S

scoliosisking

Aug 2, 2022
I've been really struggling the past few weeks, but this week has been the worst. Nothing makes this feeling in my chest go away. I feel like I've done everything short of telling my friends "I want to kill myself" and no one notices or takes me seriously. I've done everything that normally fulfills me and makes me feel better and it all just feels like a chore. Normally hiking and being outside is so rejuvenating for me, but today I was fighting just to put one foot in front of the other. Every minute of it I wanted to go home or just collapse on the ground. I only made it about a quarter of the way through what I normally get through. It just felt like so much. I feel so heavy, like my body will give up at any moment and I just don't know what to do. I can't leave my dad so I have to get through this for now. What do you all do?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ineedtodie, makethepainstop, pauly1963 and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's so tough carrying this burden alone. Has there been anything concrete or tangible that you have been struggling with?

Reactions: Ineedtodie, pauly1963 and makethepainstop
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I hate that chest feeling. It has been my companion for too many years.

I do get temporary relief when I do hard exercise, though. Naps used to help also, but it increasingly feels like waking back into a nightmare when I return to reality.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There does seem to be no real relief from suffering in a life like this and it does sound very tiring what you have to experience. Your feelings of wishing to be free from this life are understandable, but I get that it can be a difficult situation to be in when you wish to leave, but yet there are others you would be leaving behind.
Feeling trapped in this world with no way to escape really can be so awful and I also find it really hard to have to endure each day. I just want to sleep and there is nothing more desirable than the thought of no longer being part of this world for me. But suicide is certainly very complicated and risky at least in my case and I hate that fact. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
F

freedomcalls

Student
Nov 9, 2022
Have you had bloods done?

Not always, but often when I have that heaviness etc it is related to low thyroid function or anaemia, and can be relieved somewhat with supplements x

Reactions: pauly1963
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I feel the same way, the depression took all my feelings of enjoyment for anything I used to like. My body is also failing me right now. I find no relief in this life whatsoever.
I've been in bad while panicking hard for a while now, I know the only way for me is to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: Ineedtodie and pauly1963
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I hate that chest feeling. It has been my companion for too many years.

I do get temporary relief when I do hard exercise, though. Naps used to help also, but it increasingly feels like waking back into a nightmare when I return to reality.
chest feeling, same thing with me this year--Intense exercise does seem to always help for awhile

• Hugs
Reactions: Ineedtodie, pauly1963 and Pluto
P

pauly1963

Existence is evil, meaningless and pointless.
Nov 12, 2022
I've been really struggling the past few weeks, but this week has been the worst. Nothing makes this feeling in my chest go away. I feel like I've done everything short of telling my friends "I want to kill myself" and no one notices or takes me seriously. I've done everything that normally fulfills me and makes me feel better and it all just feels like a chore. Normally hiking and being outside is so rejuvenating for me, but today I was fighting just to put one foot in front of the other. Every minute of it I wanted to go home or just collapse on the ground. I only made it about a quarter of the way through what I normally get through. It just felt like so much. I feel so heavy, like my body will give up at any moment and I just don't know what to do. I can't leave my dad so I have to get through this for now. What do you all do?
I force myself to work out every day, even though I hate doing so. Working out helps raise my mood and energy levels, but only by a moderate amount. If I don't force myself to work out, then I will just stay in bed all day, which makes me feel worse. I think the time of year also makes people less energetic anyway. It certainly does in my case. So sorry you are having to endure this.

Reactions: Ineedtodie and justwanasleep