suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
Do you guys have any memorabilia that you own from a very dim period in your life? Or even during a happy period?

This could be art that you made during this time, a gift someone gave you, something you found on a walk, something that broke, something you bought, etc.

Any item that brings up memories of a certain time, or one that reminds you of an exact moment, good or bad.

I have a few, one being my socks from the in-patient ward after an attempt. With the white zig-zag grips and the cherry red fabric that feels like lint.
Also the sketchbook I took with me at the ward, and drew in every day to keep occupied. I remember when, where, and why I did each drawing, most to stop me from self harming.

I have a pamphlet from one of my friend's funerals from last October, which I remember holding much too tightly.

I kept thumbing through the pages in my lap while the ceremony was held, and I distinctly remember everything about how the day was, and how the ceremony went. All the trees were bright yellow and orange, and everything smelled like petrichor.

On a light note, I have a dried flower that my crush gave me last year at a festival. They had to end the festival early because it was pouring sheets of rain.

He stopped me in the middle of trying to find us someplace dry, grabbing this bright blue dyed daisy that was sitting on a tree, which he placed behind my ear before continuing on casually.

Similarly, I have a pocketwatch he gifted me that same day, that I wore and used every day until it broke last September.

Feel free to post a picture of whatever memorabilia you have as well!

here's the pocket watch c:
20200414 055932 20200414 060001

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall