TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
The only reason for posting this is was probably to get some gold and karma. This isn't exactly uplifting to me. I mean, all that I do nowadays is play games, browse memes and watch anime. Also, "gardening"? Really?
Annotation 2020 01 12 205151
EDIT: there's more!
20200113 020052
No, you wouldn't miss me, no, it doesn't necessarily get better, no, there's not always a reason to live, and no, I am not amazing.

Some of the reasons are repeated with different words, and one reason actually is "your kids will never be born". That seems like a positive to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: cowbain, Cevapcici, Emily_Numb and 16 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Talking to a friend about it can be risky and why would someone want to talk to a crisis line? Taking a nap isn't necessarily going to solve things. It's just temporary.
Actually scratch that. All of these are ridiculous

• Love
Reactions: cowbain, Emily_Numb, MiserableBastard1995 and 14 others
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I wonder why all these options either involve doing something that lets you ignore reality or talking to someone?

I don't know how indulging myself in fictional world of anime, games, books, dreams or even gardening is supposed to help solve any of my problems. It only helps to ignore painful reality. It's only temporary and doesn't solve anything.

As for talking with friend or crisis line....not everyone may want to talk about their problems. It also doesn't really solve anything either.

I am already doing 7 out of 10 things from this list and none of them really convinced me not to commit suicide. Might try gardening next. Although, I don't think that ignoring reality by being in magical world of gardening is going to be any different than ignoring reality by watching anime.

But yeah, you can do all this things but that won't change how you feel. If someone's suicidal ideation can really be stopped by simply playing video games or just going for a walk then they are not really suicidal. These options are completly ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cowbain, Cevapcici, Conker and 11 others
Nuggest

Nuggest

Jan 3, 2020
Life rarely gives moments to relax, guess what happens when you're forcefully pulled out of your escapism (which most of these points are). Each and every time I'm painfully reminded of how shitty and boring this reality is and my urge to drive off a cliff becomes unbearable..

• Love
Reactions: cowbain, Conker, TheDevilsAngel and 5 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I wonder why all these options either involve doing something that lets you ignore reality or talking to someone?

I don't know how indulging myself in fictional world of anime, games, books, dreams or even gardening is supposed to help solve any of my problems. It only helps to ignore painful reality. It's only temporary and doesn't solve anything.

As for talking with friend or crisis line....not everyone may want to talk about their problems. It also doesn't really solve anything either.

I am already doing 7 out of 10 things from this list and none of them really convinced me not to commit suicide. Might try gardening next. Although, I don't think that ignoring reality by being in magical world of gardening is going to be any different than ignoring reality by watching anime.

But yeah, you can do all this things but that won't change how you feel. If someone's suicidal ideation can really be stopped by simply playing video games or just going for a walk then they are not really suicidal. These options are completly ridiculous.
to me, there approach is to have someone sort of deflect off their suicidal ideation and force a suicidal person to focus on something other than their suicidal ideation, wanting you to have some sort of distraction and forcing you to focus on something else.

however, the problem with that is, people don't understand that you just can't ignore or turn off you're suicidal ideation as if it's a light switch. for someone who's really truly broken, whatever you're doing, whomever you're doing it with, you're suicidal ideation/negative thoughts and sadness are just gonna leak into these daily activities. you really can't just stop these thoughts just like that. to me, its the failure of these people to think ITS THAT EASY to stop ourselves from thinking about suicide and failing to understand and empathize once again with how hard it is for those struggling with suicidal ideation and mental health problems.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cowbain, goomsoom, Cevapcici and 9 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
It will be funny if your post manages to gather lots of likes.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and TheSoulless
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Absolutely none of those would be of any use to me at all. Distraction/killing time/making sure people didn't suspect until I carried out my plan for my set date--sure. Stop? nope. Not even close.

I mean, if I was going to do something, nothing at all would stop me. If someone tried, I'd humor them with a smile, and be like 'do you feel better? like you tried? and like you don't feel guilty now?' because it wouldn't work.

But you know, that's what happens when someone who doesn't know what it's like, or someone who's time hadn't come up would think would work--which is fine. But stop someone who had no intent of living? nope. useless.

My opinion of course.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Sensei, BlueWidow and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Oh shit! Next time I wanna take my SN, I'll just walk it off! Shake off that suicide! Wanna hang myself today? Nahhh gonna plant some fucking daisys instead.
This is what annoys me, I know these things are meant in good will and the people posting have good intentions, but damn... It just shows that people have absolutely NO idea how to 1) communicate with someone who's suicidal and 2) have no idea what to suggest or do to stop them.
We're told to talk about our mental health, but we're met with these ideas. You don't tell someone with cancer to go walk it off, you shouldn't tell a suicidal person to do that either.

• Love
Reactions: TheBigBurden, cowbain, goomsoom and 13 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Oh shit! Next time I wanna take my SN, I'll just walk it off! Shake off that suicide! Wanna hang myself today? Nahhh gonna plant some fucking daisys instead.
This is what annoys me, I know these things are meant in good will and the people posting have good intentions, but damn... It just shows that people have absolutely NO idea how to 1) communicate with someone who's suicidal and 2) have no idea what to suggest or do to stop them.
We're told to talk about our mental health, but we're met with these ideas. You don't tell someone with cancer to go walk it off, you shouldn't tell a suicidal person to do that either.
Lol
I think the "good intentions" is a bit blurry. Like if one had good intentions, you wouldn't let them suffer. You wouldn't prolong their suffering.

Reactions: TheBigBurden, cowbain, LegaliseIt! and 4 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020

Yeah. Escapism is keeping me alive, but it just prolongs my life, not increasing its quality. It's sometimes quite painful to fall from the cloud castle.
Talking to a friend about it can be risky and why would someone want to talk to a crisis line? Taking a nap isn't necessarily going to solve things. It's just temporary.
Actually scratch that. All of these are ridiculous
True. The post is just part of the "better live a bad life than die" -mentality.

EDIT: I'm on mobile currently, so I'm messing up these replies and cringing at myself :D
Life rarely gives moments to relax, guess what happens when you're forcefully pulled out of your escapism (which most of these points are). Each and every time I'm painfully reminded of how shitty and boring this reality is and my urge to drive off a cliff becomes unbearable..
Same, that's the worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici, MiserableBastard1995, Shinbu and 3 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Yeah. Escapism is keeping me alive, but it just prolongs my life, not increasing its quality. It's sometimes quite painful to fall from the cloud castle.

True. The post is just part of the "better live a bad life than die" -mentality.

EDIT: I'm on mobile currently, so I'm messing up these replies and cringing at myself :D

Same, that's the worst.
Life and birth is a death cult. Why can't people just understand that non existence is better? You don't need to feel stressed and suicidal if you just didn't exist. :angry::hmph::meh:-_-

• Love
Reactions: R_N, MiserableBastard1995, BabyYoda and 5 others
forgettenloner

forgettenloner

Jan 11, 2020
The only reason for posting this is was probably to get some gold and karma. This isn't exactly uplifting to me. I mean, all that I do nowadays is play games, browse memes and watch anime. Also, "gardening"? Really?
View attachment 24424

1) go for a walk --> I do this often. I feel just as otracized and gawked at in public than I do in my own home.
2) look at memes -I feel like you didnt even try withj this one
3) lol ok what friends
4) ? again, wtf bro, thats like saying "Do u have a mid-life crisis? well why not watch some seinfeld!" fucking idiot
5) I live in a DENSE city in an apartment thanks for rubbing that in my face lmao
6) warm baths. yes. because nothing prevents suicide like a warm bath lmao
7) Id probably kill myself quicker if i had to watch perpetual anime
8)A nap is just not existing.imagine that - but forever. appealing right?
9) Lmao, suicidie hotlines are just interns. I would know. useless.

• Love
Reactions: Cevapcici, Deleted member 1496, MiserableBastard1995 and 4 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It seems like the poster on reddit was referring to teenage suicides (especially impulsive ones), and if so, then yes, there is some merit to it (even if I disagree with them). However, assuming that it is directed towards ALL suicidal people, including the rational and genuinely suicidal, then it's wrong. I agree with most people here that all of these things don't help our situation, it's merely a cope until things get too unbearable and we go forth and CTB.

In regards to the last item on the list, yeah fuck that, no sensible person who is dead set on CTB'ing would ever decide to call those dreadful (and dangerous) hotlines. Those hotlines are the antithesis of suicide and would only serve to make things much worse for the genuinely suicidal. This is especially true in the US where not only does the suicidal get taken (involuntarily and by force) into a hospital, treated like a prisoner, and then billed for an exorbitant amount of money for the services and treatment that he/she never agreed to (or were coerced into). If anything it only makes things much worse for the suicidal.

• Love
Reactions: Broken Chimera, MiserableBastard1995, TheDevilsAngel and 4 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
It seems like the poster on reddit was referring to teenage suicides (especially impulsive ones), and if so, then yes, there is some merit to it (even if I disagree with them). However, assuming that it is directed towards ALL suicidal people, including the rational and genuinely suicidal, then it's wrong. I agree with most people here that all of these things don't help our situation, it's merely a cope until things get too unbearable and we go forth and CTB.
Coping mechanisms don't discriminate when it comes to age.

Reactions: cowbain, TheDevilsAngel, Shinbu and 2 others
FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
A life worth living cannot be built on just coping and escaping.

• Love
Reactions: TheBigBurden, cowbain, goomsoom and 12 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Reactions: TheBigBurden, TheDevilsAngel, woxihuanni and 3 others
FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
Thank you. I like that you are antinatalist and efilist.

• Love
Reactions: TheBigBurden, exhausted and WhyIsLife56
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
Reactions: Nemeshisu, Null84, WhyIsLife56 and 1 other person
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
There's too few of us these days. Well, probably more than before, but still.
I searched through the threads a while back and there used to be a lot discussions on both antinatalism and efilism. Now there's not a lot unfortunately.

Reactions: Nemeshisu and TheSoulless
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
What's efilism?
The Efil in Efilism is "Life" spelled backwards. Its a philosophy thats build on the fact that every life form is suffering and should go extinct. Like the whole universe should disappear kind of thing. So that nothing ever exists. Ever again.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, Céu Azul, MiserableBastard1995 and 3 others
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
The Efil in Efilism is "Life" spelled backwards. Its a philosophy thats build on the fact that every life form is suffering and should go extinct. Like the whole universe should disappear kind of thing. So that nothing ever exists. Ever again.
Ah, I think I might've heard of it, actually. So it's basically antinatalism taken to it's logical conclusion.

Reactions: Astral Storm, MiserableBastard1995, Shinbu and 3 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
Ah, I think I might've heard of it, actually. So it's basically antinatalism taken to it's logical conclusion.
That's actually a good way of putting it.

Reactions: Null84 and BooGirl
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
I made a thread about it here

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/life-and-existence-is-a-burden.28227/

Reactions: TheSoulless
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
View attachment 24424
EDIT: there's more!
View attachment 24467
No, you wouldn't miss me, no, it doesn't necessarily get better, no, there's not always a reason to live, and no, I am not amazing.

Some of the reasons are repeated with different words, and one reason actually is "your kids will never be born". That seems like a positive to me.
I think those people are living on a different planet.

Reactions: TheSoulless
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Nope, bringing my husband back from the dead and regaining my former life is still not on the list, so. . . . None of these are going to work for me. :meh:

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cevapcici, Nemeshisu, WhyIsLife56 and 2 others
Grandexit

Grandexit

Experienced
Dec 4, 2019
Instructions unclear. Going to take a bath with a plugged in xbox. Afterwards, will take walk into path of speeding bus. Hoping to end day taking dirt nap in garden.:ohh:

forced lifers are breathtakingly stupid.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cowbain, Broken Chimera, exhausted and 4 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Instructions unclear. Going to take a bath with a plugged in xbox. Afterwards, will take walk into path of speeding bus. Hoping to end day taking dirt nap in garden.:ohh:

forced lifers are breathtakingly stupid.
I think what you said were the instructions ;)

L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
"Suicide Crisis Line" is the worst advice you can give. They are awful. Terrible.

Reactions: cowbain, Cevapcici and MiserableBastard1995
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
Was about to go in but realised that it doesnt really matter. I just eye roll at peoples attempt to "motivate" people who are depressed.

Reactions: cowbain, lofistos345 and MiserableBastard1995