hakureii

hakureii

Jul 16, 2024
I've been using the internet for some time and I rarely see men who do SH, being one of them, I wanted to know if there are men here who also do this

• Hugs
Reactions: davidtorez and Ash
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Not a man, but you can find plenty of men in some SH communities online:

sadfemboy:(

sadfemboy:(

Jun 24, 2024
I've been using the internet for some time and I rarely see men who do SH, being one of them, I wanted to know if there are men here who also do this
I have several times on my thigh and it felt good at the time. But now thinking about how close I am to peace excites me more. I definitely now understand why people do it, but covering up is difficult and if anyone brought it I wouldn't be comfortable >.<

Reactions: davidtorez
S

spentspirit

Jun 21, 2024
I used to SH on my thigh a lot, but mostly my SH was psychological. I would manipulate others into hurting me, or I would hurt others because it hurt me (when I was so hurt). I have borderline personality disorder, among other things.

Reactions: davidtorez
hakureii

hakureii

Jul 16, 2024
I have several times on my thigh and it felt good at the time. But now thinking about how close I am to peace excites me more. I definitely now understand why people do it, but covering up is difficult and if anyone brought it I wouldn't be comfortable >.<
i hope u find ur peace, if you want to talk im here for you
I used to SH on my thigh a lot, but mostly my SH was psychological. I would manipulate others into hurting me, or I would hurt others because it hurt me (when I was so hurt). I have borderline personality disorder, among other things.
don't hurt other people. You are a good person, you prefer to take your pain out on yourself rather than on others, and I'm proud of you for that

Last edited:
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Not sure if it counts since I only do it like every other week and never hard enough to leave lasting damage but I bite my arms sometimes

лост ин спасэ

лост ин спасэ

Jun 16, 2024
Whats the best way to hide scars on ur thighs if ur wearing clothing that makes them visible? Kinda struggle to find a solution

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I'm male and did sh. Three periods in my life when in very deep depression. Started as a way to practice cutting myself on non vital areas so I could gain courage to move on to vital areas. Then I learned how addictive it is. Haven't done it in 10 years because I can't hide the scars from my wife. The best part for me was slathering alcohol based sanitizer on the wound. I just love that feeling of alcohol on open wounds.
Usually I would cut on my arms but have also done chest and ankles. Still have some light scars to remember the actions but most people aren't able to tell unless they really look close.

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
I did when I was younger. The ones on my wrist are the worst; they're from when I first started and didn't know how to minimize scarring and before I knew better than to do it somewhere visible. I still get self-conscious about them. Even in 90 degree weather I will still wear long sleeves

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr
S

SMG08ABUSER

I got no iPhone
Dec 20, 2023
As a man, I did SH a few months ago. Had a really bad episode one day and I used a dirty boxcutter from work. This was an INCREDIBLY stupid idea in retrospect. Got super lucky that none of my wounds got infected. I didn't cut that deep, so the scars have fully healed and they are no longer visible on my arms.

This sounds really fucked up, but it felt really good to me in the moment. Not really sure how to describe it to be honest. It was the most oddly cathartic experience I have ever had in my life.

This is something that I will likely keep with me to the grave. Never telling anyone I know IRL about this.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
Yes, I'm currently doing it and the last time I checked I was male. @EvisceratedJester tried to warn me off of it but I wanted to know what it felt like. It's addictive. I've done enough to my upper left arm and am thinking about switching to my upper right arm (so the sleeves of my shirt hide the scars).

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yes, I'm currently doing it and the last time I checked I was male. @EvisceratedJester tried to warn me off of it but I wanted to know what it felt like. It's addictive. I've done enough to my upper left arm and am thinking about switching to my upper right arm (so the sleeves of my shirt hide the scars).
As addictive as it is, I think it would be best to try and stop it now, while its still early. It'll only become harder to quit the longer you keep on doing it for.

• Informative
Reactions: amnesia999, CatLvr, Heavy Rain and 1 other person
Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
I've developed a habit with hitting myself, or more like slapping (I guess) myself in the head sometimes, when I get really really frustrated/anxious etc
I googled why I did it, and apparently it counts under the category of "self harm"
But I'm priveliged it's just that I guess
Worst thing that happens so far is that I get a headache and gets dizzy
Thankfully, cutting really scares me

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kinderbueno
potablewater784

potablewater784

Lurker
Jun 22, 2022
It might be less among among men, but you aren't alone. I (also male) used to cut my legs (although the cuts were fairly shallow). I don't remember particularly enjoying it, but it did help validate my emotions. Before, it felt kind of like I was "faking depression", if that makes sense.

That said, please be careful to avoid any damage you may later regret.

Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
I'm male, I just hit myself, no addiction. But I think self cutting is something not comprehensible for me.

Last edited:
Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
I never self-harmed. I don't hate myself or want to hurt myself in any way before suicide, I hate that this world is such a evil place that it brings me to this decision. I just can't stand all the suffering.

itsactuallyover127

itsactuallyover127

Aug 1, 2024
As a male, I tried cutting myself when I was like 10 years old but never tried it again cause I didn't get the appeal. Now here I am, a decade later almost, I resulted to other methods like breaking things, slamming my head against the wall, neglecting my health, deleting or throwing things I worked hard on... these are all forms of self-harm but they aren't as recognized as cutting i feel like.

amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
As addictive as it is, I think it would be best to try and stop it now, while its still early. It'll only become harder to quit the longer you keep on doing it for.
Good advice. We'll see! Tbh I've been looking forward to slicing my arm all day long...

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester