• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
How do you think a world with no rules would be like? Would anarchy ever work, or is it too idealistic to ever be implemented into reality?
I think any form of chaos would be like one big prison, those strong enough take from those weaker and so on. What would stop that? Not that current society is grand but the idea of a world of individuals working in some unselfish way seems like a big pipe dream. Life's just a question of who's screwing you, how hard, and will they hug you afterwards.
What are your thoughts on this comment?

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
He is right that the chaos will eventually converge to a more stable structure.
Wdym
True. Even though I don't like society, law and order keep people's animalistic nature in check. They exist to control people, and people need to be controlled. If society collapsed, then it would be a free for all. The idea of a world of individuals working in some unselfish way *is* too good to be true. It'll never happen. People are greedy, selfish and self-interested by nature. There will never be a utopia. In a world with no rules, the strong *would* dominate the weak. It would be like the animal kingdom. It would be like The Purge everyday
What do you think?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Literally, I guess?...

What is your question?
How will the chaos converge into a more stable structure? I know that societies inevitably organize themselves into hierarchies, even in the animal kingdom. Is this what you're talking about? Leaders will emerge out of the chaos?

Reactions: surroundedbydemons
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
How will the chaos converge into a more stable structure?
Because I do not understand why it shouldn't

So, more like, what makes you think anarchy will work?
What do you think?
Same as my first comment. But instead of it being "The Purge" every day, the level of anarchy will gradually decline

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Because I do not understand why it shouldn't

So, more like, what makes you think anarchy will work?

Same as my first comment. But instead of it being "The Purge" every day, the level of anarchy will gradually decline
Why do you think the level of anarchy will gradually decline? In a world with no rules, there would be no consequences or punishment. People could get away with anything. Law and order exists to control people and keep them subservient. Without laws, people would show their true nature (of selfishness and self-interest)

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/any-anarchists-here-how-do-you-practice-it.152919/

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Why do you think the level of anarchy will gradually decline? In a world with no rules, there would be no consequences or punishment. People could get away with anything. Law and order exists to control people and keep them subservient. Without laws, people would show their true nature (of selfishness and self-interest)

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/any-anarchists-here-how-do-you-practice-it.152919/
Thank you for bringing up that thread. I think people there generally provide a good complex explanation.

I will provide a simple explanation:
There is person A and person B. They are competing for a resource, a bush of berries, for example.
Let's say person A loses to person B. Person B now owns the bush. Ok, that works.
Now, there are also person C and person D. They decide to team up and gang up on person B. Person C and person D own the bush....

There is a group A and group B. Group A has the rules, and group B lives in anarchy. They are competing for a field of bushes.
Group A beats group B because group B is not organized, but group A has structure. Now group A owns the field.
Group B will not unite by themselves to beat group A because group B has no rules.

What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: sserafim
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Anarchy does not work in the long term and makes no sense.
Anarchy can only "work" for a short time.
Of course, this is not pleasant.
It certainly wouldn't be a peaceful life.

Sooner or later some person/group of people/government/whatever will take control and the anarchy will end.

Anarchy is a naive system.
If you complain about your life now, it will be even worse during anarchy.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
How do you think a world with no rules would be like? Would anarchy ever work, or is it too idealistic to ever be implemented into reality?

There is a difference between no rules and no enforcement of rules.

The comment is just pessimism for the status quo. It's basically just "a pipe dream, so let's not even TRY to work towards a better world". It's like when people just 300 years ago would say that abolishing slavery entirely is a pipe dream.

• Informative
xinino

xinino

The excess needs to be destroyed
Mar 31, 2024
Chaos and equality can coexist, exploitation of resources is what makes people superior, the world in pre-agriculture is a perfect example, nature made almost all people equal. because material conditions without exploitation "agriculture" allowed people to be equal. Also, the concept of dominance itself was almost nonexistent in people's psyches simply because the physical world did not allow this concept to even be thinkable. The recreation of these circumstances now is impossible, thus equality under chaos is impossible.

I think the world we are now living in is reflection of the mainstream's psyche, so as long as we think rationalIy there will be rules, world without rules needs irrationality "specifically without neocortex in brain", so we have to do things without plausable reasons to create such world.

Anarchism is stateless cummunity organized by rules but just less oppressive or more considerable about individuals.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Humans generally require some sort of set of rules or morals to follow for us to get along with each other. Rules are something that will always exist in for that reason. Anarchism refers to a stateless community. Even under anarchism there will also have to be a set of rules to follow, hence anarchist law.

I'm personally not the most knowledgeable on anarchism and I do plan on taking more time to read up on it, but based on the bits I know about it, there are quite a few aspects of it that I find myself agreeing with. Still, there is no such thing as community without rules because humans always have some sort of set of rules that must be followed in order for us to be able to live with each other. It isn't about rules vs no rules, but rather it's about what said rules are, where do they come from, how are they to be implemented, and whether or not they are beneficial to the community. It's also about making sure that said rules apply to everyone, not just a particular group of people (particularly the marginalized).

• Informative
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If the only rule is no rules, then eventually somebody will realize they're allowed to create rules because the no rules rule isn't a real rule but a ruse.

• Informative
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Wrld wrk unvrs rule no human rule rly brutl unvrs ,unvrs chaos human species no undrstd

J

joeschmo

Feb 25, 2024

Anarchy is *always* going to lead to another society, we are social animals, it's in our instincts to seek order, which means some form of government.

Anyways, so there was this cool dude named Jacque Fresco from "The Venus Project", he spend many decades trying to figure out how to implement a governmental system that is better than any before, one that is primarily run by AI (like an advanced quantum computer). He said that unfortunately because of the way pll are currently programmed and the type of governmental system we have in place, humanity might need to go through the worst type of depression globally before humans finally decide to try something new.

Instead of explaining everything he said, I highly highly recommend the following: https://www.thevenusproject.com/learn-more/documentaries/

• Informative
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
This reminds me of Slab City
I think how things pan out would be very different depending on the environment and culture of the place. Like the geographical environment and what the values of the people were before anarchy, even generations back.
Conflict is the human condition and people are constantly trying to get away from it. I think constant violence is less likely to be the norm than some kind of social structure, probably a hierarchy.

• Informative