SantasHelper

SantasHelper

Living the ‘gift’ of life
Apr 14, 2023
I like to vent a lot, I know.

I split up from my bestfriend. We were in a situationship kind of deal, nearly 2 years. I decided to split up because I felt like things weren't the same anymore and its been that way for months. Probably since December. It felt really one sided, eventually I was giving more affection than I was giving them. I miss him a lot. I told them everything, and I haven't felt this way for someone in years. They made me feel listened to, they made me feel something when I felt numb for many years. I miss how they were but now they're a ghost who haunts me. I don't really feel like I'm good enough in any way because of this.

I know it's my fault. At the time I was thinking that maybe I would feel better considering I was somewhat miserable with them. Ever since I split up from them, my depression is slightly worse and CTB thoughts are louder, especially at night. I know that some people think a heartbreak isn't worth the CTB. I've even said so before in the past. I'm just trying to ride this out, cause I don't really want to CTB because of a weird split up.

Anyone else going through the same thing or have advice for me / anyone else going through something similar? I've been drinking and smoking and it gets tiring eventually.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: CTB Dream, charlotte_, StaticCryBabye and 1 other person
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
i am going through the same thing :') if i knew how to feel better & had advice to give i probably wouldn't be on sasu honestly, but i'm here to commiserate and assure you that you aren't alone

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm afraid I don't have any advice. I've always been single- although I have pretty much lost close friends who were close to me. Plus- I've had obsessive crushes to get over (limerance.) All I would say is- don't belittle yourself or your feelings. You felt safe and close to this person. You're bound to feel upset that that's gone. The other one is such a cliche- but time. The more time passes, the easier it is to forget I think. I'm sorry and I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Embalmer

Embalmer

Apr 29, 2023
I like to vent a lot, I know.

I split up from my bestfriend. We were in a situationship kind of deal, nearly 2 years. I decided to split up because I felt like things weren't the same anymore and its been that way for months. Probably since December. It felt really one sided, eventually I was giving more affection than I was giving them. I miss him a lot. I told them everything, and I haven't felt this way for someone in years. They made me feel listened to, they made me feel something when I felt numb for many years. I miss how they were but now they're a ghost who haunts me. I don't really feel like I'm good enough in any way because of this.

I know it's my fault. At the time I was thinking that maybe I would feel better considering I was somewhat miserable with them. Ever since I split up from them, my depression is slightly worse and CTB thoughts are louder, especially at night. I know that some people think a heartbreak isn't worth the CTB. I've even said so before in the past. I'm just trying to ride this out, cause I don't really want to CTB because of a weird split up.

Anyone else going through the same thing or have advice for me / anyone else going through something similar? I've been drinking and smoking and it gets tiring eventually.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.
I have been in the exact same situation before and I can PROMISE you they are not worth CTB over. It's extremely understandable to miss how they once made you feel, but the fact that even you can recognize that you were slightly miserable with them is enough proof that they changed, not you. These feelings are completely normal to have even if they seem overwhelming, but I promise they will pass and there are better people out there that will make you feel like you are the only thing that matters in the whole world. As cheesy and overused this advice is, it's what helped me, the right person will come along eventually. I wish you the best <3

• Love
Reactions: SantasHelper