• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
Agree or not.. I will always believe that money can buy happiness.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: sserafim, eatantz, Nlis2244 and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Money buys you the opportunity for happiness because you escape wage slavery. It doesn't guarantee happiness, though.

Reactions: Looking, HereTomorrow, Villager_37 and 5 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
It didn't for me. It may for others.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Even with all the money in the world and best access to top doctors, the medical industry can hardly cure any illnesses. Modern health improvements are 90% due to sanitation. The rest, a few miracle cures like insulin, antibiotics and vaccines.. whose inventors said should be freely available to all who need it. But cancers, amputations, depression, even lumbar backpain are hardly curable even by the most expensive care. And guess what... having all the money in the world does not make up for unsound health and living in pain every day.

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, Skathon, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
bearbrikk

bearbrikk

May 2, 2024
Even with all the money in the world and best access to top doctors, the medical industry can hardly cure any illnesses. Modern health improvements are 90% due to sanitation. The rest, a few miracle cures like insulin, antibiotics and vaccines.. whose inventors said should be freely available to all who need it. But cancers, amputations, depression, even lumbar backpain are hardly curable even by the most expensive care. And guess what... having all the money in the world does not make up for unsound health and living in pain every day.
Nah, not good enough. If you take these diseases, especially with cancer. There are so many clinical trials that are evidently working, and most of the time only money will get you a spot. A shot at living. And let's be real there is medicine we don't know about that cures some of these diseases. Sick people bring in money, it is simply that way. Even if its true what you suggest, you can buy all the sedatives in the world and go out relaxed and easy, no thought behind it.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, sserafim, DefinitelyReady and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Nah, not good enough. If you take these diseases, especially with cancer. There are so many clinical trials that are evidently working, and most of the time only money will get you a spot. A shot at living. And let's be real there is medicine we don't know about that cures some of these diseases. Sick people bring in money, it is simply that way. Even if its true what you suggest, you can buy all the sedatives in the world and go out relaxed and easy, no thought behind it.
No, chemo and radiation are still the best shots at "curing" most cancers. The clinical trials with new treatments are offered (to the rich) only after the standards don't work. The rich still come out "cured" from cancer treatments with horrible side effects. And the rich don't go out easily because they can afford sedatives. They still have to struggle to fight SI and overdose the correct way for it to be successful. But I agree, they have an easier way obtaining access to assisted euthanasia and so on. Don't get me wrong, there is truth in your post. It's just, I don't have much faith in medical science. They are far from curing most diseases, and these diseases don't discriminate against poor and rich. Look up the book Medical Nihilism by Jacob Stegenga.

bearbrikk

bearbrikk

May 2, 2024
No, chemo and radiation are still the best shots at "curing" most cancers. The clinical trials with new treatments are offered (to the rich) only after the standards don't work. The rich still come out "cured" from cancer treatments with horrible side effects. And the rich don't go out easily because they can afford sedatives. They still have to struggle to fight SI and overdose the correct way for it to be successful. But I agree, they have an easier way obtaining access to assisted euthanasia and so on. Don't get me wrong, there is truth in your post. It's just, I don't have much faith in medical science. They are far from curing most diseases, and these diseases don't discriminate against poor and rich. Look up the book Medical Nihilism by Jacob Stegenga.
I totally agree with you on that.
And obviously, I am speaking for myself. I can think of tons of situations where money isn't even a thing.

DolerDolerDoler

DolerDolerDoler

Jun 4, 2024
money doesn't buy happiness, it just gets rid of one of the greatest sources of unhappiness. Which therefore in a practical sense, makes it a way to 'buy' happiness for the majority of people

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, sserafim and Skathon
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Money can buy the things that make people happy! I strongly believe in that bc all of my problems are a result of lack of money.

But there are many things money cannot buy and in such a case money neither makes happy nor can it buy happiness.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It can buy some things that can make you happy but usually the process of acquiring that money requires paying some happiness into it first like some sort of tax whether that's by working or selling your soul or some other condition that can make the money ultimately seem not worth it or at least neutral.

Reactions: enduringwinter and Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Money can buy security and material things that could make you happy or give the illusion of happiness but I believe the best things in life are free.

Reactions: Skathon and Praestat_Mori
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Money can't solve my problems

Reactions: Cinnamorolls and enduringwinter
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
I've been fantasizing a lot about being wealthy recently. I don't think it would make me happy, but at least i'd have many less things to worry about, and would probably be less suicidal.

Reactions: Ichigo and Cinnamorolls
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Money can buy my happiness!!!

Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
It won't fix underlying issues and health but it gives freedom and options, for me it won't give me true happiness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Cinnamorolls and Skathon
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Money can buy many things but it can't buy the most important thing, which is love. I could wake up as a millionaire tomorrow but still wouldn't have familial love or romantic love in my life, so I would still be sad.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ichigo, Praestat_Mori and DefinitelyReady
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
maybe, but there are wealthy people who commit suicide. and most wealthy people aren't happy, but are cruel, selfish and inhumane low-life, pull up the ladder types. so maybe happiness isn't the right word.

One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
Money can't buy happiness but it's better to cry in a Benz than on a bicycle.

A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
If you're healthy, having money is a lot better than not having it. But, in my case, it makes no difference. I've wasted a lot on private doctors who still ignored, dismissed and, for the most part, did as little as possible to save me. My body is now twisted and torn and I'll never have anything that even closely resembles quality of life. For me, being independent, able to take care of myself and have a normal, everyday life, was all that mattered. It's not coming back. I could die slowly. Hire someone to take care of me (already have food brought to my house and a cleaning lady) and go on dying slowly. I don't want it! More than the physical pain, I'm dying of the pain of having lost the only thing that truly mattered to me. Yesterday went to the hospital and was told once again that there's no hope. For the past 2 years I was in deep stress trying to find someone who could save me. It's not going to happen. I already have the chemicals and only need to set up the final steps of my chosen process, in a few weeks I hope I'll be gone. I leave behind 4 houses and enough money to make some people commit murder... multiple times! What I have is not life, it's dying over and over again!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Agree or not.. I will always believe that money can buy happiness.
It doesn't buy happiness. What it does buy is freedom from certain kinds of worry and insecurity. That's not the same thing. I have experienced both poverty and (moderate) wealth, so I think I know what I am talking about here.

Reactions: landslide2, Artemisia and Praestat_Mori