D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
This is undoubtedly a stupid question...but hey...these little things niggle me...

The members online section at the bottom of the page...what determines the order top to bottom?
Why am I always at or near the top? Is everyone else's name at the top for them?

Reactions: Green Destiny and Darkhaven
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yes, I'm always at the top.

Edit: Weird, this is the first time I've been the third person listed and not the first.

one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I think it has something to do with when they are last seen as "online/active"

Reactions: Green Destiny, mesohappy and Woodnote
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I checked - it displays my username first also, on the top always.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'd assumed that yes, that each user is at the top of the stack and the others are in login order.
But sometimes I'm not at the top of the stack but two or three down.
Maybe the script that controls that needs time to catch up between page refreshes?
Yes, I'm always at the top.

Edit: Weird, this is the first time I've been the third person listed and not the first.
Exactly. Weird.

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I'd assumed that yes, that each user is at the top of the stack and the others are in login order.
But sometimes I'm not at the top of the stack but two or three down.
Maybe the script that controls that needs time to catch up between page refreshes?

Exactly. Weird.

I do not think it is the login order, but more of when they were last seen as active. Doing something in the forum, posting or going from one thread to another etc etc
Just my observation.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I do not think it is the login order, but more of when they were last seen as active. Doing something in the forum, posting or going from one thread to another etc etc
Just my observation.
Yes that would account for the subjectivity. If you are checking the members online then you must be active. So if you are inactive you slip down the order but obviously won't see it. Good answer.

See, I knew there was an answer, I wasn't just being odd.

Next question...if a tree falls in the woods and there is no one around to hear it...:tongue:

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Yes that would account for the subjectivity. If you are checking the members online then you must be active. So if you are inactive you slip down the order but obviously won't see it. Good answer.

See, I knew there was an answer, I wasn't just being odd.

Next question...if a tree falls in the woods and there is no one around to hear it...:tongue:

Mouse over the names and it shows you last seen. Recent ones seem to be at the top of the list. Again.. that's just what i have noticed.

The tree still falls :blarg:
You never finished that question though.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I am always first when I check who's online. What I would like to know how come I see some members post but they are not online - can you choose to hide yourself?

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I am always first when I check who's online. What I would like to know how come I see some members post but they are not online - can you choose to hide yourself?

Yes you can Muahahahahaha

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Mouse over the names and it shows you last seen. Recent ones seem to be at the top of the list. Again.. that's just what i have noticed.

The tree still falls :blarg:
You never finished that question though.
I've noticed that I always seemed to pay attention to the list on mobile so no mouse. I'll check tomorrow on pc. I think you have it though.

I didn't finish that question did I? I prefer to leave my rhetorical questions in a state of tautological superposition.
Yes. Muahahahaha.

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I've noticed that I always seemed to pay attention to the list on mobile so no mouse. I'll check tomorrow on pc. I think you have it though.

I didn't finish that question did I? I prefer to leave my rhetorical questions in a state of tautological superposition.

Yes. Muahahahaha.

What the.... ?

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020

I don't use my phone for this so i'm not sure how that would work. Let me know your finds on your PC though. I'm curious.

Then i gave you my answer. The tree still falls :pfff:
What the.... ?

You seemed a bit confuzzled on this

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Lol synchronised maniacal laughter :hihi:

Reactions: one4all
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
You seemed a bit confuzzled on this

To tell you the truth I don't understand half of what's going on around here. I am just along for the ride and the potato gifs.

Reactions: MoreThanAFeeling and one4all
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Ohhh the humanity!
To tell you the truth I don't understand half of what's going on around here. I am just along for the ride and the potato gifs.

Ohhh no!!!! I sense and over run of potatos!!!
Yeah i just go with the follow and cause some trouble here and there to spice it up :pfff:

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
What does your tag line mean, @one4all ?

Reactions: Brink
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@one4all

That signifies death, I think. But the "it will go away" part can mean any number of things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018

Reactions: Final Escape and Eurus
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
That signifies death, I think. But the "it will go away" part can mean any number of things.
It is actually a lyric from a song.

For me it means i can pay Charon the toll to enter the underworld. It will go away.. all that i wanted to leave behind, my pain, my sorrow, my regrets and my life.

You are running out of mushroom Gifs :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: MoreThanAFeeling, Deleted member 1465 and Epsilon0
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
@one4all

I thought it was a reference to Charons Obul
It is actually a lyric from a song.

For me it means i can pay Charon the toll to enter the underworld. It will go away.. all that i wanted to leave behind, my pain, my sorrow, my regrets and my life.

You are running out of mushroom Gifs :pfff:
No I'm keeping some in reserve for the appropriate context.:happy:
Nobody shakes it like @Underscore
Now I understand why women were all over you.
I wish.

Reactions: one4all and Epsilon0
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eurus, Epsilon0 and Deleted member 1465
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I've set mine to show as not online but i still get a green flashing thing on my profile, or is that just for me?.

As for name list at bottom, personally ive never taken any notice of it

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I've set mine to show as not online but i still get a green flashing thing on my profile, or is that just for me?.

As for name list at bottom, personally ive never taken any notice of it

I think you still show as online to yourself, not others though.

Reactions: Skathon and GoodPersonEffed
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Not sure if thats what Alice meant.. but that's what i got from it.

Ohhh i can't wait for those :pfff:

The reference for the tag. In case anyone is interested

Did anyone say Alice Cooper?!?!
\m/

Reactions: Eurus and one4all
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Eurus
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I didn't know the line came from that song. Cool :-)