looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
the symptom list goes on and on and on... I know I shouldn't care if I'm going to take SN anyway, but the possibility of failing the SN and waking up with tardive dyskinesia terrifies me. and apparently, taking Seroquel/any other anti-psychotic alongside it increases the risk of all those shitty side effects. why is meto pushed so hard on here? domperidone seems to be MUCH safer (I see the irony in discussing the safety of an ae on here... but you get what I mean)

how can we determine if this AE is safe for us to take, as in, no long-term side effects? or is it a gamble?

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes and releasespieces
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I took Meto when I had problems with gallstones. I obviously didn't read the leaflet carefully enough because I had no idea about tardive dyskinesia! I get the impression it is more common in people who have taken it for prolonged periods but I suppose it is possible to develop a reaction immediately. I wonder just how quickly it would come on though- and whether the symptoms would be severe enough to prevent an attempt.

I do know what you mean by fearing surviving the attempt. Still- I would have thought the SN has potential to do more damage. I suppose my thinking is: Be ABSOLUTELY sure you want to do it when the time comes. Aborted attempts sound awful to me. Plus- do everything possible to make sure it succeeds. I'm contemplating a backup method but struggling as to what that could be.

Reactions: heavyeyes and looking_for_peace
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Has there ever been a documented case of someone developing tardive dyskinesia from one single dose? It seems that you'd have to take it consistently for quite a while and even then It's rare (I know the rarity of something doesn't matter if you're the one it happens to). I am not too put off by that fact especially since we're exposing ourselves to risk of we take the SN anyways.

releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
the symptom list goes on and on and on... I know I shouldn't care if I'm going to take SN anyway, but the possibility of failing the SN and waking up with tardive dyskinesia terrifies me. and apparently, taking Seroquel/any other anti-psychotic alongside it increases the risk of all those shitty side effects. why is meto pushed so hard on here? domperidone seems to be MUCH safer (I see the irony in discussing the safety of an ae on here... but you get what I mean)

how can we determine if this AE is safe for us to take, as in, no long-term side effects? or is it a gamble?
My understanding is that meto is slightly more effective than domperidone, but not nearly as safe. I'm right there with you, I've made multiple posts about this very same topic trying to understand why meto is pushed so hard when safer alternatives exist. One thing I do know is that meto crosses the blood brain barrier while domperidone doesn't. If I need an antiemetic I'm buying domperidone.
Has there ever been a documented case of someone developing tardive dyskinesia from one single dose? It seems that you'd have to take it consistently for quite a while and even then It's rare (I know the rarity of something doesn't matter if you're the one it happens to). I am not too put off by that fact especially since we're exposing ourselves to risk of we take the SN anyways.
Have you seen the effects of tardive dyskinesia? Not worth the gamble in the slightest, just introducing a new kind of hell if you fail to CTB.

looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I've only seen first-hand accounts on reddit and such, but yes, it seems 100% possible that someone could develop it from a single 10mg dose. they SAY it's incredibly rare, but to me, that is the same as "incredibly random"

Reactions: heavyeyes
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
It's pushed hard because why would you care about the unlikely side effects of an AE when you're ingesting a lethal poison with the intent to die? That is not especially logical. The whole point of the reccomendation is to produce the best chance of success and they believe it is the best AE for the job.

• Informative
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Another reason why some people may feel uncomfortable betting on meto compared to safer alternatives like domperidone is because I've read before some people like to test certain medication out before going through with their CTB plan, done so with meto then started experiencing some of its more unpleasant side effects.

It may seem like an odd thing to do but I kind of get it. You don't want to use an antiemetic during your CTB method only for it to fail for whatever reason and you vomit up anyways. If you don't want to put your hopes into medics getting to you quick enough to treat you, you'd have to make sure you vomit up enough of whatever poison you're taking to reduce chances of permanent damage.

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Yeah those side effects are scary.
Domperidone would be my ae of choice for that reason.

Reactions: emptyheart, heavyeyes and looking_for_peace