• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023
Canada again delayed the MAID act for mental health until March 2027. What's everyone's opinion? There will likely be at least one or multiple suicides that could fail instead of a quiet peaceful goodbye surrounded by family. What does everyone think?

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: bettertosleep, psp3000, Forveleth and 4 others
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
Unrelated but I'm jealous you're in Canada with assisted suicide

Reactions: mywayout
MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

Mar 3, 2023
Unrelated but I'm jealous you're in Canada with assisted suicide
I'm from Belgium 🇧🇪 and I don't want to die its a must at this point ... the euthanasia procedure takes years here (I'm 2.5 years deep).

• Aww..
Reactions: mywayout, real human being and divinemistress36
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
Ok my bad, I saw Canada in the time and assumed

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
This doesn't surprise me. It's too ahead of its time.

Reactions: real human being
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I know of someone who went forward with assisted suicide in Canada earlier this year but they had a severe eating disorder with serious health complications, and they were likely going to die from their ED regardless of what life-saving interventions they received because they had already pushed their body well past the point of no return. They were already in hospice for a while. I think severe eating disorders are the only mental illness that qualify for MAID in Canada at the moment, because they come with physical health problems.

Reactions: Forveleth
A

art355

Sep 8, 2021
I don't think it looks good for euthanasia for mental illness in Canada. It looks like a Conservative government will be elected next and they have said they won't allow it.
I hope some people could put together a court challenge for the rights of those with mental illness to access MAID.

Reactions: noheart and EvisceratedJester
MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

Mar 3, 2023
I know of someone who went forward with assisted suicide in Canada earlier this year but they had a severe eating disorder with serious health complications, and they were likely going to die from their ED regardless of what life-saving interventions they received because they had already pushed their body well past the point of no return. They were already in hospice for a while. I think severe eating disorders are the only mental illness that qualify for MAID in Canada at the moment, because they come with physical health problems.
Did she die to the ED or to MAID?

B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
I'm from Belgium 🇧🇪 and I don't want to die its a must at this point ... the euthanasia procedure takes years here (I'm 2.5 years deep).
At least your country has a euthanasia procedure.
I take it you just have to wait for some more time and then they'll euthanize you?

I remember watching a program where a Belgian woman in her 30's with depression was euthanized by a doctor visiting her home and injecting her.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
That's so horrible and extremely cruel. All they are doing is causing more people to suffer so unnecessarily all for the sake of it, I find it an unacceptable tragedy how it's not already available for all, people should simply be able to die in peace when they wish to.

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
I'm irritated because only one person on the panel deciding these things has lived experience with mental health issues. There should be a variety of voices of people who desire an end to their life, not just one.

I'm also optimistic because I can tell they don't want to, but they haven't said no. Two delays is better than "no fuck you" and I grew up in the 90s still saying the Christian Lord's Prayer in school.