• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
Omg I guess I'm stupid cause I can't understand the calculations, it's so complicated, all the measurements, percentages on the charcoal burning thread. Basically if I buy charcoal take it to the bathroom what would I have to do from there, how do I light it , do I keep it burning while I'm in the bathroom, do I light it in the bathroom? Sorry

Reactions: Venessolotic
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
what are the bathroom demissions in cm
width
length
height

you have to seal off the bathroom with duct tape to prevent co2 emissions from escaping
including any extractor fans
Volume of a cubee45152e

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic and Praestat_Mori
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
replying so i can come back and check

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Can you buy concentrated sulphuric acid and Formic acid in your country and are you handy at making things?

You can find the instructions for making a simple GULPS CO generator in the PPeH. Produces pure CO, no charcoal guesswork.

Also, does anyone else live in your house; or are you in an apartment block?

CO can be lethal to others, you must take all precautions not to endanger anybody else.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

Dida

Apr 15, 2019
Can this method be done with just a plastic bag?

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, greatgooglymoogly and Darkover
greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
Omg I guess I'm stupid cause I can't understand the calculations, it's so complicated, all the measurements, percentages on the charcoal burning thread. Basically if I buy charcoal take it to the bathroom what would I have to do from there, how do I light it , do I keep it burning while I'm in the bathroom, do I light it in the bathroom? Sorry
DO NOT light it in the bathroom; there will be smoke. Light it outside and let it burn at least until the thick smoke stops. There are plenty of threads telling you what to look for as to when the coals are ready.

Also, try expensive briquettes or lump charcoal; there's info recommending that on that out there too; definitely listen. The cheap ones I used had a really gross smell even after smoke was gone and the charcoal turned white.

I do not know much about all the calculations and such so I can't help you there, but yeah it depends on the size of the room, how sealed off it is, etc. not advising you to do what i did, but because there was so much general confusion around the calculations, I tried this method in my car, because it was a smaller, likely more sealed space that could become more concentrated with CO quicker and not hurt anyone but myself. Failed because I backed out, not because the method failed.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
I appreciate your suggestions. Where did you light the charcoal before placing it in your car?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I appreciate your suggestions. Where did you light the charcoal before placing it in your car?
Logically you would light the charcoal (or any fire) outside of your flat/room/car/tent. Wait until the charcoal stopped burning and looks greyish. This is the right time to get it inside. I do not have links to posts in the CO mega thread at hand rn, how the charcoal has to look, you can find it there.