BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Just looking for advice/info from my fellow UK buddies.

I remember when I was an early teenager that I filled out some sort of organ donation form and said that [in the event of my death in the future] I'd like to donate an organ or two. Obviously now years have passed and I have no recollection of what I did or didn't tick, and it's something I'd like to look into because why let the rest of me go to waste? (Also my family's religion is against cremation so I'd just be rotting in a box anyway).

Has anyone got any advice of how to amend organ donation records? What it looks like from the Organ Donors FB page is that I'll just have to sign up for a new thing altogether, but I don't know whether asking a GP would raise suspicion.

My 'excuse' could be that a friend of mine died and it got me thinking about the future (not the immediate future, wink wink)...

Anything like writing a will would be a huge red flag, but Organ Donation following the loss of a friend might be more reasonable.

Reactions: lv-gras
Zanexx

Zanexx

Dead
Jul 15, 2018
Anyone can sign up to donate their organs at any time. It's not suspicious. Even if you weren't suicidal, you could just walk outside and get hit by a bus any day.

I signed up for NHS organ donation back in May - said I would donate everything, since I'm planning to be cremated and I won't need them anymore.

I just have no mental energy right now at all, but if you Google "sign up for NHS organ donation" you should be able to find what you're looking for. It only took me ten minutes or so.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger and Tiburcio
Zanexx

Zanexx

Dead
Jul 15, 2018
If you're already on the register, just put your details in again and they should find you and then you can update what you want to give away if necessary. You don't need to have a physical donor card on you since the register exists electronically.

T

T1m3sup

Aug 8, 2018
Just looking for advice/info from my fellow UK buddies.

I remember when I was an early teenager that I filled out some sort of organ donation form and said that [in the event of my death in the future] I'd like to donate an organ or two. Obviously now years have passed and I have no recollection of what I did or didn't tick, and it's something I'd like to look into because why let the rest of me go to waste? (Also my family's religion is against cremation so I'd just be rotting in a box anyway).

Has anyone got any advice of how to amend organ donation records? What it looks like from the Organ Donors FB page is that I'll just have to sign up for a new thing altogether, but I don't know whether asking a GP would raise suspicion.

My 'excuse' could be that a friend of mine died and it got me thinking about the future (not the immediate future, wink wink)...

Anything like writing a will would be a huge red flag, but Organ Donation following the loss of a friend might be more reasonable.
In ireland you can sign up online and they send you a card to keep in your wallet.. but you have to sign the card and so does your next of ken.. if your under pressure for an excuse say you watched the film 7 pounds and wanted to help others in death.. altho at the end will smith commits suicide so maybe don't use that excuse :p