wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Hey … so I witnessed a violent crime back when I was a kid. This was the early 80's, and the few victims' services I can find are intended for recent crime victims as the court case against their (or their loved one's) assailant makes its way through the justice system.

Due to some recent triggers, I'm having flashbacks again and basically feel like I'm losing my mind. This is some dark, dark shit, though. Experience has shown me that you cannot talk to normal people about this. That includes most therapists, pastors, and counselors of one kind or another. And you can forget about talking about it with your average person with depression or addiction issues, or whatever it is that everyone has now in the dystopian hellscape of … Friday.

I guess I figured that you guys might be my best bet for finding any kind of resource anywhere. I mean … folks who have seen combat have seen some shit, but that's not my background. I'd feel like a fraud. I don't really know where to go with my story that's so fucking ugly that people actually get mad at me for telling them, even if they actually asked me to tell them. ("Well I didn't expect you to tell me THAT." Great. Thanks, "support" person.)

• Hugs
Reactions: tankapi and ForgottenAgain
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Are you after a discussion forum, self help type articles or access to qualified support?

Just over 4 years ago, I started to get flashbacks from my childhood SA (35+ years after they happened). It's ultimately led me here, from what was a happy and successful life. I never used to display trauma symptoms, but I'm now like a flashing neon advert for CPTSD.

I'm happy to talk, even if our trauma's are different, I may be able to relate.

• Love
Reactions: wait.what and Praestat_Mori
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Hey … so I witnessed a violent crime back when I was a kid. This was the early 80's, and the few victims' services I can find are intended for recent crime victims as the court case against their (or their loved one's) assailant makes its way through the justice system.

Due to some recent triggers, I'm having flashbacks again and basically feel like I'm losing my mind. This is some dark, dark shit, though. Experience has shown me that you cannot talk to normal people about this. That includes most therapists, pastors, and counselors of one kind or another. And you can forget about talking about it with your average person with depression or addiction issues, or whatever it is that everyone has now in the dystopian hellscape of … Friday.

I guess I figured that you guys might be my best bet for finding any kind of resource anywhere. I mean … folks who have seen combat have seen some shit, but that's not my background. I'd feel like a fraud. I don't really know where to go with my story that's so fucking ugly that people actually get mad at me for telling them, even if they actually asked me to tell them. ("Well I didn't expect you to tell me THAT." Great. Thanks, "support" person.)

Thnk rathr thn crme servcs = mght b bettr t/ lk fr ptsd/trma servcs in genrl

Thre = thred whch covrs dffrnt thrpis fr ptsd

Thre = sectn specfclly fr trma therpis bt bdy therpis lke somatc xperncng & trma-rleas xerciss r also usd fr ptsd

Mdma hs also bn usd fr ptsd & thre = sectn on psychdelcs & hw t/ accss trials etc - bt psychdelc therpy mght b availbl in ur area n.ewy

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and Praestat_Mori
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Are you after a discussion forum, self help type articles or access to qualified support?
Honestly, I'm not picky. I'll take whatever you've got. I've come up with zip.
Mdma hs also bn usd fr ptsd & thre = sectn on psychdelcs & hw t/ accss trials etc - bt psychdelc therpy mght b availbl in ur area n.ewy

I tried ketamine infusions for my depression for almost a year … I found the experience terrifying. Kind of like if Disney's Haunted Mansion ride flickered unpredictably in and out of a real life version of itself. My sister has had some success with mushrooms, though.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Honestly, I'm not picky. I'll take whatever you've got. I've come up with zip.

I tried ketamine infusions for my depression for almost a year … I found the experience terrifying. Kind of like if Disney's Haunted Mansion ride flickered unpredictably in and out of a real life version of itself. My sister has had some success with mushrooms, though.

Jst remmbr tht ketmne = dffrnt drg t/ MDMA - thre hve bn specfc therpis devlpd usng MDMA whle dscussng trma whch hs lowrd th/ thred rsponse associ8td & hs workd wll fr sme ppl

Also therpis sch as somatc therpy & rapd reslutn therpy u d/ nt nd t/ dscuss th/ tramatc incdnt in d-tl & = mre geard 2wrds changng ur nervs systm rsponse arnd th/ memris & cre8tng feelngs of sfety whch evntlly hlp ur mnd & bdy t/ procss & heal frm emotns associ8td wth th/ trma

Thre = also a thred whch hs info of dffrnt onlne spport grps whch mght gve sme xtra spport also

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and wait.what