Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
Hello all

I thought about making a thread for us NEETs...You can write about anything from why you are a NEET to how is your day...or make a movie recommendation... :hug:

It is 9:33 and I am already bored...lol...Thinking about doing some online shopping as I have received a bonus to one of these shop...But of course there is a catch you have to buy for at least approx.70 USD...
I drank a coffee and destoyed my chances of getting to sleep again...Yesterday I slept during the day...What a great life and maybe some ppl are enviuos we dont have to work ...lol...:devil:

Reactions: puppy9, salvation, Circles and 9 others
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
I am not a NEET really but I do recommend you watch Dexter :D

Reactions: Circles, Final Escape and Donewith_
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
Ok, I will try...But I have troubles with concetration...sometimes 4 minute clip is too much,,,I have to split it into 3 parts lol.... :devil:

Reactions: Circles, Final Escape, Lavendel and 3 others
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I'm a NEET because I dropped out of high school due to unbearable mental illness but I'm wondering if I can get a job as an artist in the future (if I don't ctb) so there's at least a shadow of hope for me!

Watching WataMote makes me feel more normal and I have yet to see Welcome to the N.H.K. Apparently it's about NEET life (I think) so maybe I'll be able to relate more deeply, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, Final Escape, Safi and 4 others
LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing

I'm a saint, got a date with suicide
May 23, 2019
I'm a NEET because my bipolar depressive episodes prevent me from staying at jobs (because I quit all of them) and I don't see a future for myself, so I have no motivation to find a stable career. I tell everyone I meet that I'm a freelance artist, which is true, I just rarely get gigs, so that they don't think I'm a deadbeat. I'm always bored, so I've been wasting my time making new connections online and watching/reading stuff.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, puppy9, Circles and 6 others
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
Wake up, lay in bed for 2 hours, sit at the PC for 10 hours, go for a night walk, go back to sleep.

Repeat.

• Hugs
Reactions: snorli, kerolox, Circles and 9 others
Mr. Hang Man

Mr. Hang Man

Just hanging around
Mar 11, 2019
I'm a NEET because I dropped out of high school Welcome to the N.H.K. Apparently it's about NEET life (I think) so maybe I'll be able to relate more deeply, haha.
It's a really good anime, I loved it when I watched it. You don't even need to be a NEET to relate with the issues the main character faces, your gonna love welcome to the N.H.K.

Reactions: Circles, Rukia, Dartz and 1 other person
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
I'm a NEET because I dropped out of high school due to unbearable mental illness but I'm wondering if I can get a job as an artist in the future (if I don't ctb) so there's at least a shadow of hope for me!

Watching WataMote makes me feel more normal and I have yet to see Welcome to the N.H.K. Apparently it's about NEET life (I think) so maybe I'll be able to relate more deeply, haha.

Welcome to the NHK is basically my life

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Life+me=error, Mr. Hang Man and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I spend most of my day in bed with the laptop tbh. I watch YouTube a lot of the time. I seem to like predator shows, and shows about obese people or retarded people finding love etc. Like even I think it's pretty weird of me. But I get these suggestions from YT and just keep on watching. I guess it beats the rat race though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, dhk96, not_a_robot and 4 others
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
yo. been a NEET for 10 years now, ever since leaving the 4th grade in 2009. ever since 2017 i've been doing online tests to help finish elementary and high school, but i always google the answers so it's not like i'm really learning anything. i wake up, force myself to eat because otherwise my mom would complain and spend the entire day bored and irritated out of my mind in front of the PC, searching suicide logistics or watching the same videos for the millionth time, comparing myself to others and mentally tearing myself apart down to an atomic level, opening can after can of worms on every subject imaginable and never finding an answer that isn't "i should just kill myself".

even in the NEET "community" i'm an outsider, cause i've never met anyone that's been like this for as long as i have, especially at such a young age. i spent all my childhood before this just dreading every day but still nursing some ridiculous idea that things would just "work out" in the future. this decade of isolation helped dispel that myth a thousand times over. i'm not ready to do anything. even day to day conversations elude me. i doubt i even have the constitution for suicide, despite forcing myself to research and attempt it so much. i wonder if this is my fault? maybe it wasn't at first but now it is. the more time goes by, the less excuses for any of this i have. i need to die before i'm hastily shoved back into society thus losing even more excuses.

i guess even the insane structure of this post should help highlight what kind of person i've become after a full decade of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: eSpJon, puppy9, MiserableBastard1995 and 9 others
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
even in the NEET "community" i'm an outsider, cause i've never met anyone that's been like this for as long as i have

Well, I used to be a NEET for about a decade. So there you go.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Circles, Scribble Fan and 2 others
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
What happened? Not a NEET anymore? Job?

Yeah, eventually ran out of family support and then money reserves after years of a very frugal lifestyle. Had to apply for welfare. Government put me into a kind of rehabilitation program, made me apply for jobs. I ended up getting one right away.

Pretty unspectacular.
i need to die before i'm hastily shoved back into society thus losing even more excuses.

You know, that's what I thought too, but it ended up turning out differently. It might be worth a try to jump in at the deep end.

Granted, I'm now posting here, LOL. But immediately after breaking out of the prison, I had some really nice years where I thought I could still turn everything around. And maybe I could have.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Dartz, Rukia and 1 other person
「 」

「 」

May 31, 2019
on and off NEET, lately my life is just staring at my rooms ceiling because i cant even enjoy watching the drivel i used to watch on youtube and im not big on series/movies. dont enjoy videogames anymore apparently.

just wondering when my social skills will deteriorate irreparably

• Hugs
Reactions: Dartz, Scribble Fan and Rukia
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
I'll have to look up what is a NEET. Here is a movie recommendation.

Reactions: not_a_robot, Dartz and Rukia
Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
Just finished a one-semester course at a community college. Have been a NEET for 10 minutes. On a completely unrelated note, I think I hear a bus coming...

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Nihil, Dartz and 2 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I'm a NEET because of my health which is really the most frustrating. I'm very well educated and was great at what I did, but I can't stop having seizures long enough to do a damn thing. I spend all damn day in bed pretty much watching crime shows and Bob's Burgers on loop. I feel my brain cells dying.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: H2H2, Dartz, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Who gives a fuck if someone is a NEET or not. When was the last time, being a NEET made someone commit mass murder against random people or rape little kids? Only brainwashed fools beat themselves up over such stupid shit... You don't like being a NEET, then look for the worst jobs available and apply. They can't afford to turn away such people. Someone has to do the heavy lifting, work on the farms or clean the toilets. Shit, they'd love to find someone to clean the toilets at every fucking store like Walmart. There's some nasty fucking people out there who don't know how to take a shit properly. You have mental or physical disabilities preventing you from doing that kind of stuff? Then you are not a "NEET" but a disabled person who can't do those things any more than a one legged cat can when it comes to jumping through 100 hoops. Hundreds of years ago, peasants were complaining about having to work too much... Now peasants are complaining about not being able to work or do something else to appease the nobility and the royalty... LOL Why? Because all the idiots in your social circle are shaming you for some stupid reason or they are jealous. And what if you just don't feel like doing back breaking work or cleaning up shit every day? Then that's just called, being normal...

Last edited:
Reactions: snorli, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Dartz and 6 others
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Who gives a fuck if someone is a NEET or not. When was the last time, being a NEET made someone commit mass murder against random people or rape little kids? Only brainwashed fools beat themselves up over such stupid shit... You don't like being a NEET, then look for the worst jobs available and apply. They can't afford to turn away such people. Someone has to do the heavy lifting, work on the farms or clean the toilets. Shit, they'd love to find someone to clean the toilets at every fucking store like Walmart. There's some nasty fucking people out there who don't know how to take a shit properly. You have mental or physical disabilities preventing you from doing that kind of stuff? Then you are not a "NEET" but a disabled person who can't do those things any more than a one legged cat can when it comes to jumping through 100 hoops. Hundreds of years ago, peasants were complaining about having to work too much... Now peasants are complaining about not being able to work or do something else to appease the nobility and the royalty... LOL Why? Because all the idiots in your social circle are shaming you for some stupid reason or they are jealous.

Yep.... I'd rather give society the middle finger by being a NEET than die a slave.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Dartz, saw_him and 4 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yep.... I'd rather give society the middle finger by being a NEET than die a slave.

I'm just trying to say, people need to chillax when it comes to demonizing themselves and others over essentially nothing except not being productive... Ask any kid in this world, when he or she is 5. What do you want to do when you grow up? Well you wont hear anything about shoveling shit... Most kids have common sense before they become brainwashed to insanity. And most people aren't born to be so skilled and gifted, they can just get a good job anywhere and anytime by simply applying, make a lot of money etc... There's no magical job waiting for you in the magical place called Job Land. A lot of people in this world with good jobs had to suck a lot of dick to get one.
Do people seriously thinking learning about shit you have no interest in and paying a lot of money to do so and/or working a horrible job is fun? People CTB all the time because they are in such situations. Do they think, people are going to pat them on the back everyday and in one or two years, they will be promoted to a high position or be offered a job, building robots for the first mission on Mars with astronauts and colonists? One day, most of the people here will dream about being a "NEET."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Dartz, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I wasn't being sarcastic btw @Severen , i was merely doubling-down on your statement, i apologize if i sounded dismissive. I sometimes forget that tonality cannot be well expressed in text.

Reactions: Dartz and not_a_robot
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I wasn't being sarcastic btw @Severen , i was merely doubling-down on your statement, i apologize if i sounded dismissive. I sometimes forget that tonality cannot be well expressed in text.
Nah, your statement simply showed a warrior's spirit.

Reactions: Dartz and Orin
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Became NEET a year ago. Found out I had the means to do so all along, after 15 yrs of living hell. So that was painful.
Being NEET felt like an improvement up until two months ago, I found out how far people in the social service sector will go to try to fuck me over because I "seem too smart to be disabled". Very very far, is how far. They were too stupid to scheme successfully, but it upset me enough that I am leaving a city I love to get away from them.
Being NEET was great til I found all this out though. I'm in a city I love with a beautiful riverfront and a world-class library. It would have been a wonderful place to stay for a few more years.
I am NEET for several reasons. I applied for mental health disability due to the stress of living with a disease that no one believes I have and doctors refuse to treat because I am "so unpleasant" to deal with. Was granted mental health disability but draw no money from it because I was eligible for other financial help all along. Social service vultures keep trying to have me declared mentally incompetent because they think I am secretly rich and they can steal my money if I'm "incompetent". The joke is on them, I have no secret money, just good taste. And those stupid bitches can't even spell "incompetent". But other peoples' constant attempts to instigate drama with me are exhausting. Jealousy is an ugly thing. I won't accept any help from Social Services ever again.
Here is a quick rundown of what happens to NEETs in the US if Social Service vultures think you have anything worth stealing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Thatdude, Dartz, MiserableBastard1995 and 3 others
Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
I'm not technically a NEET because I'm studying, but the thing is I'm at the eighth year of a six-year program, and not close to finishing, so I live like a NEET for some years now. There is a good chance I will be kicked out from university soon, too. Still, I can't make myself study and I hate myself for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Grey-zone, Dartz, dhk96 and 3 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I'm not a NEET yet, but I'm likely to become one once college ends a year from now. Hell, I've spent my college years wasting my time and getting shitty grades. I know I can do better, but it's impossible to summon the energy and willpower to get my ass to tests.

• Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Dartz, not_a_robot and 1 other person
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I've been a NEET since college graduation 24 years ago. Just try beating my stunning record.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, dreamsofdestruction, Scribble Fan and 6 others
dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018
I'm not a NEET yet, but I'm likely to become one once college ends a year from now. Hell, I've spent my college years wasting my time and getting shitty grades. I know I can do better, but it's impossible to summon the energy and willpower to get my ass to tests.

Best of luck to you on graduating. Having a degree probably helps wonders, even if the job isn't amazing. I quit college even though it should have been my last semester this year because I couldn't handle faking anything anymore. Just stayed in my dorm bed all day crying, eating, browsing Youtube/Reddit, sleeping, or listening to dark music.

I'm currently a NEET but afraid that my parents will send me back to finish school in a year. Or that after a few more months of "allowing" me to drown in misery in my room, they'll expect me to start applying for jobs. I don't even want to imagine interviews...

• Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Dartz and RM5998
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Best of luck to you on graduating. Having a degree probably helps wonders, even if the job isn't amazing. I quit college even though it should have been my last semester this year because I couldn't handle faking anything anymore. Just stayed in my dorm bed all day crying, eating, browsing Youtube/Reddit, sleeping, or listening to dark music.

I'm currently a NEET but afraid that my parents will send me back to finish school in a year. Or that after a few more months of "allowing" me to drown in misery in my room, they'll expect me to start applying for jobs. I don't even want to imagine interviews...
I'm just thinking of the interview questions... Jeez, my answers are looking dangerously like a caricature of a failed student I wrote and played in a short film in my second year.

"So, make a DP algorithm for solving this problem." "Um..." "Okay... We'll get back to you."

Reactions: dhk96
dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018
I'm just thinking of the interview questions... Jeez, my answers are looking dangerously like a caricature of a failed student I wrote and played in a short film in my second year.

"So, make a DP algorithm for solving this problem." "Um..." "Okay... We'll get back to you."

Yeah. Even the common questions are scary when lying is hard.

"Can you tell me a little about yourself?"
--I don't want to be here. Please kill me.

"Uh, okay. Then why should we hire you?"
--God, you really shouldn't and wouldn't if you knew any better.

"...What's one of your strengths?"
--Does avoiding everything count?

"How about a weakness?"
--I'm a weakness.

"And how do you deal with conflict and pres--"
--I don't.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
--In what?

"When have you exercised leadership?"
--Baaaaa (sheep noises). What's that?

"Get out."

• Hugs