• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I've found my way into this network of what are sometimes called peer-led support spaces and I keep thinking about how so many of y'all would benefit from it. Many of these spaces are non-carceral, meaning they won't involuntarily hospitalize you. Some of these spaces engage with critical psychiatry, psych abolition, or "mad pride," which seem to align with a lot of the views and experiences of people on this site.

The overarching idea behind all of these is that people, even people labeled as "mentally ill", can make their own decisions. Suicide prevention is replaced with harm reduction; suicide is not pathologized but there's an effort to provide resources to make life a little easier/more worthwhile. It's like SaSu, but hopeful.

Examples of resources (I'm avoiding a lot of links because idk if these orgs want to be associated with SaSu but you can DM me for the resources I've found most helpful):
  • Alternatives to Suicide (Sometimes abreviated Alt2Su), where people with lived experiences of suicidal ideation and/or attempts can talk to each other about those lived experiences. There is no mandated reporting in these spaces.
  • THRIVE Lifeline, which is like a crisis hotline but non-carceral (geared at people with marginalized identities, but mental health challenges count).
  • Peer respite centers, an alternative to psychiatric hospitalization, available in some US states and elsewhere around the world.
  • More useful stuff on this non-carceral resources list.
Warning - a lot of these spaces are very lefty, so if that doesn't match your politics, you might feel alienated.

I wanted to share if it's helpful. I know it's not for everyone, but feel free to take it if you want it and leave it if you don't.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
I've found my way into this network of what are sometimes called peer-led support spaces and I keep thinking about how so many of y'all would benefit from it. Many of these spaces are non-carceral, meaning they won't involuntarily hospitalize you. Some of these spaces engage with critical psychiatry, psych abolition, or "mad pride," which seem to align with a lot of the views and experiences of people on this site.

The overarching idea behind all of these is that people, even people labeled as "mentally ill", can make their own decisions. Suicide prevention is replaced with harm reduction; suicide is not pathologized but there's an effort to provide resources to make life a little easier/more worthwhile. It's like SaSu, but hopeful.

Examples of resources (I'm avoiding a lot of links because idk if these orgs want to be associated with SaSu but you can DM me for the resources I've found most helpful):
  • Alternatives to Suicide (Sometimes abreviated Alt2Su), where people with lived experiences of suicidal ideation and/or attempts can talk to each other about those lived experiences. There is no mandated reporting in these spaces.
  • THRIVE Lifeline, which is like a crisis hotline but non-carceral (geared at people with marginalized identities, but mental health challenges count).
  • Peer respite centers, an alternative to psychiatric hospitalization, available in some US states and elsewhere around the world.
  • More useful stuff on this non-carceral resources list.
Warning - a lot of these spaces are very lefty, so if that doesn't match your politics, you might feel alienated.

I wanted to share if it's helpful. I know it's not for everyone, but feel free to take it if you want it and leave it if you don't.
Yeah not even remotely matches so I'm shit out of luck