BigG91

BigG91

I'd rather be homeless with good health.
Aug 21, 2021
What I didn't include in my pros & cons is my traumatizing experiences with the paranormal. I do believe that evil spirits exist, so it's hard for me to convince myself that there is just peace on the other side. I understand how someone can feel overwhelmed by their suffering and make the choice to CBT, but I still feel scared for them. So if a person wants to CBT over something that seems very temporary, and can probably be changed, it's even harder for me to watch them make a decision that they could very well regret. Also, some people have children or people that truly love them that may have their entire lives devastated. I already could tell that a lot of people on this site do not want others to bring hope to the ones who have made the CBT decision, so I have mostly held my tongue, but I did try to bring hope to about 2 people. Based on the feedback from this post, I won't do it anymore. For you to say to me "So you want to stop people from CTB who have small reasons?" is very weird to me, but I won't elaborate. If I made a post about CBTing, and someone tried to bring me hope in a non attacking way, I wouldn't be mad at them, or think they are doing something wrong, I would just respectfully disagree if I choose to. The hypocrisy of people and the unnecessary anger is very strange. I could express myself more on this matter, but I won't. This has killed my desire to freely express myself on a SUICIDE FORUM as a SUICIDAL PERSON. At least I was brave enough to share my personal thoughts, good & bad about this site, and open the floor for feedback, and discussion.
I'm sorry you feel this way. But that's why this site is different from Facebook Groups or other forums.

• Informative
Reactions: Why Me?
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I totally understand what you are saying. We are all individuals that are going to have different opinions on what we consider "small." Suffering is not a competition. It's just the fact that people have a problem with me wanting to bring hope, even in a non attacking way, because of my personal opinion on suicide, when this is a suicide forum. But like I said, now that I see what this site is all about, lesson learned. Thank you for feedback.

It's best for me to stay out of this, but I will say that while many people disagreed with you on some of the points you mentioned, I genuinely applaud you for posting something contrary to the status quo. I don't know you at all, but I have a reverence for all people - especially older folk - and it'd be quite unfortunate to feel that your voice is unwelcomed in a place made for people like you and I.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Sister of the Moon and Why Me?
W

Why Me?

Experienced
Apr 5, 2022
It's best for me to stay out of this, but I will say that while many people disagreed with you on some of the points you mentioned, I genuinely applaud you for posting something contrary to the status quo. I don't know you at all, but I have a reverence for all people - especially older folk - and it'd be quite unfortunate to feel that your voice is unwelcomed in a place made for people like you and I.
I appreciate all the feedback I received, I don't mind being challenged, or disagreed with. It makes my day way less boring, and I'm very strong. It just seemed like some people were being unnecessary in some ways. The main unspoken rule that has been exposed is that people can reply with positive advice on any post in the suicide forum, and it is NOT considered unsolicited advice, unless the post is someone who is expressing that they have decided to CBT or are actually in the midst of doing it. That's the only time where "unsolicited advice" comes into play, and it should be in the "recovery section." But that was the point of my post, to get feedback which would give me more clarity on this site. I just hope no one has no ill feelings towards me. It's not that serious, and I still would like to freely enjoy the pros of this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sister of the Moon and Un-