperate and when I tried this I felt considerably better after just a couple of 30 min sessions and I definitely was going to share this information because it could help other people too. $69 is a relatively small price to pay if u can become more functional very quickly and you are on the verge of ctb.

It gives u a free trial so that's good. I went ahead and just bought it because I've heard that it's pretty effective.
I View attachment 19270
I'll take a look—thanks.

SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
thats interesting I have been interested in EMDR for a while I didn't know you could do it online... I read a book about trauma called "the body keeps the score" and it had a lot of good things to say about it. You say you pay monthly, have you heard how many sessions is typical to have to do, is it like an ongoing thing or do you get all the benefit after so many sessions?

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I got a little overzealous with the emdr and now I got anxiety and feeling weird lol! It goes away after a bit but this is something to expect so be careful not to overdo it. For some people emdr can be impossible to tolerate and they don't respond well. I was reading about the different results people have. I know for sure that lots of difficult stuff comes up and that might scare some people. Like buried memories surface. It's not meant to be without some initial discomfort and I guess it should improve as time goes by and after some sessions over time.
thats interesting I have been interested in EMDR for a while I didn't know you could do it online... I read a book about trauma called "the body keeps the score" and it had a lot of good things to say about it. You say you pay monthly, have you heard how many sessions is typical to have to do, is it like an ongoing thing or do you get all the benefit after so many sessions?
I'm not sure on how many it takes, my friend is currently getting emdr professionally with a therapist and I think he said 20 sessions but I'm not sure. Depending on how much trauma u have and how well u respond to this it can be different amounts of time and sessions depending on the person. I have layers upon layers of trauma since childhood and so that's gonna take a min till u begin to feel better. I would read the reviews that they show and look into emdr and what people say. There's lots of information on it online. Like how long it takes and how often u should do it.

Last edited: