Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Actually
The term 'inquisition' was inflammatory and so I apologise ... it was not directed at you specifically.
I am not suggesting that people should not pm each other ... more that it should not be assumed that someone is here to attend to our needs rather than their own in the first instance ... particularly when the issue may be as sensitive as an attempt with all of the complex emotions that accompany that.

As I said, there is a naivety in thinking that it posting a thread about an attempt wont garner great interest on a site who primary purpose is discussion about suicide. However again ... sensitivity to the author should apply.

In the moment I am sure your questions were extremely important ... as were the questions of the other however many people pm'd but common sense might suggest that if you have burning question it might be pertinent to consider the impact of asking on the OP rather than just barrel ahead.

This site is a wonderful resource of information and support but noone here owes me their time as I owe noone. If I give it (and I am sure people are starting to wish Id give a little less of it lol) I do so because I am in the headspace and I wish to.

I dont think a formal rule needs to apply to this just a little commonsense and respect.
Perhaps asking in the thread if the author is happy to be pm'd ... and as I said I have made the same error in judgement myself.

I am also new here so am finding my way and I hope this doesnt come off as berating you because it is not my intention and I am aware I have no more an ideal solution than the next person.
I do like a good discussion though.
Actually I do like your suggestion to ask the person in the thread if they would mind if they were messaged. That's definitely something I'll do in the future. Thanks.

Reactions: Miss_Takes
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I think we can leave this topic now.

I am simply saying that people shouldn't expect that it's okay to DM a stranger to quiz them about their attempt just because they chose to talk about it in the forums.

Can a mod please close this thread?

Reactions: Miss_Takes