• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What should we do?

• Continue as is and live with the loss

Votes: 214 68.6%
  • Restore the lost data from 8-31 to 9-7

Votes: 98 31.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There will be data loss either ways if the recovered data cannot be fully merged as far as I understand it. There will also be new threads and goodbye threads missing that were created in the past 2 days. Anyone who had important threads and msgs may use www.archive.org and check whether you can find contents there. This is probably also not optimal but better than nothing. I would continue as it is now.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
"8-31 to 9-7"...? Ah... It's supposed to be "31.08(.2023) to 07.09(.2023)". I didn't even understand what those numbers mean at first...
It is confusing. In the US - and maybe other places? - they put the month first and then the day. As in 9-11.

blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
Personally ide just let it go.. Wer all here and the forums at least working.. Does it matter if your post is deleted? Just do it again.

Reactions: Kerrtu
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
There may have been goodbye threads lost in all of that... I think it is important we recover the data so we can have those up, those were some people's final messages.
Edit: Oh, but it comes at the cost of all the goodbye threads that have been made now. This is really tricky and difficult... I'm not sure now.

kazewoatsumete

kazewoatsumete

hey come on and bury me!
Dec 11, 2022
i would just continue as is, i think most of us are over the data loss from 8/30-9/7 but i think a lot of people would be extremely upset to lose the things they posted after that, especially if they were trying to replace the data

O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I will preface this thought by noting that I am not smart, so I do not know if this is worth giving thought to.

First, some questions: Can the staff and members accept the loss of the posts made after September 7, 2023?

Note: I think that is roughly six to eight days of fresh posts or responses.

If losing the posts after the 7th is unacceptable, Is it possible to take the site offline, take a snapshot of posts created after September 7, 2023, and then merge those with the 8-31 to 9-7 restore, or is there still a data loss issue?

Is it possible to take the site offline, take a snapshot of posts created after September 7, 2023, and then merge those with the 8-31 to 9-7 restore, or is there still a data loss issue?

If that is not feasible, would the staff and members be open to disabling further posting on the site for thirty days and giving members the option to manually back up their current posts from September 7–14, 2023 (copy and paste them to Evernote or a note app on their machine), and then staff can restore the prior data after the thirty-day mark?

After which, members can re-post their threads, or will there still be posts lost?

It just seems like any choice leads to a sub-optimal outcome.

D

Deleted member 8975

If the private messages from chat are really gone, from years ago, then that changes the game and perhaps how people would have voted in this poll. If they are related. Losing two weeks worth of data was one issue. Losing years of pms? This is tragic and if the roll back could save those...I think it could change how some would have voted.

--

Oh for those unaware, it was recently discovered last time chat was up, that pms dating back years were missing and/or deleted.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
i would just continue as is, i think most of us are over the data loss from 8/30-9/7 but i think a lot of people would be extremely upset to lose the things they posted after that, especially if they were trying to replace the data
I'd ofc pick the third option, but given only two, we should keep moving on. It could cause unforseen problems restoring that backup, and just to go from 1 dataloss to another seems to defeat the entire purpose of restoring data in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
This is only slightly related. Is the sasu TOR site down also? I've tried searching for it again on the deepweb, all links show a 404 error. TOR is more robust against takedowns but still subject to server problems of course
So we're still trying to get back the lost data and merge it. But if we can't do that, we have to make a decision. There are two backups and it comes with a question. Should we restore the data loss from 8-31 to 9-7, which means we will lose everything that has happened since or should we we continue as is, which means we will lose all data from 8-31 to 9-7. In that case, nothing would change. I know it's not really optimal but in case we have to make a decision, what would you prefer? Either way, we would have to sacrifice something.

garota suicida

garota suicida

Sep 15, 2023
eu perdi a conta que tinha criado recentemente e fiquei triste pois tinha postado tópicos importantes pra mim e conversado com pessoas que fizeram falta.

Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Would it be possible to save all the data that was added since the loss, restore the lost data, then readd the saved data? Idk I hope that makes sense. I think it would be best to try to save as much as possible since a lot of people would've posted goodbye threads that have been lost and to just keep on keeping on without it would feel... idk it would feel kinda disingenuous to a large part of the reason this site exists? I feel it's important to remember those we've lost and to honour their final contributions.

Reactions: Skathon
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
If the private messages from chat are really gone, from years ago, then that changes the game and perhaps how people would have voted in this poll. If they are related. Losing two weeks worth of data was one issue. Losing years of pms? This is tragic and if the roll back could save those...I think it could change how some would have voted.

--

Oh for those unaware, it was recently discovered last time chat was up, that pms dating back years were missing and/or deleted.
I would seriously like for my chat DMs to be restored, I'm sure so many other people feel that way. This loss is devastating. All the memories with all these people I have met, some of whom who have CTB, just gone like that. This is terrible...

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Is there any way to recover lost DMs at all? Any way at all? This is seriously causing me a lot of pain... I know I sound like I am being overdramatic but a lot of people I talked to their profiles are no longer accessible because their accounts have been terminated after they CTB or their accounts were always private and the DMs are all the memories I have left with them.

L

Longwalk

Jul 5, 2023
My case is kinda specific, but I created my first ever account a few days before the loss, then another one right after. At this point, this account has way more activity on it and I'd be pretty sad if it got deleted.
I got my stuff lost as well. I joined just a bit before the outage and just got all my posts and search privileges lost as well. I opened up in some posts more than I have ever opened up. But I will just post again on things and carry on. I think things should be left the way they are. I will be gone soon so it's not really gonna be a big problem for me.
I would feel bad for the people who wrote goodbye threads...is it possible to like save all the goodbye threads and delete everything else?
That's the shit part of life. We just get left behind and forgotten.
Yes I feel bad for the lost goodbyes also. I had opened up in that time and it's all lost.

Last edited:
M

mojabaka

Student
Apr 20, 2022
stupid question, but did old personal messages get lost too? Last time I logged on to this site was in 2022 and I remember I had conversations via PM with a few people. Now everything is empty. I just wanted to remember what we talked about :(

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
If you'll recall the time Github lost its database by accident, their worst-case-scenario decision was to continue as-is and cut their losses with the previous data, so that's my vote.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
stupid question, but did old personal messages get lost too? Last time I logged on to this site was in 2022 and I remember I had conversations via PM with a few people. Now everything is empty. I just wanted to remember what we talked about :(

= belivd tht msgs r savd on th/ servr bt tht hve bn rports frm othrs tht sme msgs mght hve bn lst

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
Maybe make something like old.sanctioned-suicide.net, restore it there, and close that version from registration and further postings. So people will be able to copypaste their threads from there to here, google-search old info etc.