H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
There has been so much suffering of conscious beings due to millions of years of natural selection for us to get where we are. Natural selection does not care about the suffering of unfit ones as it doesn't stop natural selection from taking place.

We now have N, but access to it is denied to us. Why? Beings on earth now have a way to make existence something that is always pleasant - by giving the unfit volunteers an option to choose a peaceful death. Instead the unfit ones are forced to stay here, suffer, potentially procreate and give life to more unfit individuals introducing more suffering of conscious beings into this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Prime0, thankyou, Life interrupted and 13 others
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
It seems to be the case that those who are against choice have a hard time conceptualizing what a whole life of debilitating chronic illness is like, whether physical or mental.

• Hugs
Reactions: thankyou, heavyeyes, honkpilleddoomer and 7 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Yea see all awfl thing hpn all,type sffria, all awfl, see injury damage, species keep all sffr aqful species

• Love
Reactions: Ravel, unnormal9, myusername890 and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's a very difficult issue to deal with. Truly rational suicide only affects a minority of the population, so the easy thing has been to let the religious lobby groups dictate policy.

Most people would be distressed to even acknowledge that situations like this exist. They protect themselves by turning their backs on it, just as they do with other not-nice things, from factory farming to world hunger, from sweatshop labour to sewerage. It's worth noting that other societies, such as ancient Rome, had far more reasonable policies.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, YandereMikuMistress, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it's perfectly logical wishing to be free from all suffering, there is just too much pain in this world and anyway not everyone wants to endure this futile process, some people have enough awareness to recognise that existence is a harmful consequence of evolution where we are only destined to be tortured by old age. It really disgusts me how Nembutal isn't legalised as humans don't deserve to go through a brutal and risky suicide, but the problem is that the society needs slaves and of course selfish people wish to force others to suffer.

• Love
Reactions: unnormal9, TAW122, YandereMikuMistress and 3 others
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
This makes me mad,
I just wish for a better end then what I have planned for so far,,
it's just saddening,
we've gotta suffer living
or we must suffer a painful death,,
not that i really had any hope for some kinda peaceful death either,
Though I still longed for it,,
nothing I can do
but abide
by what options I have.

pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
I think anti-choicers don't want to accept that this world is unbearably painful for some, that resources are unfairly distributed and things are bad enough for many that they would prefer not to exist. I think it threatens their rosy world view. And like any threat, they seek to stamp it out.

Reactions: Prime0, honkpilleddoomer, HadItAll and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is a good perspective and observation. As a result of people who are forced to suffer, they eventually resort to their primal urges and instincts. Like if an animal is cornered, it would act and perhaps not in a good way...

Reactions: HadItAll
D

Dreadle

Apr 2, 2023
The human race has conquered survival of the fittest which the repercussions are beginning to become much more prominent and will continue to get worse unless we're allowed to control our destiny. People living beyond their expiry date, poorer quality of life, overpopulation and more people living in suffering then ever before.
Quantity over quality - the gov and companies need corporate bodies to farm money. Which means the quality of the population is spread thin and will eventually come a point where everyone will have some health problem.
Humans have always used selective breeding and population control over animals, why doesn't this apply to humans? Why can't we control our destiny?

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This is a genuine question: why do you consider suicidal people to be unfit?

Some suicidal people still have a certain chance to improve upon their weaknesses and to contribute; this is one of the reasons why we are denied the right to death: because from a societal perspective (not my own) we are squandering our potential, so we are not necessarily unfit. I prefer to take an alternate perspective: if an individual is feeling suicidal due to mistreatment, for example, then it is their current environment which is unfit, as human beings have not evolved to be content with needless suffering and sadistic behavior - no organism capable of feeling complex emotions has.

Reactions: Dreadle and John12
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
This is a genuine question: why do you consider suicidal people to be unfit?

Some suicidal people still have a certain chance to improve upon their weaknesses and to contribute; this is one of the reasons why we are denied the right to death: because from a societal perspective (not my own) we are squandering our potential, so we are not necessarily unfit. I prefer to take an alternate perspective: if an individual is feeling suicidal due to mistreatment, for example, then it is their current environment which is unfit, as human beings have not evolved to be content with needless suffering and sadistic behavior - no organism capable of feeling complex emotions has.
There are certain health conditions that are incurable and chronic with devastating effects. Some situations are in fact hopeless. What if someone has a progressive incurable debilitating chronic illness with zero support and is all alone. Homeless and destitute and too sick to support themselves. Go to a homeless shelter? Do yoga?

Reactions: HadItAll
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
There are certain health conditions that are incurable and chronic with devastating effects. Some situations are in fact hopeless. What if someone has a progressive incurable debilitating chronic illness with zero support and is all alone. Homeless and destitute and too sick to support themselves. Go to a homeless shelter? Do yoga?
You have misunderstood my post. I never said that everyone's situation can be improved - I said some. Suicide is not a "black and white" issue; if you have read my previous posts in other threads, (you have not), then you will understand that I acknowledge that things cannot always get better for certain people, and that life is not always "sunshine and rainbows" as some people put it. Regardless: it is up to the individual in question to decide if it is worth the time and effort to continue existing; irrespective of whether or not their situation can be improved. Also: I am not against somebody choosing to end their life even if their issues can be resolved either; I am pro-choice. I was arguing that society is against people discarding their potential (if they have any), and not me.

My post above was arguing against what I perceived as a Darwinian belief in the original post, because I do not believe that suicidal people are "weak" in a social or emotional sense.

Last edited:
S

soldierbavaro

Oct 2, 2022
Seriously, is N the best option? is it 100% effective? What consequences can there be in case of failure?

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
There has been so much suffering of conscious beings due to millions of years of natural selection for us to get where we are. Natural selection does not care about the suffering of unfit ones as it doesn't stop natural selection from taking place.

We now have N, but access to it is denied to us. Why? Beings on earth now have a way to make existence something that is always pleasant - by giving the unfit volunteers an option to choose a peaceful death. Instead the unfit ones are forced to stay here, suffer, potentially procreate and give life to more unfit individuals introducing more suffering of conscious beings into this world.
You seem to be assuming that you are "unfit". (At any rate, that seems a reasonable inference from your post.) It's not nearly as simple as that. (I'm a biologist.) Some traits are adaptive in almost all circumstances. But most traits are adaptive in some circumstances but not others. Almost certainly, the genes that are causing problems for you now would be advantageous to you in different circumstances. (Putting it simply - perhaps a bit too simply - you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.) Traits that are maladaptive in all circumstances can not persist in a population at a rate higher than the mutation rate (which means they can not occur in more than about 1 person in 50,000). So don't blame yourself. Blame your environment, or your circumstances, or our present culture and way of life, or something else of that sort.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
You have misunderstood my post. I never said that everyone's situation can be improved - I said some. Suicide is not a "black and white" issue; if you have read my previous posts in other threads, (you have not), then you will understand that I acknowledge that things cannot always get better for certain people, and that life is not always "sunshine and rainbows" as some people put it. Regardless: it is up to the individual in question to decide if it is worth the time and effort to continue existing; irrespective of whether or not their situation can be improved. Also: I am not against somebody choosing to end their life even if their issues can be resolved either; I am pro-choice. I was arguing that society is against people discarding their potential (if they have any), and not me.

My post above was arguing against what I perceived as a Darwinian belief in the original post, because I do not believe that suicidal people are "weak" in a social or emotional sense.
Sorry, my bad. Damn brain fog! No reason to get your panties in a bunch đź’©