• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

howtodisappearr

Mar 30, 2022
Getting a nitrogen cylinder in my situation seems impossible does anyone have any advice or can anyone help??

So for some background I've been researching methods and wanting to ctb for many years now but I've only attempted once with the night night method because there doesn't seem to be a perfect method and I was always pretty limited due to my living situation. I know SN is popular but I have a history of pretty bad nausea and throwing up so I really doubt that method would work for me + I'm just wary of overdosing methods in general because I know they have a reputation for having a low success rate.

I was almost losing hope of finding a method I could actually go through with, until I found out about the nitrogen method. Quick and painless, and I could do it in the comfort of my own apartment (my new living situation as of september). I have roommates but often they are either a) not home or b) don't really check up on me (plus one of them wears headphones 24/7 and blasts music so even if I'm yelling at the top of my lungs she can't hear me). Nitrogen also seemed great because you don't really need a prescription and you can order it off the clear net.

Now for the problem:
I don't have access to a car, or a drivers license. Where I live (Ontario, Canada) all the gas cylinder companies either only ship empty cylinders, or you have to drive to one of their warehouses to pickup a filled cylinder. I did find one company that does local delivery for filled cylinders but my city isn't in the delivery range. It's also a brewing company selling "high purity food grade" nitrogen and doesn't list the actual purity of the nitrogen so I'm not sure that it would be high enough purity anyways.

Please please reply if you have any information that could be helpful, any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Also before anyone asks, I am 19 and I don't have my drivers license because I did not have any who was able to teach me how to drive in high school and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford a car until at least 22/when I graduated university anyways so it wasn't my top priority.
Also:

I do have another method in mind if this one is just not possible. I would rather not go that way because while I know it's pretty much guaranteed to work I also think it could be painful and there is a chance self preservation instincts could kick in which would be a very big problem.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pluto00
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
Getting a nitrogen cylinder in my situation seems impossible does anyone have any advice or can anyone help??

So for some background I've been researching methods and wanting to ctb for many years now but I've only attempted once with the night night method because there doesn't seem to be a perfect method and I was always pretty limited due to my living situation. I know SN is popular but I have a history of pretty bad nausea and throwing up so I really doubt that method would work for me + I'm just wary of overdosing methods in general because I know they have a reputation for having a low success rate.

I was almost losing hope of finding a method I could actually go through with, until I found out about the nitrogen method. Quick and painless, and I could do it in the comfort of my own apartment (my new living situation as of september). I have roommates but often they are either a) not home or b) don't really check up on me (plus one of them wears headphones 24/7 and blasts music so even if I'm yelling at the top of my lungs she can't hear me). Nitrogen also seemed great because you don't really need a prescription and you can order it off the clear net.

Now for the problem:
I don't have access to a car, or a drivers license. Where I live (Ontario, Canada) all the gas cylinder companies either only ship empty cylinders, or you have to drive to one of their warehouses to pickup a filled cylinder. I did find one company that does local delivery for filled cylinders but my city isn't in the delivery range. It's also a brewing company selling "high purity food grade" nitrogen and doesn't list the actual purity of the nitrogen so I'm not sure that it would be high enough purity anyways.

Please please reply if you have any information that could be helpful, any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Also before anyone asks, I am 19 and I don't have my drivers license because I did not have any who was able to teach me how to drive in high school and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford a car until at least 22/when I graduated university anyways so it wasn't my top priority.
Also:

I do have another method in mind if this one is just not possible. I would rather not go that way because while I know it's pretty much guaranteed to work I also think it could be painful and there is a chance self preservation instincts could kick in which would be a very big problem.

I normally don't comment on another person's desire to ctb, but when I saw that you're only 19 I was going to question your decision to ctb at such a young age, but I saw your post on this other thread, so I won't ask you about attempts to get help etc.

As regards the nitrogen, I'm not from the U.S. but some people from there recently said that they couldn't get nitrogen delivered there, but could get an argon cylinder delivered there. Have you checked if that's the case in Canada, as argon is fine to use?

If not, then is a taxi too expensive to use for collection.? You could put it into some kind of large bag/bin bag. Maybe tell the taxi it's for brewing beer or whatever (put it upright in the back seat footwell if you do).
I have a 9 litre/~43 cu/ft one, It's slightly heavy, but it would fit inside a large black bin bag if you wanted to keep it hidden from people's view. A slightly smaller cylinder (say 5 litre) would also be enough, and be easier to put in a bag.

But like I said, you're still fairly young to ctb, but good luck with whatever you decide to do . ( and I honestly don't wish to sound condescending towards you. ).

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Can you buy nitrogen USA? What is this method? I'm in USA too and really bad chronic pain at 36 and I was beat by my family very badly left bedridden.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Can you buy nitrogen USA? What is this method? I'm in USA too and really bad chronic pain at 36 and I was beat by my family very badly left bedridden.
Yes, but people on the inert gas megathread said they couldn't get it delivered, collection only. But they were able to get argon delivered, which can also be used.

See the inert gas megathread:

T

The Ninth God

Feb 8, 2024
I know SN is popular but I have a history of pretty bad nausea and throwing up so I really doubt that method would work for me + I'm just wary of overdosing methods in general because I know they have a reputation for having a low success rate.
The problem is not the low success rate, because there are substances that have over 90% mortality rate, the problem is that those substances are very difficult to get legally, entirely illegal or the method is extremely painful. I know several plants, mushrooms and alike, they are found easily and don't have antidotes available, so once you get a lethal dose is over, but you'll die in excruciating pain and some takes days to kill you. I don't think anyone wants to be tortured for over 24/48h straight before dying.

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Yes, but people on the inert gas megathread said they couldn't get it delivered, collection only. But they were able to get argon delivered, which can also be used.

See the inert gas megathread:

Is nitrogen, the same as helium? I see that helium is very difficult to get delivered. That is 99% pure to USA. How about nitrogen is something like this that I found on Amazon sufficient I looked at the thread and I don't understand the mask part, would you put it in your mouth? Or put on the mask and breathe in

Attachments

• IMG_4901.png
    IMG_4901.png
    849.8 KB · Views: 0
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Is nitrogen, the same as helium? I see that helium is very difficult to get delivered. That is 99% pure to USA. How about nitrogen is something like this that I found on Amazon sufficient I looked at the thread and I don't understand the mask part, would you put it in your mouth? Or put on the mask and breathe in
You can use either nitrogen, helium, or argon.

Make sure that cylinder is full.
Sometimes Amazon sell empty cylinders, for the purchaser to bring to an vendor to get filled. Check the item description. If it says "ships empty", then there's no nitrogen in it.

You can use either an exit bag, a hood, or a SCUBA or SCBA mask.

Reactions: reborn87
R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
What
You can use either nitrogen, helium, or argon.

Make sure that cylinder is full.
Sometimes Amazon sell empty cylinders, for the purchaser to bring to an vendor to get filled. Check the item description. If it says "ships empty", then there's no nitrogen in it.

You can use either an exit bag, a hood, or a SCUBA or SCBA mask.
what kind of vendor can I use or how do I search them to get a nitrogen tank filled? Thank you.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
What

what kind of vendor can I use or how do I search them to get a nitrogen tank filled? Thank you.
People in the U.S. usually used Airgas to collect nitrogen cylinders.
For argon, people have gotten them delivered from the site you mentioned.
The Peaceful Pill handbook mentions a different argon source that also delivers.
Screenshot 20240209 164242

J

joeschmo

Feb 25, 2024
People in the U.S. usually used Airgas to collect nitrogen cylinders.
For argon, people have gotten them delivered from the site you mentioned.
The Peaceful Pill handbook mentions a different argon source that also delivers.
View attachment 128472
Hey buddy 👋.
Found you here as well. Was looking for alternatives to buying gas tank and your post here is very informative. That website really does sell Argon full tanks and delivers them. It saves me the hassle of coming up with a story for in-person purchase.
But since it's argon now instead of nitrogen, does that change in any way the equipment type that I need to buy? Remember that I already found the SCBA mask and LDV setup with the straps setup, and also the air-to-nitrogen adapter (which I assume also works with a argon tank so long as the tank is also a CGA 580).

Or is there something I should change for the argon cylinder?

EDIT:
I was looking at the 40 cubic foot full argon cylinder. Website description doesn't say how many psi is in it. How would I know if 40 cubic foot is enough and whether or not it is the appropriate one for the 2216 psi low pressure LDV that I want to get?

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Hey buddy 👋.
Found you here as well. Was looking for alternatives to buying gas tank and your post here is very informative. That website really does sell Argon full tanks and delivers them. It saves me the hassle of coming up with a story for in-person purchase.
But since it's argon now instead of nitrogen, does that change in any way the equipment type that I need to buy? Remember that I already found the SCBA mask and LDV setup with the straps setup, and also the air-to-nitrogen adapter (which I assume also works with a argon tank so long as the tank is also a CGA 580).
👍
Argon has been used by someone previously on this site to ctb with SCBA setup, and others said it's fine to use with SCBA.
@GasMonkey said that because SCBA is designed to be used with air(which contains about 78% nitrogen), nitrogen is best. But if helium or argon are used, it might be worth testing with the equipment before use.
SCBA/argon user:

Screenshot 20240303 110024
If you have thought about using Helium with SCBA gear, I'm not sure if it would perform well with it, since that equipment is designed for Air (which has almost the same weight as Nitrogen, so it is compatible with it) and Helium is much lighter than Air, you would have to test it to see what happens.
188729 Screenshot 20240220 112643

EDIT:
I was looking at the 40 cubic foot full argon cylinder. Website description doesn't say how many psi is in it. How would I know if 40 cubic foot is enough
There are online converters for converting cubic foot to litres:

40 cu/ft is around 1132 litres. Plenty enough.
@TiredHorse who started the inert gas megathread said minimum 600 litres was required. Others say to aim for 1000+litres

and whether or not it is the appropriate one for the 2216 psi low pressure LDV that I want to get?
The 2216 regulators are designed for max 150 bar/2216 air pressure.
Most 40cu/ft cylinders are filled to standard 2,015 psi/~138bar.
Look for the sellers name on that website you mention. If you find their own website, you should get the actual cylinder pressure:
Screenshot 20240303 140254

If collecting a nitrogen cylinder, they may not ask what you need it for. Some have said beer brewing or welding. Here's one girls experience of collecting a nitrogen cylinder:

J

joeschmo

Feb 25, 2024
👍
Argon has been used by someone previously on this site to ctb with SCBA setup, and others said it's fine to use with SCBA.
@GasMonkey said that because SCBA is designed to be used with air(which contains about 78% nitrogen), nitrogen is best. But if helium or argon are used, it might be worth testing with the equipment before use.
SCBA/argon user:

View attachment 130791

View attachment 130792

There are online converters for converting cubic foot to litres:

40 cu/ft is around 1132 litres. Plenty enough.
@TiredHorse who started the inert gas megathread said minimum 600 litres was required. Others say to aim for 1000+litres

The 2216 regulators are designed for max 150 bar/2216 air pressure.
Most 40cu/ft cylinders are filled to standard 2,015 psi/~138bar.
Look for the sellers name on that website you mention. If you find their own website, you should get the actual cylinder pressure:
View attachment 130793

If collecting a nitrogen cylinder, they may not ask what you need it for. Some have said beer brewing or welding. Here's one girls experience of collecting a nitrogen cylinder:

"@GasMonkey said that because SCBA is designed to be used with air(which contains about 78% nitrogen), nitrogen is best."

That is a very good point. I guess I'll try my luck in person, and if it doesn't work (at multiple locations), then I buy argon online.

Thanks for all the info 🙏

Reactions: Tears in Rain