• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Yuina

Yuina

Apr 13, 2024
My dad is—in his own words—an unsentimental person. He also doesn't really care about other people or have any regard for their feelings. Ever since I was a child, he has constantly gotten rid of things he thinks we don't need anymore, failing to realize we keep them because they are sentimental to us. He's gotten rid of my old plushies, toys, handheld consoles, basically anything that has sentiment to me.

It reminds me of when I was 12 and he got rid of my cat without telling me while I was at school. I came home and looked for my cat, only to find out he had dumped it outside because we weren't suited to take care of it anymore, when we were perfectly capable. I cried for days.

Today, I found out he was trying to get rid of my Leapster. I told him not to but he insisted we did. I grabbed it and took it back for myself.

I understand he may be unsentimental, but I specifically ask him to not get rid of things and he still does. It's my stuff. I'm not a hoarder, there are just some things that mean a lot to me and I want to keep them. I don't understand why that's a problem. I guess it's not a big deal, but it hurts to not be heard. 😢

Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
Thank you. :heart: He thinks keeping stuff "with no purpose" is useless, but I don't think they lack a purpose at all.
I used to be super sentimental with stuff till I got rid of all my things to try and get rid of those feelings. I can understand why he might think that way but he really shouldn't be doing that without your consent, especially when you have an attachment to those things and their associated memories....

• Hugs
Reactions: Yuina
Yuina

Yuina

Apr 13, 2024
I used to be super sentimental with stuff till I got rid of all my things to try and get rid of those feelings. I can understand why he might think that way but he really shouldn't be doing that without your consent, especially when you have an attachment to those things and their associated memories....
Yes, I agree. Would you consider you getting rid of your sentimental stuff a good thing or a bad thing for you? I'm sorry you felt the need to do that.

I definitely wish he would at least ask or even tell me if he was 100% getting rid of it, but I just saw my stuff in a tub and my sister told me that's stuff he's donating. My mom also chastises him for doing stuff like that which usually results in some kind of argument and a "I'm always the bad guy" from my dad. A lot of that stuff truly does mean a lot to me, especially considering how much I think about my childhood and wish I could go back to a time where I was ignorant of the world. I'm an adult, I can do what I want, y'know?

If anything, I think him dumping my cat was easily the worst. He told me holding grudges isn't healthy but c'mon, you literally abandoned MY cat!

• Love
Reactions: Ares
Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
Yes, I agree. Would you consider you getting rid of your sentimental stuff a good thing or a bad thing for you? I'm sorry you felt the need to do that.

I definitely wish he would at least ask or even tell me if he was 100% getting rid of it, but I just saw my stuff in a tub and my sister told me that's stuff he's donating. My mom also chastises him for doing stuff like that which usually results in some kind of argument and a "I'm always the bad guy" from my dad. A lot of that stuff truly does mean a lot to me, especially considering how much I think about my childhood and wish I could go back to a time where I was ignorant of the world. I'm an adult, I can do what I want, y'know?

If anything, I think him dumping my cat was easily the worst. He told me holding grudges isn't healthy but c'mon, you literally abandoned MY cat!
Good. For me anyways. It's not for everyone. And it still hurts... but..... I tend to feel more... centered, and empty. Whenever I get rid of my past, anything I used to care for, reminders of who I used to be..... throwing it in the trash, both figuratively and literally, allows me to kind of... reset myself and my priorities. The less I have, the less I have to lose. If that makes sense..? In getting rid of what I care for, it helps me feel less. The less I feel, the less I can get hurt by myself or those I subconsciously or actively form an attatchement to.... I don't usually allow myself to have good things. If it makes me feel good, I usually discard it. Though I'm making an exception here ahaha... I still feel the need to run away and delete this app even now. I've done it once already. I have to actively fight myself to be vulnurable with you.

I hate being in the middle of an argument, it's such a helpless feeling... im so sorry..... Ignorance used to be bliss. Im not sure if i want to go back to being ignorant anymore though, I am who I am due to everything bad that's happened to me. I'm scared of losing my sense of self. And I still have people to surpass. I'm not done yet.... I don't think people really see us as full on "adults" till we're like in our 20s, they prob still see us as immature even though we're 18.

Oh my god absolutely that's just fucking terrible, I can't imagine just dumping out a pet like that, surely that of all things is a line that he'd know not to cross? Like who in the right frame of mind gets rid of an animal a child has an emotional attatchement to? I feel that physically, that's just ... so shitty I'm so sorry.....

If holding grudges isn't healthy, well.... I guess I'm walking with one foot in the grave then. Ahahaha!!

• Love
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Is your father reasonable? I mean, does he hear the logical arguments?

He should consult before it escalates and becomes compulsive decluttering

Yuina

Yuina

Apr 13, 2024
but... why does he do it?
My dad does not see things with no purpose to him as worthy of keeping. He has admitted that he only thinks about himself and is incapable of understanding why other people form attachments to anything. He has gone behind my mom's back many times and gotten rid of her old stuff as well, warning us not to tell her or else she'll get mad at him. He also has been diagnosed with OCD, and claims he hates clutter, but we do not hoard. Any old, sentimental items are stored safely in totes in the basement storage rooms for safekeeping, and sometimes he'll go through them just because and get rid of anything he doesn't want to keep. We never go through and touch his stuff. Ever. I just don't understand, and i also don't understand why he gets mad at me when I ask him not to.
Is your father reasonable? I mean, does he hear the logical arguments?

He should consult before it escalates and becomes compulsive decluttering
I don't think he does. He doesn't care to listen to our reasoning, and only gives up the conversation when everyone is jumping on him, then victimizes himself and leaves to his room to sulk about how he thinks everyone sees him as the enemy. He's done this in the past for other reasons. Once, I told him I was just gonna find something else to eat because it was going to take him too long to go to the store, then he said I was playing the victim and villainizing him. Another time, he forced me to tell him what I told my old counselor and then yelled at me for proceeding to tell him what I told said counselor.

However, there are things he won't get rid of, like photographs, baby blankets, childhood drawings, etc.

He also understands my figurine collection and wouldn't make me get rid of any of them or the boxes.
Good. For me anyways. It's not for everyone. And it still hurts... but..... I tend to feel more... centered, and empty. Whenever I get rid of my past, anything I used to care for, reminders of who I used to be..... throwing it in the trash, both figuratively and literally, allows me to kind of... reset myself and my priorities. The less I have, the less I have to lose. If that makes sense..? In getting rid of what I care for, it helps me feel less. The less I feel, the less I can get hurt by myself or those I subconsciously or actively form an attatchement to.... I don't usually allow myself to have good things. If it makes me feel good, I usually discard it. Though I'm making an exception here ahaha... I still feel the need to run away and delete this app even now. I've done it once already. I have to actively fight myself to be vulnurable with you.

I hate being in the middle of an argument, it's such a helpless feeling... im so sorry..... Ignorance used to be bliss. Im not sure if i want to go back to being ignorant anymore though, I am who I am due to everything bad that's happened to me. I'm scared of losing my sense of self. And I still have people to surpass. I'm not done yet.... I don't think people really see us as full on "adults" till we're like in our 20s, they prob still see us as immature even though we're 18.

Oh my god absolutely that's just fucking terrible, I can't imagine just dumping out a pet like that, surely that of all things is a line that he'd know not to cross? Like who in the right frame of mind gets rid of an animal a child has an emotional attatchement to? I feel that physically, that's just ... so shitty I'm so sorry.....

If holding grudges isn't healthy, well.... I guess I'm walking with one foot in the grave then. Ahahaha!!
It does sound painful, but I'm glad it was ultimately a good and healthy thing for you to do. I totally understand that. I know it can be difficult to stop "running away" after you've been used to doing so for so long. And especially with being vulnerable. I'm so sorry you're struggling with that.

It really is. I wouldn't say I was ever totally ignorant, but at least there was a time when things didn't get to me as much. Where I could just ignore them and drown myself in my own fantasies. I think you're right about that part, though. I suppose you could lose your sense of self. I don't think they do either. I'm only seen as an adult to my parents when it's in their favor. Otherwise, I'm just a kid that still has to listen to everything they say. I don't understand that contradiction.

Mhm. He just dumped her out at his old workplace and said she would be fine. I still feel for her. I doubt she's even still alive anymore. I hate to call my dad cruel, but I truly do think it was a cruel, cruel thing to do. Cats have always been my emotional support animals in some way. Thank you...

Hahaha yeah! People always tell you to forgive and forget, but that's simply not possible in any situation. You can't just forgive people who have hurt you so badly. Doesn't that mean they've won?

Last edited:
  • Love
blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
Your dad sounds quite narcissistic. It must be so difficult to deal with, especially since from what you've written, it seems like he's unable to be reasoned with. Throwing your cat out like that, I can't imagine how traumatic it must've been for you. It was a horrible horrible thing for him to do. I'm so sorry :(

He told me holding grudges isn't healthy
Mine says that to me too!! It's not healthy to hold grudges, we're a family blah blah blah, It's so infuriating and doesn't excuse inexcusable behavior.

I'm only seen as an adult to my parents when it's in their favor. Otherwise, I'm just a kid that still has to listen to everything they say. I don't understand that contradiction.
Holy shit, this too. This is 100% my parents 😫 I don't get it either. I think that when they're fed up with me for whatever reason I'm an adult and when they want to control me in some way I'm a child.

Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
However, there are things he won't get rid of, like photographs, baby blankets, childhood drawings, etc.

He also understands my figurine collection and wouldn't make me get rid of any of them or the boxes.
also has been diagnosed with OCD, and claims he hates clutter, but we do not hoard
THIS.
I belive he knows he is "ill" and he knows that he very often do bad things. He also know that there are "certain" things he should not touch. Why he would throw away your cat, but he would not touch your figurine collection. That does not give a sense.
I am afraid that if he is not going to come for some sort of "cure" or tries at least change his behaviour, you will have to move and live separately from him. Someday.

• Love
Reactions: Ares and Yuina
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

Aug 24, 2023

He understood that there were limits and that figurines had more value with boxes
I suppose you were never able to have other animals after what happened to the cat?

Once, I told him I was just gonna find something else to eat because it was going to take him too long to go to the store, then he said I was playing the victim and villainizing him. Another time, he forced me to tell him what I told my old counselor and then yelled at me for proceeding to tell him what I told said counselor.
Do you think he's afraid that you'll "walk away" from him (or no longer pay him enough attention) ? It is common to provoke what we fear by wanting to prevent it from happening.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
My dad does not see things with no purpose to him as worthy of keeping. He has admitted that he only thinks about himself and is incapable of understanding why other people form attachments to anything. He has gone behind my mom's back many times and gotten rid of her old stuff as well, warning us not to tell her or else she'll get mad at him. He also has been diagnosed with OCD, and claims he hates clutter, but we do not hoard. Any old, sentimental items are stored safely in totes in the basement storage rooms for safekeeping, and sometimes he'll go through them just because and get rid of anything he doesn't want to keep. We never go through and touch his stuff. Ever. I just don't understand, and i also don't understand why he gets mad at me when I ask him not to.
It seems to me that you should go to a social worker or ask for help in foundations or directly to the police to investigate what is wrong with your father. Maybe and probably he has a lot of traumas or internal problems that he doesn't know how to deal with.

Reactions: Ares and Zazacosta
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
It seems to me that you should go to a social worker or ask for help in foundations or directly to the police to investigate what is wrong with your father. Maybe and probably he has a lot of traumas or internal problems that he doesn't know how to deal with.
Well, it might work and it is definitely worth of considering.
But it can also potentionally backfire. Depending on many factors, mainly how he will react, how old is Yuina, how old is her dad, how much social worker/foundation/police will believe to Yuina and how they will try to help.

Yuina

Yuina

Apr 13, 2024
He understood that there were limits and that figurines had more value with boxes
I suppose you were never able to have other animals after what happened to the cat?

Do you think he's afraid that you'll "walk away" from him (or no longer pay him enough attention) ? It is common to provoke what we fear by wanting to prevent it from happening.
Yes, only after I had explained it to him though, of course.
And, we actually do have two cats! We got them in 2021 and they're happy and healthy, but I don't think this house is a good environment for them due to other unrelated reasons. I plan on taking them with me if I ever can move out, since I don't want to leave them behind.

I don't think so. He always says he doesn't care if we don't love him or if we stop talking to him. I mean, he says he loves us, I believe him… but it's always overshadowed by everything else he says to us. He doesn't physically hurt us, and he's a little strict, but… I don't know. He says he's not afraid of anything.
I don't know if it's this bad, and I don't think it would work…? He always says that, hypothetically, if we ever went to a social worker there's nothing they would do about anything because we live in a good home and nobody hurts us. I think we do. He does have a lot of mental health problems and PTSD from the military, which my mom always uses to excuse his behavior and tells me not to worry about it. He's very emotionless and I think he still attends therapy. He is actually a lot better now than he used to be. He used to be a lot meaner.
Well, it might work and it is definitely worth of considering.
But it can also potentionally backfire. Depending on many factors, mainly how he will react, how old is Yuina, how old is her dad, how much social worker/foundation/police will believe to Yuina and how they will try to help.
Ah, I can answer those… I'm 18, my dad is 44, and I doubt they would do anything as there isn't really evidence of abuse in the house. I mean…is this abuse? I guess I don't really know the definition of it but I always under the assumption that this was normal. I also think my dad would get really mad at me if I tried and it would really strain our relationship, which would hurt because otherwise we are usually quite close depending on his mood…
Your dad sounds quite narcissistic. It must be so difficult to deal with, especially since from what you've written, it seems like he's unable to be reasoned with. Throwing your cat out like that, I can't imagine how traumatic it must've been for you. It was a horrible horrible thing for him to do. I'm so sorry :(

Mine says that to me too!! It's not healthy to hold grudges, we're a family blah blah blah, It's so infuriating and doesn't excuse inexcusable behavior.

Holy shit, this too. This is 100% my parents 😫 I don't get it either. I think that when they're fed up with me for whatever reason I'm an adult and when they want to control me in some way I'm a child.
I think he is unfortunately. :( He's admitted it many times before. He says he's selfish. He says he doesn't care. It made me think it was normal, even admirable, but now I'm not so sure. He once told me he didn't care that something he said triggered my depression, then claimed a few days later that he never said that, and yelled at me for claiming such a thing.

Yes, exactly! He always says stuff like, "Eh, it was a long time ago. Nothing we can do about it now. Forgive and forget." But, I mean…I don't know. In the context he uses it in, I don't know if it's the best argument.

Aghhh IKR! Need help with something? "You're an adult, you should know this by now." Trying to have a civil debate? "Don't talk back to me. I'm the owner of this house. You're just living here."

Last edited:
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
Then it is very complicated.
I do not know how police/social workers would act in your country, but in our country...
From what you wrote - like he has mental problems, probably doing a treatment still, overall you live in a good home and your mother excuses him because of his past in military...
In our country, they would do nothing with him.

• Love
Yuina

Yuina

Apr 13, 2024
Then it is very complicated.
I do not know how police/social workers would act in your country, but in our country...
From what you wrote - like he has mental problems, probably doing a treatment still, overall you live in a good home and your mother excuses him because of his past in military...
In our country, they would do nothing with him.
I think I will have to wait until I can move out in some way… I don't really like living in an environment where I'm not respected, even if I have a generally good home life, aside from some select things my parents refuse to believe they actually do. In my area, I could not see them doing anything, as nothing he's doing is really considered abusive. I just think it's mean… and unfair… I wish he would stop but no is never an answer for him… Thank you very much for your response. <3

• Hugs
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
I think I will have to wait until I can move out in some way… I don't really like living in an environment where I'm not respected, even if I have a generally good home life, aside from some select things my parents refuse to believe they actually do. In my area, I could not see them doing anything, as nothing he's doing is really considered abusive. I just think it's mean… and unfair… I wish he would stop but no is never an answer for him… Thank you very much for your response. <3
Maybe find a secret safe shelter for your most valuable things outside your home :) Until you move out someday. That should not be so much difficult.
Ask some friend to help you, do that when nobody will be at home, rent a car, rent a storage room, and move some things... You can even tell them that you get rid of them by your own :smiling:

• Hugs
Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
Mhm. He just dumped her out at his old workplace and said she would be fine. I still feel for her. I doubt she's even still alive anymore. I hate to call my dad cruel, but I truly do think it was a cruel, cruel thing to do. Cats have always been my emotional support animals in some way. Thank you...
That's just.... wow..... I'm so sorry........

• Love
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

Aug 24, 2023
I don't think so. He always says he doesn't care if we don't love him or if we stop talking to him. I mean, he says he loves us, I believe him… but it's always overshadowed by everything else he says to us. He doesn't physically hurt us, and he's a little strict, but… I don't know. He says he's not afraid of anything.
Sometimes people are strange, I have a person in my family who is very violent in his words but his actions are quite the opposite so I understand to what extent his words impact you, I can advise you to take a step back, soon you won't have to put up with him anymore, and staying on good terms can always come in handy. This doesn't mean forgiving, but avoiding mental exhaustion for people who probably aren't worth it.

I'm sorry for the items he threw away, all you can do is try to protect what you have left until you are able to leave, and look forward to a brighter, independent future with your two cats !

• Love
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
I don't know if it's this bad, and I don't think it would work…? He always says that, hypothetically, if we ever went to a social worker there's nothing they would do about anything because we live in a good home and nobody hurts us. I think we do. He does have a lot of mental health problems and PTSD from the military, which my mom always uses to excuse his behavior and tells me not to worry about it. He's very emotionless and I think he still attends therapy. He is actually a lot better now than he used to be. He used to be a lot meaner.
Well, that's progress. I really hope it will improve your situation at home and in your family :) pm if you want