Pomegranate

Pomegranate

"To die is gain."
Jan 21, 2022
I'm nearing my mid-20s, and I'm still living with my family after failing out of college. Can't work, can't go to school, can't drive. Depression sucks, badly. But my parents have been pressuring me a lot, and it's such a big burden on my shoulders. I feel embarrassed to say no, but I know I can't say yes either. I simply can't and don't want to go outside and help you, Dad. I just want to stay in bed all year long doing nothing. I've been suicidal since December, but every time I feel shame about this, I get even more suicidal. I wish more than anybody that I'm not sick, but reality is otherwise, and I have to deal with it one way or another. Just wanted to vent, life sucks for me, thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, melodrama, 27clubBRIAN and 9 others
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
I am in the same situation as yours. No one knows how extreme i was. I have no purpose in life
No joy no laughter.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shivali, hungry_ghost and Pomegranate
Humaliennn_boo

Humaliennn_boo

Moônicide Àngel
Dec 13, 2021
This is so relatable and it feels like you're talking about me
Literally last night my father was threatening me to kill the whole family just because I'm depressed and I can't do anything but stay in bed, saying that me not doing housework and not talking to them is affecting his "poor wife" (she's one of the ones who ruined my life) ..

• Aww..
Reactions: disillusion and Pomegranate
Pomegranate

Pomegranate

"To die is gain."
Jan 21, 2022
I am in the same situation as yours. No one knows how extreme i was. I have no purpose in life
No joy no laughter.
Exactly. I feel the same way. I'm tired of explaining to others how bad of a shape I'm in. At the very least, my parents can say nothing. But the fact they're making me go through these cycles of feeling ashamed for doing something I can't do...ugh.
This is so relatable and it feels like you're talking about me
Literally last night my father was threatening me to kill the whole family just because I'm depressed and I can't do anything but stay in bed, saying that me not doing housework and not talking to them is affecting his "poor wife" (she's one of the ones who ruined my life) ..
Oh my god. This is horrific! You don't deserve such a bad reaction. Struggling people need empathy, not anger. I have a similar issue where, if I sleep a lot throughout the day, which is what I want to do all the time, my dad gets really mad, and my mom starts crying. I know if I CTB that their lives would never be the same. I love them, despite all of their flaws, and don't want them to suffer. But I don't want to suffer either.

• Hugs
Reactions: Humaliennn_boo
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life really is so cruel and unfair, and I'm sorry that you suffer. Suicidal people are already suffering enough without others making things worse. I just think that people who are not in a similar situation themselves would never really be able to understand. I wish you the best.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Family---I was talking to my brother few days ago on the phone, he said 'thought you were getting better' guess my unintentional breakdown while talking to him about her, finally made him think otherwise

DarkNearDeath

DarkNearDeath

Student
May 1, 2021
I'm nearing my mid-20s, and I'm still living with my family after failing out of college. Can't work, can't go to school, can't drive. Depression sucks, badly. But my parents have been pressuring me a lot, and it's such a big burden on my shoulders. I feel embarrassed to say no, but I know I can't say yes either. I simply can't and don't want to go outside and help you, Dad. I just want to stay in bed all year long doing nothing. I've been suicidal since December, but every time I feel shame about this, I get even more suicidal. I wish more than anybody that I'm not sick, but reality is otherwise, and I have to deal with it one way or another. Just wanted to vent, life sucks for me, thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
;( I been suicidal since I realized college isn't gonna save me

F

FogFilledLife

Student
Jan 6, 2022
There doesn't have to be something wrong with you to want to die.

Reactions: damaged_soul and tary