• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

black.dahlia

black.dahlia

Jul 9, 2023
hello, im still pretty new here, but i made an account to ask for some advice i couldnt ask anywhere else.
i cut as a sh method, its not to kill me or anything, all my cuts and scars are on my shoulder. i recently got a new blade because my old one got dull and it took a lot more effort to break the skin than normal.
well heres where i need some advice (and comfort, lol). yesterday i had a really bad breakdown over issues that are pretty personal to me, and on instinct i took my blade out and cut my shoulder as deep as i could (partly because i was having a meltdown and partly because i was so used to the dull blade). well, it bled a lot more than im used to and i think i broke a couple layers of skin.
will this cut be okay? will it get infected? i dont know how to clean my cuts, i never cut deep enough to ever go "i should keep an eye on this" yk? will this scar be on me forever? im scared of people knowing i do this.
i know a lot of people here do worse things to themselves and this is pretty trivial, but im prone to worry.

saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
welcome to the forums

u should put isopropyl / rubbing alcohol on the site of the cut after washing with soap and water gently, make sure it's "sealed" close together and put a bandage if it's warranted. keep an eye on it over next days if it gets an irritated redness around it apply alcohol again and keep it clean, should heal OK. whether it scars or not up to your body and size. don't pick at the scabs it increases scarring.

Reactions: carmechanicer_keke
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Keep it clean and covered. Antiseptic oinment helps (with additional panthenol preferably cause that's generally good for wounds). You can take a low dose of ibuprofen 3 times a day for a few days cause that is anti-inflammatory. Once it is closed and has scarred get silicone patches. There are big ones for c-sectian scars that can be cut to size.

Generally there are 4 levels of cuts
Epidermal- surface layer- can scar, might not
Styro- you hit white- will probably scar, tend to fade over time
Beans- you hit yellow (fat tissue)- defo scar
fascia/muscle- even deeper- ER time

Never went past styro though.
I know how scary getting found out can be. For now try and focus on healing it and if you are lucky you can get away with this!
Oh and avoid the sun on the scar or else it will get darker.

Reactions: carmechanicer_keke
black.dahlia

black.dahlia

Jul 9, 2023
welcome to the forums

u should put isopropyl / rubbing alcohol on the site of the cut after washing with soap and water gently, make sure it's "sealed" close together and put a bandage if it's warranted. keep an eye on it over next days if it gets an irritated redness around it apply alcohol again and keep it clean, should heal OK. whether it scars or not up to your body and size. don't pick at the scabs it increases scarring.
thank you. it was bleeding so much yesterday it used up all my spare paper towels(i keep them with me in case i cut somewhere with nothing around to clean it with) and i slapped 2 bandaids on it because blood was spilling out of the first. ill clean it when i get the courage to take off the bandages lol. i cut kinda close to where my bone was and it made a horrible sound against it, makes me cringe when i think about it.
Keep it clean and covered. Antiseptic oinment helps (with additional panthenol preferably cause that's generally good for wounds). You can take a low dose of ibuprofen 3 times a day for a few days cause that is anti-inflammatory. Once it is closed and has scarred get silicone patches. There are big ones for c-sectian scars that can be cut to size.

Generally there are 4 levels of cuts
Epidermal- surface layer- can scar, might not
Styro- you hit white- will probably scar, tend to fade over time
Beans- you hit yellow (fat tissue)- defo scar
fascia/muscle- even deeper- ER time

Never went past styro though.
I know how scary getting found out can be. For now try and focus on healing it and if you are lucky you can get away with this!
Oh and avoid the sun on the scar or else it will get darker.
i either hit white or yellow, but prob white. i know its not horrible but i wasnt prepared for something that deep💀 thank you for helping me, i appreciate it:)

RedIris

RedIris

Feb 23, 2023
The user busybee told correct things about the layers of skin.
I never go pass shallow beans but have been in self harm side of internet for years - saw people heal spraying artheries somehow at home so you dont have to worry as long as your cut doesnt get infected. If you used a clean/desinfected blade you will be okay. Keep it covered for few days but please change your bandage at least once a day and desinfect the wound if you wanna be extra safe.

Reactions: black.dahlia
getfree05

getfree05

Jul 3, 2023
I think u should see a doctor and pretend it was an accident

black.dahlia

black.dahlia

Jul 9, 2023
I think u should see a doctor and pretend it was an accident
that does sound good on paper, but my shoulder/upper arm is absolutely full of cut scars. theyre all pretty light, but noticeable nonetheless. i feel like id be caught no matter what lie i come up with

getfree05

getfree05

Jul 3, 2023
that does sound good on paper, but my shoulder/upper arm is absolutely full of cut scars. theyre all pretty light, but noticeable nonetheless. i feel like id be caught no matter what lie i come up with
Well you might end up with a pretty bad infection if it needed stitches even if u clean it up everyday , and what's the worst that can happen if they knew it's none of their business

skylarwhiteyo104781

skylarwhiteyo104781

opium opium
Feb 16, 2023
well, it bled a lot more than im used to and i think i broke a couple layers of skin.
will this cut be okay? will it get infected? i dont know how to clean my cuts, i never cut deep enough to ever go "i should keep an eye on this" yk? will this scar be on me forever? im scared of people knowing i do this.
hey- same thing happened to me. it eventually does heal. takes a while and there will be a scab for a few weeks which will turn into a scar. i recommend to keep it covered with a bandaid and regularly disinfect if you can.

i still have a scar of the cut and although it's clearly visible, i pass it off as saying i burned my self with hot oil.

Reactions: black.dahlia
spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
if its still bleeding put a gauze on it and keep it down with pressure
ideally you'd get a bandage n cover the wound and replace it eveyrnfucking twelve or so hours and keep it clean alcohol can irritate wounds like these so id suggest doing it gently
if u dont have anything and cant get anything just clean it up with water every few hours but not scalding water bcz that cann halt the healing and make scabs falloff
watch out for a lot of pus or a foul odor if that happens its most;likely infected

saintbunny

saintbunny

unlucky devil
Jul 10, 2023
if it's not deep enough to require professional medical attention, just keep it clean, bandaged, and use steri-strips. i don't have much experience with these myself, but i'm often told that steri-strips are good for reducing the size of the inevitable scar on a bad cut. it's good to remember what each layer of skin looks like and how to treat a cut to that specific depth, though. like if you've hit styro, i would be careful using things like napkins or paper towels to stop the bleeding since the small fibers can get in the cut and cause issues, etc.
and no amount of sh is trivial. speaking as someone who has harmed for a long time, it's pretty easy to think that your sh is nothing serious or not worth worrying about. we get used to our own habits, and seem to forget the hard facts: you are causing physical harm to your body. i'm not here to tell you to stop and just think positive because lord knows i'm sick of hearing that myself, but i will say that you're still hurting and that hurting deserves to be acknowledged and seen for what it really is. i hope you've been healing up okay

black.dahlia

black.dahlia

Jul 9, 2023
if it's not deep enough to require professional medical attention, just keep it clean, bandaged, and use steri-strips. i don't have much experience with these myself, but i'm often told that steri-strips are good for reducing the size of the inevitable scar on a bad cut. it's good to remember what each layer of skin looks like and how to treat a cut to that specific depth, though. like if you've hit styro, i would be careful using things like napkins or paper towels to stop the bleeding since the small fibers can get in the cut and cause issues, etc.
and no amount of sh is trivial. speaking as someone who has harmed for a long time, it's pretty easy to think that your sh is nothing serious or not worth worrying about. we get used to our own habits, and seem to forget the hard facts: you are causing physical harm to your body. i'm not here to tell you to stop and just think positive because lord knows i'm sick of hearing that myself, but i will say that you're still hurting and that hurting deserves to be acknowledged and seen for what it really is. i hope you've been healing up okay
the last paragraph is so sweet thank you😭 its been healing fine, but i will have to be out in the sun in a couple days (im going to the beach, the worst possible thing for me to go to right now) so im thinking of putting waterproof foundation on my upper arm to make it blend in more

• Hugs
Reactions: saintbunny
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Get some gauzepads, pack the wound with them, disinfect it, & place a bandage over the packed wound.