M

Maplethemorbid

Jul 8, 2023
If I want to kill myself and when I'm ready to kill myself I won't be able to tell a soul about it because so many people would just ruin it because they decide that them having me in their life is more important than letting someone die peacefully so I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to them and I'd probably have to just disappear without anyone knowing, I'd have to hide it till the last moment and probably even then because people don't want to let go, I can't even talk about feeling suicidal because that's a ticket to a secure mental health facility so what the fuck am I supposed to do?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ineedthis, pyroxenic, chloramine and 9 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Apparently you have to keep silent. I've been talking about suicide with my mom for so long she finally (in tears) said "it's your life".

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, Forever Sleep and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's a shame that suicide is such a tabu in the society. It causes so much more pain and suffering should one want to reach out for help or just to be understood with their desires. As hard as this may sound I think it's best to keep silent, stay with us vent here as much as you wish. You will be understood and not judged! I'm sorry OP that life is going in such an awful direction for you. I hope you can find peace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, 90starve and 3 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Once you tell people they will try and get rid of you fast.

No one wants a suicidal person in their life, we are seen as a burden and a liability.

No quicker way to lose friends and family than tell them you are suicidal.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, 90starve, Homo erectus and 2 others
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
If I want to kill myself and when I'm ready to kill myself I won't be able to tell a soul about it because so many people would just ruin it because they decide that them having me in their life is more important than letting someone die peacefully so I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to them and I'd probably have to just disappear without anyone knowing, I'd have to hide it till the last moment and probably even then because people don't want to let go, I can't even talk about feeling suicidal because that's a ticket to a secure mental health facility so what the fuck am I supposed to do?
Look at it this way, although it might seem selfish to you, you have people in your life who care about you enough that they would look after your well-being to keep you safe. That suggests you are worthwhile. Not trying to minimize whatever emotional pain or unbearable life situation you may be going through, though.

Reactions: 90starve and Homo erectus
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
I talk about it all the time. It pisses people off but fuck em lol

• Yay!
Reactions: 90starve
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
In advanced societies, it's possible to control how one dies. Death is no longer a random, unexpected "sad" event. Death should be openly discussed, so that people can decide for themselves. During war times, and the subsequent rebuilding, pro-life attitude is understandable. But with widespread machine use and automation, there aren't many things left for humans to do. But automation is owned. The owners don't allow other people to share the fruits. People have to work to enjoy leisure. As a quick fix, people are advised to be creative, adapt to the new world to create new jobs. Modern societies are trapped in a pro-life viscous circle. People don't really expect a stable equilibrium. They have to make "progress" all the time. It has taken only 70 years to go from post-war chaos and labor shortage to meaningless of life. If being pro-life has been the norm in history, it suggests that the world has not been peaceful most of the times, catastrophes happen regularly.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and 90starve
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think it's the unfortunate reality that there is a lack of compassion towards suicidal people in this world, it disgusts me how so many are against the right to die, none of us are obligated to continue existing here and wanting to die is always a valid way to feel so people should be able to discuss this openly and have their decision respected.

To me it truly is such a cruel world we exist where suicide is so stigmatised and how suicidal people are treat like criminals simply for making a decision in which they have every right to make, I despise this anti-suicide society.

• Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter