• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
I know there are threads about philosophical schools which are more "pro-choice." I was wondering if anyone had any good specific texts, books or articles. I think this may help my SI and also make me more at peace with CTB.

Reactions: silentnights56, Disappointered and warm dreams
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
There are many people here who recommend Albert Camus's book "The Myth of Sisyphus". Unfortunately, I couldn't read it completely because I didn't like the way it was told. But this book brings up the topic of ctb.

• Love
Reactions: silentnights56, huphup and Disappointered
hopelessoceanic25

hopelessoceanic25

Agony.
Nov 29, 2023
Following this as I would love to find some too.

• Love
Reactions: huphup
Nagito

Nagito

May 25, 2022
These are not about suicide exactly, more about what could cause someone to feel hopeless. The first is a biology professor that talks about the how physiologically we have little control over our thought patterns and predispositions. It can alleviate a lot of guilt and reassure you whatever you're feeling isn't a failure of anything you've done.

The second one has a similar way of comforting because he believes everyone is destined to have a very hard time in life through no fault of our own, but at least it means there's nothing wrong with us for feeling this way. He mentions Camus's quote about the only true philosophical question being should one kill themselves. He's got a great sense of humor too.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and huphup
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I am very interested too.

Reactions: silentnights56
ghostbird

ghostbird

Aug 16, 2023
I would recommend Thomas Ligotti's 'The Conspiracy Against the Human Race'.

• Love
Reactions: silentnights56, huphup and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I would recommend Thomas Ligotti's 'The Conspiracy Against the Human Race'.
1. Conspiracy against the human race , awesome book by Thomas Liggoti

2. Also ever deeper honesty book

3. Every cradle is a grave by Sarah Perry

Reactions: silentnights56, huphup and hopelessoceanic25
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Idk if you like poetry but Suicide Note by Anne Sexton is good, I found it really comforting

stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
The stoics, who were generally pretty permissible on their views of suicide wrote some good stuff. meditations by marcus aurelius is pretty solid.

deathxo

deathxo

Aug 10, 2023
I haven't personally read this myself, but I know about David Benatar's Better Never to Have Been, from what I know it frames life & existence as a net negative & is very popular amongst Antinatalists.

Then there are the famous pessimistic philosophers, Schopenhauer & Nietzsche. Schopenhauer has an essay on suicide. (But I think he himself thought one morally shouldn't do it?) & Neitzsche, though a forever nihilist, still had great fits of life affirmation. But you'll have to wade more through their bibliographies. To find what you wanna read.

There's Peter Wessel Zapffe (The Last Messiah), Emile Cioran (The Trouble with Being Born, The Temptation to Exist, On The Heights of Despair). Very different styles of writing & approach to life.
Again, search & see what you'd like to read.

I recently came across this personal blog https://schopenhaueronmars.com/ (covers RTD, efilism etc.) & really appreciated their articulate expression.

I just read Cosmic Pessimism by Eugene Thacker & though it is about the meaningless of it all, it still paradoxically left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Highly recommend.

Last edited: