• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Given US culture's irrational (and contradictory) life-value ideology, it's not surprising that the State intervenes to prevent prisoners from delivering themselves from unbearable circumstances permanently. One of my greatest fears is being imprisoned for wrong-think and then NOT being able to deliver myself out of misery--especially in the modern (US) police state in which the US Supreme Court has officially proclaimed "Officers do not have a constitutional duty to protect someone."

Existence is far too often hellish:

http://articles.courant.com/2009-01...strike-coleman-s-attorneys-protest-conditions

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
Just pick a fight with thet wrong guy they might stab you or beat you to death
Thats what i do in that situation
Not the greatest idea, they could beat you up and not kill you. After that they would bully you and you would basically be fucked.

Starving is too painful. In that situation, I would wait until I am out to kill myself, if that's not possible ask for something to hang yourself with.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Given US culture's irrational (and contradictory) life-value ideology, it's not surprising that the State intervenes to prevent prisoners from delivering themselves from unbearable circumstances permanently. One of my greatest fears is being imprisoned for wrong-think and then NOT being able to deliver myself out of misery--especially in the modern (US) police state in which the US Supreme Court has officially proclaimed "Officers do not have a constitutional duty to protect someone."

Existence is far too often hellish:

http://articles.courant.com/2009-01...strike-coleman-s-attorneys-protest-conditions
I would just want to see proof that they had access to food ... don't need any of that "they starved themselves to death " shit. Deplorable how we keep people.

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
Given US culture's irrational (and contradictory) life-value ideology, it's not surprising that the State intervenes to prevent prisoners from delivering themselves from unbearable circumstances permanently.

Modern cultures in general seem to be contradictory like that.

On the one hand people are treated like disposable commodities and you're supposed to be responsible for everything in your life (despite living in a globalized economy where you need global supply chains for even simple crap like a toothbrush and job markets can appear and disappear at different locations and times).

On the other hand if you actually take your life into your own hands and wish to end it you're treated like a criminal and imprisoned (and likely drugged) if found out. It's not that cheap to imprison someone who's doing no work (except maybe acting as a guinea pig for pharma companies). People are simultaneously disposable yet are not allowed to (easily) exit the system despite being disposable. Assisted suicide also has high penalties even though from society's perspective you're helping get rid of a "disposable commodity" that is in such a large supply anyway.

The only term I can think of for such thinking is "doublethink":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Modern cultures in general seem to be contradictory like that.

Freedom has always been an illusion. My last "best friend" (who makes 6-figures as a head university librarian) became incensed when I first used in his presence the term "wage slavery." Many people who have what they need to be content (or survive reasonably well) still believe in free choice. And there's no discussing the matter with many of these.

Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Freedom has always been an illusion. My last "best friend" (who makes 6-figures as a head university librarian) became incensed when I first used in his presence the term "wage slavery." Many people who have what they need to be content (or survive reasonably well) still believe in free choice. And there's no discussing the matter with many of these.
Wage slavery i like that... One of my first jobs as a teen i worked side by side with a man that had worked for the same company for 38y he said that when he started the pay was exelent but now its just to much to starv to death and to little to live on he just didnt care he had all he needed but told me to leave as i did after 4 years... But after that i have come to see so many wage slaves western world is truly horrible to many but just as non west contrys most dont have a choise or say

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
so many wage slaves western world is truly horrible to many but just as non west contrys most dont have a choise or say

Right.Despite the Second Amendment in the US Constitution, the real weapons are wielded by others, not the average citizen. I guess so long as we have our Nachos and reality TV and a couple of bucks to spend on Millers, we're good.

Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Right.Despite the Second Amendment in the US Constitution, the real weapons are wielded by others, not the average citizen. I guess so long as we have our Nachos and reality TV and a couple of bucks to spend on Millers, we're good.
Kind of my point the guy telling me this lived in a 250 sqm house that he buy in 1973.. When in western world can one buy that today on minimum salary

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Kind of my point the guy telling me this lived in a 250 sqm house that he buy in 1973.. When in western world can one buy that today on minimum salary

The acolytes of the Hans Roslings of the world keep claiming the world has vastly improved in the past 100 years because, well, we're living longer and have more technology. They ignore the rapidly growing wealth gap between the majority and the empowered minority. The cost of living is exploding EVERYWHERE. And because we sent everyone to college (on debt in the US), a college degree can't guarantee financial stability, either. Add globalization into the mix and if you're not from a wealthy family the competition just to survive can be overwhelming. I can only speak for me but I want none of that. :/

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018

The "freedom of choice" we have in the western world is rather similar to the Hobson's Choice (take it or leave it):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobson's_choice

Sure, you're "free" to either work for money / game others for money or you end up on the street (and likely imprisoned, at least in the USA where being homeless is a crime in many states).

Even the shallow choices we get like what products and services to buy are to an extent illusory as most brands are owned by a tiny handful of businesses:
https://www.businessinsider.com/10-companies-control-the-food-industry-2016-9/?r=AU&IR=T
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkshire_Hathaway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPMorgan_Chase

and various other big businesses that have acquired or merged with others.

I suppose one is also "free" to choose who to beg a job for as well, though given how much a few big businesses own chances are you'll end up working at one of their subsidiaries anyway.