wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
previous posts explain better if anyone cares,

since may i had been without my cats because i had to give them up to a shelter, said shelter had a virus outbreak at the beginning of this month and my cats fell victim to it, i spent all that time trying to get in contact with them but i was left without a response until they told me my cats passed away.

when i asked them when they passed, they told me about a week ago, so for a week i was left without a response and even now when i'm trying to message these people they take hours or even a full day to respond.

it took me a day or two to actually get a full answer on where my cats are and when exactly they died even when i didnt stop messaging and getting a real response and not some one-sentence bullshit, they just tell me they were cremated, i asked if they still have their ashes for me to keep, i wait a full day for a response despite being left on read almost right after i asked, and they tell me no because them and every cat that passed there were cremated all together, as an individual cremation was too expensive for them apparently.

again, they passed a week before without my knowledge and if they had told me sooner, me and others would've gladly fucking paid for the individual cremation.

i now have nothing but a broken nail from one of my boys sitting behind my phonecase, and my grievance has been an imposition to everybody.

in the midst of all this i also lost my best friend because apparently since may he'd been lying to me that he was in contact often with the shelter and trying to ask about my cats, he himself i remember telling me he got no response, and that's why it took me so long to message these people myself because i wouldn't have stopped, like i haven't now.

im barely being contacted by friends who i spoke about this too, one of them i opened up about my suicidal ideation throughout all of this and he just stopped talking to me but i see him online with other people, my family doesnt give two shits about how this is all affecting me, theyre just annoyed im under their roof an they have to deal with it now.

tldr; lost my cats and have nothing left of them, my friends don't care about me and i'm an inconvenience to my family

all i had to live for all this time was for my cats. how the fuck am i meant to go on now

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: WaitingToGo, Aisley, downndone2 and 7 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I'm so sorry about your cats.

i hate how some of these shelters are run. the way you were treated is nasty. it's basic communication.

i understand they're swamped but regardless, it's like there's zero process or overhead about simple shit. and then your friend being of no help at all, let alone lying about it instead of simply being honest, it's just infuriating.

you don't deserve this and your cats certainly didn't deserve what they may have endured in the last moments of their life.

i hope you find a good support system in life. people that genuinly care about you, listen to you, check in on you, want to be with you, etc.

wish you peace and comfort.

Reactions: JGT1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be really painful and hard to deal with what you are going through, existence really is too cruel. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: JGT1
J

JGT1

Apr 16, 2021
Jesus, I would hate my cat going through something like that!

Reactions: WaitingToGo
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
This is absolutely not acceptable. I work with shelter animals, but not at a shelter as they're only boarding with us until adoption (so lots of different groups board here), but I did work at a shelter for over a year. Yes, we were massively overpacked and overworked, but that would never be an excuse for not answering your calls about YOUR animals. Maybe a day after. Maybe. But there's no excuse. I wouldn't put the blame on those working kennels, because unfortunately they're typically just as uninformed or lied to as the public, all by management (i.e. they may have been told you were contacted when you were not), but we need serious reform in shelters. It also greatly depends if it's a city shelter that can't refuse animals, or a private shelter that's allowed to turn away and only take what they can handle.

I'm very sorry for your experience. It's inexcusable. Big hugs.

Reactions: wastingpotential and JGT1
Eternal🌈Rainbow

Eternal🌈Rainbow

♡ ✨ ♡ 🌸 ♡ 💖 ♡ 🌈 ♡
Apr 2, 2022
I'm so so sorry for everything that you've been and are going through. I've just read every one of your threads and posts about this nightmare, and I'm hurting for you and for them. I love animals, they're everything to me. So I understand the pain you felt when all of this happened and still are feeling, due to grief and the feeling of impotence and helplessness for not being able to do anything, the shelter staff just handled it all in the worst way for fck's sake. I'm so sorry. I truly get your heartbreaking pain, then and now. And I can understand how this whole ordeal has rendered you hopeless, exhausted and shattered. And also there's the part about your family and your environment in general, to make things worse. I'm really sorry, I can't do anything but offer you my kindest words, infinite love and very warm hugs, and say that I wish I could take your suffering away. I'm sorry once again. I truly wish you can find any tiny amount of solace soon, maybe by leaving this cruel world if you wish to do so. I would understand, and many others. I hope you have your reunion with them and are free from this pain finally, sooner or later, whenever you (may) decide. :heart:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Love
Reactions: wastingpotential