L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
anybody here wyth that nasty curse ? what you do to try help ypurself?

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile, mediocre, a_strange_day and 2 others
F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
I had sciatica before. and couldn't even walk for a while... anti inflammatories and lots of Valium helped. Especially the Valium.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, a_strange_day, Circles and 1 other person
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
I had sciatica before. and couldn't even walk for a while... anti inflammatories and lots of Valium helped. Especially the Valium.
thank u for the reply, how does vallum helps exactly, most of the payn for me ys local back payn , no scyatyca

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Smoke a lot of weed and take muscle relaxers. And sleep most importantly.

• Love
Reactions: Flora1, Cevapcici and lymbo
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Exercise and being physically active definitely helps. These days I walk 20km 5 days a week plus exercise including abs and 2 sets of deadlift with a trap-bar each week. Pain is nearly entirely gone. It always resurfaces when I stop with the regimen for more than a week.

Reactions: burnedCookie, mediocre, a_strange_day and 3 others
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
Exercise and being physically active definitely helps. These days I walk 20km 5 days a week plus exercise including abs and 2 sets of deadlift with a trap-bar each week. Pain is nearly entirely gone. It always resurfaces when I stop with the regimen for more than a week.
thanks, what were u dlagnosed wyth? what exercses u do

howard

howard

Experienced
Sep 13, 2019
I take pregablin and dihydrocodeine but nothing really works. Am due fusion surgery in next few months. This has a low chance of success. I'm not planning on going through with it as want to be long gone before it comes up.

• Love
Reactions: Circles and lymbo
F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
thank u for the reply, how does vallum helps exactly, most of the payn for me ys local back payn , no scyatyca
Valium is a muscle relaxant. I just know it helped me a lot x

• Love
H

Hollow men

Nov 13, 2019
Being very physically active helps a lot. I've always been very fit, but had lots of pain in my lower back and I started doing exercises focused on developing that area. It still hurts but definitely a lot less than before.

• Love
Reactions: a_strange_day, Circles and lymbo
F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
It is a horrible thing to have though I'm sorry xx

• Love
Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
There are a number of reasons for lower back pain, so it's essential you research and understand exactly the what is causing the pain. This will help to define the best ways to treat it. For a start, what is meant by 'lower back'? Do you mean the spine, discs, the muscles, the nerves, or a combination of these? Was the pain caused by an injury, or muscle weakness or some kind of hereditary deformation of a disc, or a disc problem such as compression? Many people talk about continued 'back pain' but don't realise that simple lower back muscle strengthening will all but address that pain. It is safe to say that some professional medical practitioners will readily prescribe medication for resultant pain, rather than properly research the route causes of your particular issue. I suffered 'back pain' for over a decade before starting at the gym and building my back muscles. Something I was too scared to do before, naively thinking it would further 'injure' my back. I have been pain free for years since. Muscles protect your spine, joints and nerves. In turn they help to reduce inflammation, another cause of pain and discomfort.

L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
Most probably my case ys from dlsk damage, MRl showed pathology at L5-s1, had a labour job and the payn started then, been flt before as well but now scared to go to the gym

F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
Most probably my case ys from dlsk damage, MRl showed pathology at L5-s1, had a labour job and the payn started then, been flt before as well but now scared to go to the gym
Is the pain part of your reasoning to ctb? Being on this site etc?

S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
That's cool. I've always been kind of arrogantly sceptical about the power of exercise, it's nice to be proved wrong. When it resurfaces though, is it weaker or it returns full blown in time, I mean does it heal to any extent?

L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
weed ls llegal where lm from, kynda headache to get lt
l mean not legal

S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
yes, the only reason actually
Shit, so sorry :( I've only had bad (not even really bad) back pain for a couple of weeks or so, got only a taste of it and omg how much it screwed with the quality of life and with my emotional state.

Reactions: lymbo
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I had sciatica for years after an accident. Nothing really helped, even anti imflamatories, some days I couldn't even walk. Then my depression got worse and I started taking more meds, Lorazepam was one of them and it helped a lot. But it's a benzo so you have to be careful, it also acts as a muscle relaxant. The game changer was physical activity though, I started to run and boxing and believe me or not, after some months sciatica was just a bad souvenir.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: burnedCookie, lymbo and Flora1
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
I had sciatica for years after an accident. Nothing really helped, even anti imflamatories, some days I couldn't even walk. Then my depression got worse and I started taking more meds, Lorazepam was one of them and it helped a lot. But it's a benzo so you have to be careful, it also acts as a muscle relaxant. The game changer was physical activity though, I started to run and boxing and believe me or not, after some months sciatica was just a bad souvenir.
dyd u got X ray

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
dyd u got X ray

Yes. The whole thing. But it was a long time ago, I was told there was nothing to do, that I had to live with it and learn how to manage it. I finally did it it but it took years. At that time Drs were saying that sport would just make things worse, but in my case they were wrong and I definitely think that physical activity helps a lot.

• Love
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
Yes. The whole thing. But it was a long time ago, I was told there was nothing to do, that I had to live with it and learn how to manage it. I finally did it it but it took years. At that time Drs were saying that sport would just make things worse, but in my case they were wrong and I definitely think that physical activity helps a lot.
why u want ro cbt ?

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
thanks, what were u dlagnosed wyth? what exercses u do

I never went to doctors about it. The pain first appeared one day when I was doing deadlifts with a straight bar. And I was like - fuck this pain, I'm gonna do despite it. Was a mistake. Following 6 minths I was barely able to bend down without much pain. It went down though and like I said exercise and physical activity keeps it at bay. I do basic exercises for all muscle goups (except legs, I figured walking keeps them fit, but still is about to begin exercising them too). Most important for back pain are those regulating torso movement. Ab crunches and most notably deadlifts for lower back muscles. I use trap-bar for deadlifts. Straight bar contributes to pain. In fact immediately after the pain first appeared I realized two contributing factors - not enough motivation doing the exercise and bar being straight one. Straight bar coupled with own's knees prevents hands from assuming natural position, creating stress on the back. Not enough motivation means movement is not energetic enough and I guess it shifts weight from muscles to bones and joints, creating the pain.

Walking is an excercise in itself. In fact I think it helps the most. During walking (expecially if there are ladders involved) lower back muscles work as well. They won't be loaded so heavily as with deadlift, but they still work.
That's cool. I've always been kind of arrogantly sceptical about the power of exercise, it's nice to be proved wrong. When it resurfaces though, is it weaker or it returns full blown in time, I mean does it heal to any extent?

I'm not really sure whether it healed. It never returned full blown as when it was first time I had it, I was screwed for 6 months. Only recently I was inactive for some prolonged period, it returned and I was like - 'fuck this shit is getting worse and worse'. Still then I resumed active lifestyle and after some time the issue is largely gone.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, lymbo, Circles and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Foam roller has helped me. Also that back ball... Plus ice. Plus sleeping on side with pillow in between knees. Also, make sure your hamstrings are nice and relaxed and lightly stretched -- tightness there affects low-back pain.

Attachments

• 58756532-hamstrings-muscles-anatomy-muscle-isolated-on-white-3d-illustration.jpg
    58756532-hamstrings-muscles-anatomy-muscle-isolated-on-white-3d-illustration.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • back-exercise-ball-634.jpg
    back-exercise-ball-634.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 11144cdb-423c-4c1b-bccc-af2cea823335-stocksy_txpb070d15347k100_small_1704436.jpg
    11144cdb-423c-4c1b-bccc-af2cea823335-stocksy_txpb070d15347k100_small_1704436.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 402145.png
    402145.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 5
  • images (15).jpeg
    images (15).jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 5
  • images (16).jpeg
    images (16).jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: HitchHiker, dominodux, mediocre and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Yes I have it very bad and I don't even know how because for several years I haven't done hardly any exercise or anything that could've triggered it. I also have abdominal pain. Maybe it could be from lying around all the time in a certain position but I doubt it. Never had any xrays or anything either there is a super long waiting list for them here so not much point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Flora1 and lymbo
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I had a horrible back event 2 years ago. Pinched nerve, maybe two. "They" basically dismissed it as sciatica. It was not. To me that is minor pain. This was the worst pain of my life and the whole thing took 10 weeks. Worst pain was first 3 weeks. A 7 day steroid pack stopped the pain and started the recovery. The human body cannot be in the same position for long periods of time. Standing too long, sitting too long, laying down too long, they all cause back problems.

D

dominodux

Nov 11, 2019

Did you evaluate surgery solution? I have friends that resolved with surgery, others with yoga.

• Love