prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
Not a top 10 listicle but I see some definite benefits:

money saving-you won't spend any more of it and they can't collect any from you

Don't need to watch what you eat anymore-never feel hungry or worry about food for any reason again

No sleep problems-not a single further sleepless night ever again

Advertising-they can't get your attention no matter how hard they try. If they do find a way to advertise to ghosts they will, though.

Bureaucracy-none of it can touch you once you're gone

Jobs and promotions-just stop worrying about the rat race, someone else's problem now

Love-any pesky problems with it won't affect you

I really can't think of any problem it doesn't solve for the individual affected. All the problems become someone else and the person who is dead won't have to worry about that.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: wren-briar, ihateearth, SoulWhisperer and 10 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, I wish for non-existence as it means I cannot suffer anymore, this existence will no longer be my problem and it would solve everything for me. Personally I'd be relieved to never exist again, existing truly is so undesirable to me. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: wren-briar and Tonkpils
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
You don't have to kill yourself in order to avoid the mentioned disadvantages. You only have to become an outlaw. Especially if you don't fear death this is easy.

Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
There are no diseases and pathogens in death, I hate and fear these things a lot

Reactions: wren-briar and Kawaii_Shoujo215
C

ctbusser

Sep 10, 2024
You surely escape the problems of this existence, but there are no guarantees that you won't get another one with even more problems. That's what stops me from ctb at the moment

Reactions: LifeQuitter
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
It reminded of a silly game quote: (Disclaimer: The quote was in a jokingly non-serious/sarcastic context)

"It doesn't matter how much you eat, you'll always end up hungry. It doesn't matter how much you sleep, you'll always end up tired. It's an endless cycle of suffering. And the only way to break it is death. So if death is good and the opposite of good is bad, is life bad? I wonder if anyone has that figured out."

Such a silly game

Reactions: wren-briar, shadow999 and divinemistress36
prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
Don't think as a pain collecting set of nerve covered organs scraping to survive with a memory designed to process remorse and bad feelings until you reach the inevitable doom of nothingness.

Sorry that's the opposite of cognitive therapy isn't it?

Reactions: ctbusser