W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My grandpa is very ill. He's 91 years old and has been in hospital for 3 days. Doctors said he won't recover and will probably die in a few days or weeks.
The thing is, I'm planning to ctb on January, 21st but I'm doubting more than ever because it would be terrible for my dad (my grandpa's son) if he and I died almost at the same time. It doesn't matter if there is some distance between the days and weeks. It will still be traumatic!!!

It seems life wants be to live longer and I'm so sorry for my grandpa. He was a great human being. He was even at war!!!! Almost a century of life! What a madness!

Yet, as every day passes by, I find it harder to keep on living. I wonder what the hell will happen with my life.

Just wanted to vent about this! Thank you very much for reading me! :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, KleinerWolf, Sherri and 15 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
yeah that sounds difficult. :hug: i personally would put it off but youre not me. which ever you decide im sure the community will be here for you :hug::heart:

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, foxdie, sadworld and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
yeah that sounds difficult. :hug: i personally would put it off but youre not me. which ever you decide im sure the community will be here for you :hug::heart:
Thank you so much for your words!
This must be some kind of signal for me to try and live a bit more but the thing is...how? I'm really devastated lol.
I'll probably put it off.

Thanks again for your opinion!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, foxdie, Wrennie and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Thank you so much for your words!
This must be some kind of signal for me to try and live a bit more but the thing is...how? I'm really devastated lol.
I'll probably put it off.

Thanks again for your opinion!
as someone thats been working on recovery for the most part without professional help for 4 years if you ever want to PM me you can :)

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, foxdie, Wrennie and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That's quite a difficult position to be it. Is your dad very close to his father? It's really up to you what feels right in this situation. Your dad might need support after his father's passing if they were close.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Pookie, NeverSatisfied and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's quite a difficult position to be it. Is your dad very close to his father? It's really up to you what feels right in this situation. Your dad might need support after his father's passing if they were close.
Yes, during the last decades they became really close!!!
I can't just be selfish and leave now. I'll make an effort to keep on living.
Anyway, my SN will be there, waiting for me and right time!

Thanks a lot for your comment, my dear Rosey =)

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NeverSatisfied, Hurt and 1 other person
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
My grandpa is very ill. He's 91 years old and has been in hospital for 3 days. Doctors said he won't recover and will probably die in a few days or weeks.
The thing is, I'm planning to ctb on January, 21st but I'm doubting more than ever because it would be terrible for my dad (my grandpa's son) if he and I died almost at the same time. It doesn't matter if there is some distance between the days and weeks. It will still be traumatic!!!

It seems life wants be to live longer and I'm so sorry for my grandpa. He was a great human being. He was even at war!!!! Almost a century of life! What a madness!

Yet, as every day passes by, I find it harder to keep on living. I wonder what the hell will happen with my life.

I am really sorry to hear that your Grandpa is so unwell. Will you get to spend much time with him before he dies?

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I am really sorry to hear that your Grandpa is so unwell. Will you get to spend much time with him before he dies?
Yes, I visited a few times in the hospital but now we can't because he's in a covid area. (he doesn't have covid but they wanna make sure he's not infected).
I hope to be able to see him again soon!

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, during the last decades they became really close!!!
I can't just be selfish and leave now. I'll make an effort to keep on living.
Anyway, my SN will be there, waiting for me and right time!

Thanks a lot for your comment, my dear Rosey =)
It helps to remind yourself that it doesn't mean the bus is gone forever. It will be there later, and you have a safety net in place to remind you of that. It is hard to live for others. Several of us do it.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Life_and_Death and WornOutLife
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
Yes, I visited a few times in the hospital but now we can't because he's in a covid area. (he doesn't have covid but they wanna make sure he's not infected).
I hope to be able to see him again soon!
I am really sorry Covid is preventing you from seeing him at this time and I really do hope you get to see him soon.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and Ghost2211
K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
Is it possible for you to do video calls with your grandpa?

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Is it possible for you to do video calls with your grandpa?
That's a great idea but they don't allow us to give him a cellphone and the nurses don't have enough will to help. Anyway, I'll try to! Great idea! Thank you!

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. My gpa died suddenly in April and my family still hasn't come to terms with it. He was such a presence things will never be the same. I think it's awesome and self-less that you're thinking of your family too. Even if they can't support you, family is family at the end of the day

• Love
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. You might feel different once your grandfather has passed on and then you'll be able to help support your grieving father. You can both grieve together. Just remember that no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to ctb on the 21st. It can wait and there's no shame in that.
PS
His age at 91 - wow! Not many people get to that age. Your grandpa has had a long life and I'm sure he's had loads of interesting stories to tell.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and WornOutLife
A

agger466

Jan 6, 2021
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I would do the same thing in your situation.

• Love
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Dear people, thank you very much for your comments.
My grandpa has just passed away. My dad received a call some minutes ago. He and I are very sad but we knew this might happen.
I won't ctb on the 21st. My dad needs me.
Thanks again for "hearing" me.

Hugs and love

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Pookie, NeverSatisfied and 3 others
A

agger466

Jan 6, 2021
So strong of you to be there for your family. Sending thoughts and prayers your way my friend.

• Love
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Dear people, thank you very much for your comments.
My grandpa has just passed away. My dad received a call some minutes ago. He and I are very sad but we knew this might happen.
I won't ctb on the 21st. My dad needs me.
Thanks again for "hearing" me.

Hugs and love

I'm so sorry for your loss. You show amazing strength being there for your dad. Sending love and light to you and your family :heart: :hug:

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and WornOutLife
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
I'm so, so sorry about your grandpa. Sending condolences to your family and love and hugs to you. It's pretty amazing of you to choose to stick around for your dad. :hug:

• Love
Deleted member 24434

Deleted member 24434

Dec 3, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your dad.

• Love
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

Sorry about your grandpa, 91 that's a soldier alright! I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't forget to raise a glass for him when he goes 91 sure is a respectful age, guess he has lots of good memories and also bad because of the war. Hugs amigo

• Love
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss. My heart goes up to you and your dad. I don't want to sound like a pro-lifer but your family is in quite difficult situation. I think it would be best for you to delay your ctb date.

• Love