• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

KitKat456

May 18, 2019
After trying the tourniquet method and partial hanging, I found that it doesn't work for me because I don't know how to effectively compress my carotids. I've read up on a lot of different methods, but I think salt overdose sounds like a good one. Cardiac arrest, seizures, coma, and then death will result from this method if done properly. I want to take a salt dose that is much higher than the lethal dose so that death will hopefully be guaranteed. I think I'll dissolve about 600 g of salt in about 1.5 liters of water. Over the next few weeks, I'll practice chugging 1.5 liters of regular water just to get my stomach used to the feeling of so much liquid. Now, the big problem with this method is avoiding vomiting (the strong taste of salt will induce vomiting). Do you guys have any ideas on how to avoid vomiting with this method? I will do some experiments on how to protect my taste buds from the salt...I'll try saran-wrapping my tongue with some toothpaste, maybe even try rolling a flavored condom on my tongue to see if that will mask a strong salty taste. You guys have any other ideas for experiments?

Reactions: imsorrythatimhere and Indieblue
K

KitKat456

May 18, 2019
Salt overdose -> water fills and extends stomach -> vomit reflex seems to be the main reason why people vomit. I think that I'll limit the amount of salt solution I drink so that even if my stomach distends, I have less liklihood of vomitting. I'm thinking of mixing 300 grams of salt in 800 mL of water (this is the absolute minimum liquid required as salt solubility is 38 g/100 mL). From literature I read, anything over 25 grams of salt could be fatal for adults. I'm not too concerned about vomitting and not being able to overdose because a lot of the times when people died of hypernatremia, it was because they were given a concentrated salt solution to drink in order to induce vomitting/save them from a different drug overdose. So ironic lol.

I did an experiment drinking some concentrated salt solution (less than 100 mL) and I didn't feel like vomitting. I think this could be a viable method for me. Only issue with this method is that it could potentially take some time between overdose and death, and I could be rescued and brought to the hospital.

any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
I wish you good luck, but do not underestimate your body. 100 ml of a salty solution is nothing to worry about, but if you want to ingest ~ 1 L of a saturated salt solution you will be puking 100% or your body is severely malfunctioning.

To mask the taste I recommend to clip up your nose completely, you wont taste something until you breath through your nose again after you are done drinking. You could try with normal antiemetics like meto. But I would say let this go, it is kind of a wasted attempt most likely. Maybe go with SN, relatively cheap as well.

In any case my thoughts go out to you, rest easy.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Halo13
F

fister

Apr 11, 2019
Look on youtube - chubbyemu has posted a case history about a woman who tried to "cleanse" by drinking a liter of soy sauce.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and AngelGirl
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
Look on youtube - chubbyemu has posted a case history about a woman who tried to "cleanse" by drinking a liter of soy sauce.

Heh, I actually saw that one. I felt really bad for the woman. I believe she had some kind of mental illness.

Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
You could use less water but it wouldn't be totally dissolved, which means that it isn't the same smoothness as water, which isn't a problem for some people but would be a bigger problem for other people.

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
After trying the tourniquet method and partial hanging, I found that it doesn't work for me because I don't know how to effectively compress my carotids. I've read up on a lot of different methods, but I think salt overdose sounds like a good one. Cardiac arrest, seizures, coma, and then death will result from this method if done properly. I want to take a salt dose that is much higher than the lethal dose so that death will hopefully be guaranteed. I think I'll dissolve about 600 g of salt in about 1.5 liters of water. Over the next few weeks, I'll practice chugging 1.5 liters of regular water just to get my stomach used to the feeling of so much liquid. Now, the big problem with this method is avoiding vomiting (the strong taste of salt will induce vomiting). Do you guys have any ideas on how to avoid vomiting with this method? I will do some experiments on how to protect my taste buds from the salt...I'll try saran-wrapping my tongue with some toothpaste, maybe even try rolling a flavored condom on my tongue to see if that will mask a strong salty taste. You guys have any other ideas for experiments?
I found several pictures that have labels for your taste buds on your tongue. The pictures vary however the "salt" area is generally the same in each one. I can't see covering your tongue in a condom working because between the salt taste and condom 11390 seems like it'd just set off the urge to puke more.

Either way, I am extremely skeptical if this would work, especially not knowing how long it takes after ingestion til death. I wish you luck regardless.

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
There have been deaths at around 7g of sodium. 7g of sodium is not 7g of table salt, salt is composed of sodium and chlorine (and maybe a tiny amount of iodine, but I'm talking about the NaCl part). I think salt is ~2/3 sodium by weight. From what I've seen sodium overdose (a lot of people do it via soy sauce, you get a big bang for your buck with the liquid volume and not creating a "flush") it would be very painful and causes seizures.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I like soy sauce, but this is not a way I'd like to go...

Reactions: highlyvolatile and LMLN
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
There have been deaths at around 7g of sodium. 7g of sodium is not 7g of table salt, salt is composed of sodium and chlorine (and maybe a tiny amount of iodine, but I'm talking about the NaCl part). I think salt is ~2/3 sodium by weight. From what I've seen sodium overdose (a lot of people do it via soy sauce, you get a big bang for your buck with the liquid volume and not creating a "flush") it would be very painful and causes seizures.
Besides the seizures would it be painful in any other ways?

Do seizures really hurt that bad? I've involuntarily violently shaked a few times but idk if that approximates a seizure

If you were on a bed or some other soft surface like that I could see it potentially not hurting that much

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
That wouldn't be a seizure most likely. I'm not a seizure expert but I've had 3, and they hurt afterwards.
Brain shrinkage would probably be one of the worst headaches you could ever imagine, like maybe past real migraine territory. When you have a bad hangover, that is actually very minor brain shrinkage, that is what the headache comes from. Your stomach would be burning, but it would not be a high level of pain. Your whole body would feel very weird and possibly painful from the water being extracted from your neurons. You would probably lose your ability to see while you were still conscious. There are a litany of other symptoms possible from hypernatremia. The bad part is you will stay conscious for a long time, most likely.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Besides the seizures would it be painful in any other ways?

Do seizures really hurt that bad? I've involuntarily violently shaked a few times but idk if that approximates a seizure

If you were on a bed or some other soft surface like that I could see it potentially not hurting that much
It says it can cause cardiac arrest, nerve damage, paralysis, brain damage... A heart attack is definitely painful. This idea sounds more likely to make your life much worse than it might already be. Not something worth playing around with.

Reactions: highlyvolatile, TimeToBiteTheDust, LMLN and 1 other person
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
It says it can cause cardiac arrest, nerve damage, paralysis, brain damage... A heart attack is definitely painful. This idea sounds more likely to make your life much worse than it might already be. Not something worth playing around with.
Ideally you wouldn't be caught

But yeah that was just knowledge for if I was ever in a desperate situation with no alternative and a lot of time where I wouldn't be noticed

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It just seems like way too much water. If it were me, I wouldn't use more than 100 ml of water.

Have you tested to see if drinking a small amount of salt water will induce vomiting? I tested a sip of 25 g sea salt in 50 ml water, no vomiting but other similar symptoms to SN. I flushed with water and electrolytes and recovered pretty quickly, I have a detailed journal here on SS about it. Not recommending you test as I did, just throwing ideas out there.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
It just seems like way too much water. If it were me, I wouldn't use more than 100 ml of water.

Have you tested to see if drinking a small amount of salt water will induce vomiting? I tested a sip of 25 g sea salt in 50 ml water, no vomiting but other similar symptoms to SN. I flushed with water and electrolytes and recovered pretty quickly, I have a detailed journal here on SS about it. Not recommending you test as I did, just throwing ideas out there.
I felt fine after 25g of salt in 50ml water the other day personally

Reactions: highlyvolatile and TimeToBiteTheDust
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
I did that and puked. It was an awful taste. Didn't take any AE.
I didn't think it was that bad

First sip (before just downing it) was wildly salty though

Edit: Wait, I had two teaspoons, is that actually around 25g? That's what this board made it seem like, but this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5537768/ says that 25g of table salt is like 4 tablespoons

That's apparently the lethal amount (I have no clue what the most relatively painless amount would be)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fthis
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You can buy salt in 1g tablets. I take one a day for low blood pressure. They start Dissolving before swallowed, so I assume they break down fast in the stomach.

This would be an awful way to die.

paroxyical

paroxyical

you dont have to understand to accept.
Feb 15, 2020

People use a regime of antiemetics and antacids for SN... surely could work similarly for salt?

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected and GoodPersonEffed
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah I have those salt tablets too for POTS, and if I'm working outside in the summer I take more than I'm probably supposed to, and while on an empty stomach, and I can feel it burning. Definitely not what I'd describe as pain but some people might.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
To be honest I could bet 1000$ that you won't drink 600g of salt. People in here can't even drink like 20g of SN, which is salt. Sincerely I wish you to find a peaceful way to CTB or just happiness in your life.

Reactions: LMLN
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I think you will vomit before you can attain death. You would likely have permanent brain damage in the end. Do not recommend this method.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Yeah I have those salt tablets too for POTS, and if I'm working outside in the summer I take more than I'm probably supposed to, and while on an empty stomach, and I can feel it burning. Definitely not what I'd describe as pain but some people might.
What would happen if you took SN on a somewhat-filled stomach? Would it hurt less?

Or is it like it hurts less but it takes longer to go unconscious?

I guess no one knows

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
What would happen if you took SN on a somewhat-filled stomach? Would it hurt less?

Or is it like it hurts less but it takes longer to go unconscious?

I guess no one knows
I think if you have something in your stomach, the SN will just take longer to absorb. That will just extend any suffering.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
I think you will vomit before you can attain death. You would likely have permanent brain damage in the end. Do not recommend this method.
That might be true

Apparently in Asia it happens sometimes though--which doesn't necessarily indicate if that means it's somewhat painless or excruciating

The college kid who drank a quart of soy sauce apparently started seizing pretty quick and then fell into a coma (they weren't explicit to what degree the paramedics helped induce it)

They weren't clear on how much pain he had

The one article about a blogger girl had a doctor say that "there's no way a normal person should have been able to choke that down", and then there was a vague article about a middle-aged woman in Japan that committed suicide with soy sauce but they didn't describe the pain
I think if you have something in your stomach, the SN will just take longer to absorb. That will just extend any suffering.
Maybe the other pills will just have to mitigate the experience of the empty stomach

I wish we didn't have to worry so much about the specifics and could just pass on (Sodium Nitrite seems a lot simpler than very many other things though)

Last edited:
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
slightly off topic but i drank salt water in hopes of just throwing up.

Fthis

Fthis

-
Dec 8, 2020
Is this method loud? If not I don't care about the pain, I'm ending it right here right now.

• Love
Reactions: oversizedsweaters