• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

spiderman_32

Sep 2, 2019
Hi.

I am having issues with acquiring Nitrogen gas in the uk. Sent an e-mail to 2 suppliers, no reply after 4 days. Decide to call, the first one says I have to sign up, I ask how you can do it, says I have to come to the store; then I inquire about cylinder size, says I'll have to wait 4 weeks cause its not available rn, then I inquire about smth else, the response was that I'll be e-mailed about it, 2 days after and haven't received any reaponse.

The second supplier didn't answer the phone, even tough I checked the working hours. I called a third supplier, and they said that they do rentals only. It seems like every time I try to work through I get stoped, and need your help on how can I solve this (acquiring cheap nitrogen in the uk). Maybe somebody here has got a spare cylinder that can sell it to me?

Reactions: Baskol1
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
Some useful info here:

Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
I called a third supplier, and they said that they do rentals only.

That can work. They'll make you put down a deposit, which you won't get back, but that doesn't seem like it should be a huge issue for you.

Reactions: outrider567
S

spiderman_32

Sep 2, 2019
That can work. They'll make you put down a deposit, which you won't get back, but that doesn't seem like it should be a huge issue for you.
It is an issue for me, because I wish to fulfill my obligation of returning the cylinder, which I won't be able to perform after I use it. I'm not interested in deceiving the supplier.
Ty, have already read it in the past, all the suppliers I contacted are welding stores, so yes. I tend to believe that I am raising a red flag, and they give excuses in order to refuse me
Some useful info here:

, al

Last edited:
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
It is an issue for me, because I wish to fulfill my obligation of returning the cylinder, which I won't be able to perform after I use it. I'm not interested in deceiving the supplier.

Well, not to quibble too much, but you're necessarily deceiving the supplier, because if you were honest, told them you planned to kill yourself with their product, they'd refuse your business. And a deposit is designed for this exact situation - to compensate the business in the event the rented property isn't returned to them. I understand the desire but it's not a huge deal - look up the cost of nitrogen canisters online, they're not that expensive.

Ty, have already read it in the past, all the suppliers I contacted are welding stores, so yes. I tend to believe that I am raising a red flag, and they give excuses in order to refuse me

Maybe you need to work on your story, maybe it's a British thing. I have no idea why, but it's been my experience that you Brits seem to be rather ghastly at customer service in general. Seems odd, Americans being the boorish, unrefined, aggressive and often rude folks that they are, but they do customer service well, and are generally delighted to take my money in exchange for whatever they're selling. In the UK, I really got the impression all over the place that I was the one who should feel privileged to be allowed to spend my money at whatever shop I was in. I found it very odd. In any event, it's true that certain industries don't do customer service very well in any country, and I've found blue collar supply industries to fit that mold. I had to stop by in person, and the folks I met with were pleasant enough, but seemed almost like they couldn't be bothered... I figured union job they can't get fired from, mostly selling to commercial shops, so my business doesn't mean much... yeah, I can see why they don't go too far out of their way.

Also seems possible that maybe no one's getting back to you because they don't have it stock, so, maybe you should try following up, widening your search to nearby areas or showing up in person.

Reactions: outrider567, Manja and Stan
S

spiderman_32

Sep 2, 2019
Well, not to quibble too much, but you're necessarily deceiving the supplier, because if you were honest, told them you planned to kill yourself with their product, they'd refuse your business. And a deposit is designed for this exact situation - to compensate the business in the event the rented property isn't returned to them. I understand the desire but it's not a huge deal - look up the cost of nitrogen canisters online, they're not that expensive.

Maybe you need to work on your story, maybe it's a British thing. I have no idea why, but it's been my experience that you Brits seem to be rather ghastly at customer service in general. Seems odd, Americans being the boorish, unrefined, aggressive and often rude folks that they are, but they do customer service well, and are generally delighted to take my money in exchange for whatever they're selling. In the UK, I really got the impression all over the place that I was the one who should feel privileged to be allowed to spend my money at whatever shop I was in. I found it very odd. In any event, it's true that certain industries don't do customer service very well in any country, and I've found blue collar supply industries to fit that mold. I had to stop by in person, and the folks I met with were pleasant enough, but seemed almost like they couldn't be bothered... I figured union job they can't get fired from, mostly selling to commercial shops, so my business doesn't mean much... yeah, I can see why they don't go too far out of their way.

Also seems possible that maybe no one's getting back to you because they don't have it stock, so, maybe you should try following up, widening your search to nearby areas or showing up in person.

That's actually pretty good insight, thank you very much. It feels so great to have someone be honest and support you rather than bash you or pretend that everything is fine. I also have some valuable info regarding suicide, where can I post it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lookingforabus
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
I also have some valuable info regarding suicide, where can I post it?

Search around, find an appropriate thread (most of the methods have their own megathread), start your own thread or just chime in as appropriate when new posts get made.

SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
I called a third supplier, and they said that they do rentals only.

It's not like you'll have to deal with them again if you're successful in ctb. Maybe go with this option.

Reactions: outrider567
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Hi.

I am having issues with acquiring Nitrogen gas in the uk. Sent an e-mail to 2 suppliers, no reply after 4 days. Decide to call, the first one says I have to sign up, I ask how you can do it, says I have to come to the store; then I inquire about cylinder size, says I'll have to wait 4 weeks cause its not available rn, then I inquire about smth else, the response was that I'll be e-mailed about it, 2 days after and haven't received any reaponse.

The second supplier didn't answer the phone, even tough I checked the working hours. I called a third supplier, and they said that they do rentals only. It seems like every time I try to work through I get stoped, and need your help on how can I solve this (acquiring cheap nitrogen in the uk). Maybe somebody here has got a spare cylinder that can sell it to me?
Possibly try 'Hobbyweld' website? Hobbyweld is mentioned in FLA (Five Last Acts book). You can find PDF version of FLA in the List of Resources section in the forum. FLA book (on page 184) explains that Hobbyweld is UK-based and is "open to the members of the public and not just companies" (on pg. 184). There's more mention of Hobbyweld in the pages after 184.
Someone in UK asked similar question as you did. You can see the thread here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/questions-about-nitrogen.1431/
The websites mentioned in the thread is https://www.gas-uk.co.uk/nitrogen-ofn-20-litre.html and https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/

Last edited:
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
When I was looking up gas (and I live in the UK) it somewhat looked like I would have to go to a local reseller and pick it up if I was going to be successful. In my head I had the cover story of me and a mate doing some home brewing. If your concerned with getting the cylinder back, just tape a big label on it with 'Return to.....'

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
When I was looking up gas (and I live in the UK) it somewhat looked like I would have to go to a local reseller and pick it up if I was going to be successful. In my head I had the cover story of me and a mate doing some home brewing. If your concerned with getting the cylinder back, just tape a big label on it with 'Return to.....'

Home brewing might be a bad cover story, since that gas is 75% nitrogen, 25% CO2. I'd stick with filling tires on classic or luxury cars (prevents corrosion), which explains getting a small container or some minimal welding work - you could go with something about modern art sculptures if you don't know anything about cars, just make sure you Google the make and model of some welding gear in case there's follow up questions. Don't know how thoroughly they're supposed to vet you in the UK.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Hi.

Might help if you give your location and maybe even who did you try already.

And I can tell you this. The place I finally (and it wasn't easy) bought mine from were VERY suspicious. Before I opened my mouth almost I got "WHY DO YOU WANT IT?" I got it. But they knew...

But I don't really see what the problem is. I can think of maybe 5-6 suppliers and one that is not rental but sale and will deliver with cc payment on phone.

Last edited:
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Home brewing might be a bad cover story, since that gas is 75% nitrogen, 25% CO2. I'd stick with filling tires on classic or luxury cars (prevents corrosion), which explains getting a small container or some minimal welding work - you could go with something about modern art sculptures if you don't know anything about cars, just make sure you Google the make and model of some welding gear in case there's follow up questions. Don't know how thoroughly they're supposed to vet you in the UK
They do supply 99% pure on some sites for brewing and drinks dispensing purposes as well as preserving food that goes into jars. But you are correct that there are a few that have that mixture

W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
Hello there. This is my first post. So I'm going to respond but also ask a question to in case somebody else picks this up. I really can't find the answer to my question having looked online here.

I looked at the wiki resources and it seems quite clear what equipment is needed. It links to gas suppliers called Adams in Margate. They supply by mail order - someone else has put the link in here. They do a 2 L canister. It also says you can buy them from a German supplier which also appears to be a 2L canister.

The Information is very good however I am still left confused by the following.

If you bought the gas from Germany (say) and had it delivered to the U.K., it looks like you would need to by the EU regulator from Max Dog. It says the 2 litre tank is higher pressure (200 bar - what ever that is) with 400litre of compressed nitrogen. It says the EU regulator from Max Dog accommodates the higher pressure.

The tank from Adams is also 2 litre, and 200 bar.... it says the U.K. Max Dog regulator will fit the U.K. cylinders. Fair enough...

But.....what I don't understand is that the U.K. and EU regulators are clearly different, they are different costs for a start. Yet, the Adams tank and the German tank are the same size and pressure. I am just not clear whether the EU one would be needed for the UK tank given that it clearly says that the EU regulator accommodates the higher pressure.

It's very confusing actually. I have emailed sales at Max dog and asked the question but I haven't heard anything back.

I'm not sure I really care about the cost or where it comes from I just want to make sure I know exactly what stuff to consider getting. Would be easier to order from the UK as I don't really understand the German on the German website. Another thing that was confusing was that the German cylinder came as a kit which already comes with a regulator and adjustable flow so I'm not actually sure why you would need to buy the EU regulator from Max Dog as well.

This is the only bit that lets the information down I think because I'm still not clear.

I hope someone else could shed some light on this. If I hear back from Max dog then I will post it.

Reactions: Kam59
H

Howdiditcometothis?

Aug 26, 2022
Hello there. This is my first post. So I'm going to respond but also ask a question to in case somebody else picks this up. I really can't find the answer to my question having looked online here.

I looked at the wiki resources and it seems quite clear what equipment is needed. It links to gas suppliers called Adams in Margate. They supply by mail order - someone else has put the link in here. They do a 2 L canister. It also says you can buy them from a German supplier which also appears to be a 2L canister.

The Information is very good however I am still left confused by the following.

If you bought the gas from Germany (say) and had it delivered to the U.K., it looks like you would need to by the EU regulator from Max Dog. It says the 2 litre tank is higher pressure (200 bar - what ever that is) with 400litre of compressed nitrogen. It says the EU regulator from Max Dog accommodates the higher pressure.

The tank from Adams is also 2 litre, and 200 bar.... it says the U.K. Max Dog regulator will fit the U.K. cylinders. Fair enough...

But.....what I don't understand is that the U.K. and EU regulators are clearly different, they are different costs for a start. Yet, the Adams tank and the German tank are the same size and pressure. I am just not clear whether the EU one would be needed for the UK tank given that it clearly says that the EU regulator accommodates the higher pressure.

It's very confusing actually. I have emailed sales at Max dog and asked the question but I haven't heard anything back.

I'm not sure I really care about the cost or where it comes from I just want to make sure I know exactly what stuff to consider getting. Would be easier to order from the UK as I don't really understand the German on the German website. Another thing that was confusing was that the German cylinder came as a kit which already comes with a regulator and adjustable flow so I'm not actually sure why you would need to buy the EU regulator from Max Dog as well.

This is the only bit that lets the information down I think because I'm still not clear.

I hope someone else could shed some light on this. If I hear back from Max dog then I will post it.
EU and UK cannisters have different valves. @Raum had difficulty getting connectors to fit as the UK use a different valve. Can you pm link to German one please?