BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I do most of the things listed there and I still want to CTB. Ugh, the reasons not to commit suicide list pisses me off more. Reminds me when my pro life friend was trying to push me to stay in this world and now I realize that his methods were no different from the bland conventional ones. He was just being nice for a while. I have the right to say if I am REALLY worth it and amazing as a person, and unfortunately I have to say I am not, if I ever was then I'd be less than other people.

• Love
Reactions: Cevapcici, Nemeshisu, CynicalHopelessness and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Be nice. They took time out of their day, they didn't have to. The standards we hold others to is quite ridiculous at times

Reactions: Cevapcici
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Be nice. They took time out of their day, they didn't have to. The standards we hold others to is quite ridiculous at times
Well, at least someone did – the post is actually copied.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
These lists are always so absurd and unrealistic, and they're clearly compiled by people who haven't suffered true suicidal depression. But I don't think they come from a bad place. The authors probably had good intentions, they're just very misguided.

I wonder what it would turn out like if we made our own list?

Life and birth is a death cult. Why can't people just understand that non existence is better? You don't need to feel stressed and suicidal if you just didn't exist. :angry::hmph::meh:-_-
I respect your feelings, but you have to remember that not all of us hate life. I'd much rather live and feel better.

Reactions: lofistos345, Cevapcici and Nemeshisu
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
These lists are always so absurd and unrealistic, and they're clearly compiled by people who haven't suffered true suicidal depression. But I don't think they come from a bad place. The authors probably had good intentions, they're just very misguided.

I respect your feelings, but you have to remember that not all of us hate life. I'd much rather live and feel better.
It's believing there's no good in it at all that makes them feel better. It's harder to accept death when you see the beauty in life

Reactions: Cevapcici, Nemeshisu and k75
thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
Only when I'll see people on this website truly empathizing with pedophiles or anything else, I'll expect the 'normal' people to empathize with suicidals. Angry at those who don't understand? Why won't you take the leap to understand that which you don't? (addressed at those who feel it unfair, that 'they' don't 'get it')

Reactions: Nemeshisu and k75
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
Typical pro life cliche, copy pasta, circle jerk Reddit advice. Reddit sucks. Truth is, not visiting Reddit as much made me feel a little better and that's not on their lists.

I know 18 and 19 are still considered teenagers. But you really should consider not frequenting /r/teenagers. That whole sub is a cringe fest.

"Look at memes" As an adult, looking at memes all day would completely cement the fact that I'm completely pathetic and useless. I have no job, friends or life, yet memes are going to fucking save me.

Gardening? In the fucking Winter! Are they kidding?

Oh how I hate Reddit.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigBurden, cowbain, Cevapcici and 3 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Reddit sucks. I know 18 and 19 are still considered teenagers. But you really should consider not frequenting /r/teenagers.

"Look at memes" As an adult, looking at memes all day would completely cement fact that I'm completely pathetic and useless. I have no job, friends or life, yet memes are going to fucking save me.
I rarely visit the sub, actually. It popped up in the recommendations. I dislike the overall quirky, meme-y mentality. As for memes, I can totally understand how you feel. They're like instant gratification machines.
Only when I'll see people on this website truly empathizing with pedophiles or anything else, I'll expect the 'normal' people to empathize with suicidals. Angry at those who don't understand? Why won't you take the leap to understand that which you don't? (addressed at those who feel it unfair, that 'they' don't 'get it')
What concerns me in the posts is the fact that their primary purpose is to reap internet points.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyYoda, Throwawaysoul and Nemeshisu
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019

There's no such thing as a good life. If there was there wouldn't be a single person committimg suicide.

Reactions: TheSoulless
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
There's no such thing as a good life. If there was there wouldn't be a single person committimg suicide.
I think overall, I have a good life. You can't decide for me that it's otherwise no matter how badly you want that to be true.

Reactions: Cevapcici
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
I think overall, I have a good life. You can't decide for me that it's otherwise no matter how badly you want that to be true.
I'm just going to leave this here

20200113 141808

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, TheBigBurden, Carina and 2 others
A

aramir

Dec 13, 2019
reading those kind of reddit posts literally makes me gag, it's all a bunch of pro-lifers patting each other on the back for saying " do things that feel good" as though it's some grand mystery that suicidal people haven't already tried.

Reactions: cowbain, Emily_Numb and TheSoulless
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Another thing that pisses me off is all the damn Suicide hotline spam.

As if a mindless script that posts its list every time anyone mentions suicide is going to help anyone. Sure, let me call some fuck working in a call centre, I'm sure they can sort my life out :pfff:

God forbid you criticise the practice as dehumanising and triggering because if it just saves one life, it's gotta be worth it, right? Fuck off.

Reactions: cowbain, Cevapcici, k75 and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Another thing that pisses me off is all the damn Suicide hotline spam.

As if a mindless script that posts its list every time anyone mentions suicide is going to help anyone. Sure, let me call some fuck working in a call centre, I'm sure they can sort my life out :pfff:

God forbid you criticise the practice as dehumanising and triggering because if it just saves one life, it's gotta be worth it, right? Fuck off.
Agreed!

I've had some bad experiences with that stupid hotline. I told my therapist, and she was genuinely shocked. She said she was going to spread the word to the other staff so they could focus on alternatives. I think most people seriously don't know how useless it is.

• Wow
Reactions: Cevapcici and Finis Autem Spero
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
to me, there approach is to have someone sort of deflect off their suicidal ideation and force a suicidal person to focus on something other than their suicidal ideation, wanting you to have some sort of distraction and forcing you to focus on something else.

however, the problem with that is, people don't understand that you just can't ignore or turn off you're suicidal ideation as if it's a light switch. for someone who's really truly broken, whatever you're doing, whomever you're doing it with, you're suicidal ideation/negative thoughts and sadness are just gonna leak into these daily activities. you really can't just stop these thoughts just like that. to me, its the failure of these people to think ITS THAT EASY to stop ourselves from thinking about suicide and failing to understand and empathize once again with how hard it is for those struggling with suicidal ideation and mental health problems.

Hit the nail on the head.

• Love
Reactions: pole
lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
Made me think of this

• Love
Reactions: Cevapcici and TheSoulless
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Lol. My favorite is "It does get better" especially with the "Believe it or not".

Do I even have to explain why it is so ridiculous and unrealistic in certain circumstances?

• Hugs
Reactions: cowbain, Cevapcici and TheSoulless
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
In a good way or bad way?
Oof, I just checked the sub the post was from. The posts are supposed to be satire. So yea I guess it's the "good" kind.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
D

Diceroller90

Jan 12, 2020
I hate that, pardon my french, fucking crisis hotline. It is utterly useless at providing help, and all it does is let people pat themselves on the back as they prance about how many lives they saved with the copy/paste function. Even worse is when they program a bot to post it. At least when a human posts it, I can pretend they care but just don't know how to help. A bot is just following a script. Funny enough when you call the line you are talking to someone following a script to. So a bot with a script leads me to another bot with a script.

• Love
Reactions: Barbus, cowbain, TheSoulless and 2 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
why there are so many emojis? is this a different language? I cannot even read it properly.

ok so I am stupid and ungrateful to not suck it up.
It's sarcasm. Making fun of people who think suicide is wrong