• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
What if she is a he?
Honestly I would just be sad that someone felt they had to pretend to be someone else and get on a suicide forum to try to form some sick, fake connection with somebody. But its all good, doesn't even matter. I shut it down and am going to be a lot more careful in the future. Nothing happened, its no big deal. And I'd like to continue that trend for the short time I've got left here =)

Reactions: Huntfish34, Emily_Numb and Lorntroubles
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Honestly I would just be sad that someone felt they had to pretend to be someone else and get on a suicide forum to try to form some sick, fake connection with somebody. But its all good, doesn't even matter. I shut it down and am going to be a lot more careful in the future. Nothing happened, its no big deal. And I'd like to continue that trend for the short time I've got left here =)
It's true that it's pretty sad they have to try and manipulate someone in a vulnerable position in order to have a connection with somebody. I don't like the idea that there are so many psychos out there preying on people like this and unfortunately people fall for it too.

Reactions: Huntfish34, Lorntroubles, checkouttime and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It does seem odd that the location 'she' gave was so close to yours (an hour and a half away? What are the chances of that given the size of the US? Could be a coincidence of course..)

I think it's pretty difficult to access someone's ip from discord unless you have some high-level hacking skills to get through the firewalls, so chances are they didn't locate your address.

But anyway, I think you did the right thing.
No point taking any risk.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and falloutcarter13
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
At least one person in this world loved you enough to stalk you :heart: @falloutcarter13

/S

:))

iu

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Huntfish34, Lorntroubles and 5 others
Mistry420

Mistry420

I don’t even like rollercoasters
Feb 11, 2020
First thing to say, I have never posted in the partner's thread, intimated that I want one, or even believe I'd take someone up on it even if they were an amazing person and wanted to ctb as bad as I do.

I've given out my discord info for chat to a few members on this site. I have absolutely no personal info on either account. Never given out my phone number or said where I lived. This person I've been talking to for a few days now just brought up the possibility of meeting up to ctb. She told me exactly where she lives, which is an hour and a half away from me. Like I said, I've never given out my location, so it was a tingle-warning when she said she lived so close to me. The alarm bells really started ringing later...I never even dropped a hint that she might be anywhere near me, but she kept saying things like she knew where I am, that I'm close to where she says she's from. She slipped up and said "we're close enough to make it happen, if you wanted to." I asked "how do you know? I never said where I was?" She went silent for a full five min before finally replying "Well I just meant relatively close. We're both in the US."

Do I have some psycho pro-lifer tracking my IP and trying to "save" me? Or am I going to be kidnapped and put in a buttrape dungeon? This is really fucking with my head now. She seems genuine and I normally have a pretty good bullshit radar, but I'm feeling like I got played...but if I'm just being paranoid, I don't wanna blockban someone who's really suicidal and needs support.
...nobody's got any advice for me about this? No thoughts? I'm just leaving this girl (or 76yo retired mailman) hanging while I try to decide if they're a legit person or a serial assraper.
Tbh don't trust it, might be some psycho killer who wants to prey on someone who is suicidal - fuck that- I've spoken to people from here seperately n they're never pushy like that big old Red Flag - I know u wanna go but better off alone or talking to all of us than taking risks x

It's all in behaviour patterns , why do they keep mentioning doing it together ? U don't egg people on ; you respect their choices - I'm not saying the person is tapped or whatever but I've experienced enough fuckery in the world n seen enough true crime stories to know - HELlLlll NaAaaWwwwwww

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nepeta, Huntfish34, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I'm disappointed that some are ascribing nefarious motives to another member or even conjecturing the possibility of such where there's no evidence of it.

It's almost certain that this person knows that they've been ridiculed, lied to, betrayed and had their motives questioned. The communication was private and no valid reason is given for.publicising it. Even I they aren't named they'll have these feelings.

Why publically shame them (maybe not the intent but certainly the effect) when this could have been easily handled privately and they haven't done anything untoward?

Couldn't a more sympathetic way be found to end this? After all they are suicidal.

For greater safety, anonymous conversations should be kept on the forum.
I made the post legitimately requesting advice from other members here. As you said, the user is completely anonymous to everyone here, so I don't know where you're getting shaming as a possible intention of mine.

If you don't understand why I was suspicious of a user claiming to live 75 miles away from me in a country of over 3.8 million square miles, when I'd never dropped any hint as to my possible location, you're a lot more trusting than I am. You're getting onto me for assuming they weren't sincere, while assuming they *were* sincere yourself. I took an effort to solicit advice to protect myself, but you're intimating that I did a bad thing and taking the side of this totally anonymous user who you know nothing about, and tbh *that* feels sketchy to me. Maybe I'm paranoid and you're totally right, but I didn't do any harm by making this post.

Reactions: autumnal, Lorntroubles, Soul and 2 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I'm disappointed that some are ascribing nefarious motives to another member or even conjecturing the possibility of such where there's no evidence of it.

It's almost certain that this person knows that they've been ridiculed, lied to, betrayed and had their motives questioned. The communication was private and no valid reason is given for.publicising it. Even if they aren't named they'll have these feelings.

Why publically shame them (maybe not the intent but certainly the effect) when this could have been easily handled privately and they haven't done anything untoward?

Couldn't a more sympathetic way be found to end this? After all they are suicidal.

I'm not sure who you're referring to but I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I was making a more general statement about the potential predators on this site.

Reactions: Lorntroubles and Neville1
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I know this is a special kind of forum and we all have to try and be sensitive and careful and considerate of others. But should we have to feel that we're walking on eggshells every time we make a thread or post something? Or should we all just start self-censoring and remain silent unless we are sure that no one else will be remotely offended or upset by interpreting what we say unfavorably?

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, autumnal and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I know this is a special kind of forum and we all have to try and be sensitive and careful and considerate of others. But should we have to feel that we're walking on eggshells every time we make a thread or post something? Or should we all just start self-censoring and remain silent unless we are sure that no one else will be remotely offended or upset by interpreting what we say unfavorably?
Seems to be the way things are trending today, tbh...

I could understand some outrage if I'd named the user or dropped a single hint as to who they might be. But I just don't understand getting all up in arms about this, given the fact that I completely respected and protected their privacy. :nomouth:

Reactions: autumnal, Lorntroubles and esse_est_percipi
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020

The kindergarten teacher (i.e., peacemaker) in me is speaking. I take little to no responisbility for her :wink:

Everything has been anonymous and the original point was that *at times* *a member or two* has made remarks that *were* unsympathetic. Making an anonymous PSA, so to speak, addressed that without flameshaming (or whatever that new-to-me term is). @falloutcarter13 I'm not trying to speak for you or anyone. This is just my third-person takeaway...

Reactions: Huntfish34 and falloutcarter13