ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
Why do I feel lonely all of the sudden? I've always been extremely introverted, with barely any friends and no close friends, and at the moment I am completely alone. I spend most of my free time at the gym or at home by myself and it didn't bother me at all, until now. Why do I feel lonely just now? Why do I seek attention? Am I not actually suffering? Am I just an attention seeker? Why do I care NOW if people actually care about me? I am in a constant argument with myself and I can't wrap my heard around these questions.

• Hugs
Reactions: brokenpersi
R

randy

Student
Jan 6, 2023
some of us may hate to admit it, but humans are social animals.

• Aww..
Reactions: NHLTradeRumor, LavenderButterfly, BBBB and 3 others
Nikalas

Nikalas

Feb 18, 2023
some of us may hate to admit it, but humans are social animals.
This. It's extremely unhealthy to be lonely, and while it generally is okay for a while after a while you can't just bear it anymore

card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
You aren't an attention seeker. It's completely normal to want people to care about you.

Reactions: BBBB and brokenpersi
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've certainly always preferred to be alone and of course I see it as being best to avoid other people but I do understand that dealing with loneliness can be painful for others. I'm sorry that you suffer like this.

• Love
brokenpersi

brokenpersi

Jan 23, 2023
At least you have us. I know it cannot replace real relationships, but you know - its always a good start to recovery :) Btw, sometimes my days are as same as yours - work / gym / home - and i work online, so its home / gym to be honest.

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
Even introverts require some human interaction, it's just gotta be our way on our own terms. I can't answer why you're feeling lonely just now all the sudden. Maybe you had some worthwhile relationships in the past that you've lost now? When you mention home, what is that exactly? You live with your folks or do you have an apartment on your own? I highly recommend getting some roommates, young professionals like yourself. It's always nice to have someone to come home & talk to. If you don't have anyone you know irl to room with, there is online tools such as Roomies. Pretty reasonable rent costs, 1000 a month bills included if definitively doable.

Suffering can be a wide spectrum of problems. Sure, you're not some starving kid in Uganda or something, but your pain is definitely real. 1st world problems are still problems. I wouldn't call loneliness attention seeking don't marginalize it like that yourself.

Reactions: BBBB
NHLTradeRumor

NHLTradeRumor

wow life sucks
Dec 13, 2022
A core concept of human biology is that we're social animals, we survive by following the crowd, as those who didn't would die, so we evolved this way. That being said, modern society seems to not care, and will isolate people that aren't liked. Enough time without social interaction will drive anyone crazy.

leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
A core concept of human biology is that we're social animals, we survive by following the crowd, as those who didn't would die, so we evolved this way. That being said, modern society seems to not care, and will isolate people that aren't liked. Enough time without social interaction will drive anyone crazy.
this has been proven true in ./barf american solitary confinement. ppl are brainfkd for life

Reactions: NHLTradeRumor
LittleBlackCat

LittleBlackCat

Experienced
Feb 6, 2020
I feel extremely lonely. I'm also an introvert and always been content in my own company.. never desired lots of friends or people around me. Then when covid/lockdowns started I started feeling it, the media being all like 'you'll see your families soon and hug them again' kind of made me realise I was missing out in some way, that I'm not 'normal'. Prior to that I was fine being a loner. Can't shake the feelings of loneliness now.